U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which city is better?
St. Louis, MO 79 67.52%
Indianapolis, IN 38 32.48%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,464,045 times
Reputation: 4036

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
1. I was responding to someone who was surprised by St. Louis following in SW Indiana
2. You don't own it, you are not the forum moderator so...you don't tell me what I can and cannot comment on.
But if you read your earlier posts, you refer to a large Cards following and Indy and state that the Cards and Reds have the largest following in Indianapolis. I'm with Toxic -- in Indianapolis the baseball loyalties are Reds and Cubs, then everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The title of this thread is St. Louis vs. INDIANAPOLIS; not STL v. Evansville. If you are trying to make a claim that there are more Cards fans in Indy than Cubs, you are crazy.
There are a ton of Cardinal fans in the Louisville area, I used to live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,464,045 times
Reputation: 4036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
There are a ton of Cardinal fans in the Louisville area, I used to live there.
Probably because at one time the Redbirds AAA affiliate for the Cards was in Louisville. Now Louisville hosts the Reds' AAA affiliate.

But again, Louisville is not pertinent to this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Probably because at one time the Redbirds AAA affiliate for the Cards was in Louisville. Now Louisville hosts the Reds' AAA affiliate.

But again, Louisville is not pertinent to this thread.
Yes, I'm well aware that the AAA affiliate used to be in Louisville, I used to go to the games.
And considering the fact that that Louisville is less than 2 hours away from Indy, its perfectly relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,464,045 times
Reputation: 4036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yes, I'm well aware that the AAA affiliate used to be in Louisville, I used to go to the games.
And considering the fact that that Louisville is less than 2 hours away from Indy, its perfectly relevant.
I fail to see what the baseball loyalties of Louisville residents has to do with the baseball loyalties of Indianapolis residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I fail to see what the baseball loyalties of Louisville residents has to do with the baseball loyalties of Indianapolis residents.
Because its a regional thing, not just a city thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,464,045 times
Reputation: 4036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Because its a regional thing, not just a city thing.
But this is a city v. city thread, one involving St. Louis and Indianapolis, not Louisville. Perhaps Louisville does have a good number of Cards fans dating back to the days of the Redbirds being there. I'm talking about Indianapolis. And as someone who has lived in the Indy area for 16 years and follows sports passionately, I can attest without hesitation that Cards fans in the Indy area are vastly outnumbered by those supporting the Cubs and Reds. It's not even close. And I also agree with Toxic that the White Sox may have a larger following here than the Cards, even if that is due to Chicagoland/NWI transplants living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
But this is a city v. city thread, one involving St. Louis and Indianapolis, not Louisville. Perhaps Louisville does have a good number of Cards fans dating back to the days of the Redbirds being there. I'm talking about Indianapolis. And as someone who has lived in the Indy area for 16 years and follows sports passionately, I can attest without hesitation that Cards fans in the Indy area are vastly outnumbered by those supporting the Cubs and Reds. It's not even close. And I also agree with Toxic that the White Sox may have a larger following here than the Cards, even if that is due to Chicagoland/NWI transplants living here.
Yeah, I guess all bets are off as soon as one hits the city limits of any particular city.
Not going to beleaguer my point, as you seem wont to argue about it.
Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,464,045 times
Reputation: 4036
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, I guess all bets are off as soon as one hits the city limits of any particular city.
Not going to beleaguer my point, as you seem wont to argue about it.
Have a good day.
Your point appears to be that Indy and Louisville are part of the same region. While there may be some ties (and there is an argument over whether Louisville is Midwestern or Southern), I don't believe residents of either MSA would argue they are part of the same region, certainly not from the standpoint of sports.

I wish you a good day as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2011, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,259 posts, read 13,533,225 times
Reputation: 5812
I wonder if we should ask Kansas City about what MLB team they support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top