Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
St. Louis, MO 79 67.52%
Indianapolis, IN 38 32.48%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM

351 posts, read 645,935 times

Advertisements

Which city would you choose? And why? What are the downsides and advantages to each?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 PM

6,749 posts, read 21,998,865 times
I would have to vote Indy since it is closer to my family.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:30 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,109,176 times
Went with STL... I just like MO better than IN, but both are decent enough cities.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:47 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,883,376 times
As the gateway to the West Saint Louis has a ton of history, great architecture, the Arch, the Cardinals, Ted Drew’s, the largest park in the nation; Forest Park, a great zoo, the Muny, great museums, I could go on and on and on…

As a bonus you get to live in beautiful Missouri!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
As the gateway to the West Saint Louis has a ton of history, great architecture, the Arch, the Cardinals, Ted Drew’s, the largest park in the nation; Forest Park, a great zoo, the Muny, great museums, I could go on and on and on…

As a bonus you get to live in beautiful Missouri!
I went to Ted Drewes today.

Amazing. That place is epic for a reason.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 PM

160 posts, read 516,128 times
St. Louis is much, much older with a lot of history. Much outstanding architecture. Many attractions from the Muny, to the Zoo, to the Landing, to the Science Center, the MO Botanical Gardens, Forest Park, Tower Grove Park, and beautiful Art Museum -all well ranked in surveys and are well known as quality places which rank highly nationally.

Bluffs, caves, hills, two major rivers, two states, quite a few Fortune 500 companies, and the Ozarks start running down I-44.

Pro Football, Baseball, Hockey. At least three Universities that are very well-respected.

A good light rail system – mass transit – that has been very successful.

You never really meet many people who live in St. Louis who complain about living here.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:59 PM

8,940 posts, read 17,164,742 times
Well, I am sure STL will win those poll, so why not take this opportunity to show off some of my Indy pics just for my own amusement (and hopefully at least one person's annoyance):

Old 08-18-2008, 11:08 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,752,047 times
I'm sure Indy is beautiful. I remember a nice children's museum there.

But I love STL. I'm a big Cardinal fan as well. And the Blues! Not as much of a football fan.
But St. Louis has a lot of stuff to do, and a lot of good food. And it's bigger than Indy.

I would post some pics, but I don't want to step on anybody's toes as far as copyrights.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueatari View Post
A good light rail system – mass transit – that has been very successful.

You never really meet many people who live in St. Louis who complain about living here.
Oh....I've met plenty of St. Louisans who aren't terribly crazy about their hometown. But the proof is in the pudding and nobody seems to leave. So, whether they like it or not, people there are pretty passionate about St. Louis.

And the mass transit is terrible.

But I think St. Louis is much more culturally rich. Asthetics are lovely (literally). But they don't make a city.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,625,049 times
I've only seen both cities from the highway,but I'd definetly take St. Louis.It seems like a much more urban environment then Indianapolis.Indianapolis has more in common with cities like Kansas City and Columbus.I think they both have pretty nice skylines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City