U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:45 AM

191 posts, read 454,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
you can argue all i want but augusta has nothing to offer no decent radio not even a pop station.....you do have the bell auditorium for a small venue but no one plays there unless you count the surviving members of blood sweat and tears and really who cared? how about richmond county coliseum? the lynx are cool but thats all this venue has to offer...you have the golf gardens but nobody goes there...riverwalk in bad need of repair and too dangerous for a late night stroll with your loved one....augusta is very backwords on a lot of levels heck the city goverment is still more concerned with race than issues....billy morris owns the media so you only get his opinions and beasly broadcast owns the majority of the music outlets hence eagle 105.7 or as it was 102.3 playing the same regurgitated music year after year...the only other rock station is rock 95.1 in grovetown with has such a weak signal it's not worth the time. and then the powers that be decide to eliminate the only pop station in town in favor of another country station that ultimantly failed anyway...kinda funny that if you do want to pick up decent music you tune in to columbia lol...if you want to see a show you go to columbia....greenville...or atlanta....turns out the new venue over in aiken offers more to do than any in augusta and that is sad....augusta has some potential if only it could drag itself out of 1980 and into the future....
Damm Dude,you have so many mispelled words here,it's like a 3rd grader writing,but I think they could do a little better than that.Anyway,the crazy point your trying to make about "radio stations"here is a joke.As a rock station here we have WBBQ,some 61 years old and still going though not a "hard rock"station anymore.the station called "The Drive"here is nothing but classic rock,but includes the 90's as well as the 70-80's music.KISS FM 98.3 is "old school soul music,but also is up-to-date with anything new coming out.We also have our Rap/hiphop and country stations as well.Something for everyone unless your a "fault finder"which you apparently are.Check this out though,some people work and don't have time to listen to music all day or have fun and games24/7.Also,with todays technological advances,internet radio,MP3 Players,CD's and the like anyone that's a music lover can find what there looking for.I would hate to think though that anyone would move to or away from a city simply because the radio stations are "out of date"I mean,how lame is that.I would also be willing to bet you that whereever your living out,has some nagative aspect about it,and there something that's not available there that another city has and depending on who is judging your town,there may be several things they don't like about it.Hopfully though,it isn't something as lame as what you saying about Augusta."out -of date"radio stations.I should like to put "that one" in the comedy section of The Augusta Chronicle.LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 11:52 AM

239 posts, read 626,215 times
lol...I point out several augusta faults and you want to debate spelling just goes to show you have NO aurgument on how lame augusta ga really is....and there is room for improvement but in the last 15 years no one wants to do it...

Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
lol...I point out several augusta faults and you want to debate spelling just goes to show you have NO aurgument on how lame augusta ga really is....and there is room for improvement but in the last 15 years no one wants to do it...
Since your not "all there"let me try and break this down for you,the fact that you can't spell worth a ----- goes to your inteligence,so in your case you don't appear to be very inteligent in expressing yourself and your views.Now I singled out the radio stations,because two-thirds of your comments were about freaking radio stations.Some of the other things you mentioned,I've already responded too,go back slowpope,and read through them again.Apparently,you don't have an argument about the radio stations I just mentioned or you would have responded back with one.The truth is,you really don't know what your talking about so it's a waste of time trying to answer what you don't know about yourself.By the way,I know you must be very proud of where you live and would't mind revealing it.I mean if you can't openly tell people here what city your living in,you have to be ashamed of it,but I just know your proud of your city,WHICH IS?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 PM

Another thing,if your afraid to reveal where you live,it's because you don't want any nagative feedback from me or anyone else that could expose nagative aspects of your city.If it's Greenville by chance,hey,I've already got some exposure on the nagative things there.In fact I have been a part of getting two(2) threads on that forum shut down,because I was determined not to let my city be trashed by ignorant people like yourself.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 PM

again no defense for this poor excuse for a city there is nothing here NOTHING....you want to be rude and insulting which does nothing for your argument about this cruddy city and i would encourage anyone thinking of moving here to rethink the matter because this place is nowhere to be...the radio situation is just another reflection on how backwords augusta is....thats why i put it out there....you have yet to address anything else because you can't augusta is dead and there is not much to be done about it...

Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 PM

hey carolina spellcheck before you point out my flaws and i live in disgusta

Old 08-30-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
again no defense for this poor excuse for a city there is nothing here NOTHING....you want to be rude and insulting which does nothing for your argument about this cruddy city and i would encourage anyone thinking of moving here to rethink the matter because this place is nowhere to be...the radio situation is just another reflection on how backwords augusta is....thats why i put it out there....you have yet to address anything else because you can't augusta is dead and there is not much to be done about it...
You know some people I get mad with because atleast there of "average intelligence,just don't have the facts right when it comes to Augusta.You though,I just laugh at because you not only don't have the facts right,your just plain stupid.After my comments about the radio stations,you have yet to correct me which means you were wrong from the start.So how could anyone believe any of the rest of your comments. ALSO,YOU STILL HAVEN'T MENTIONED THIS NOW PERFECT CITY YOU ARE LIVING IN.BE PROUD OF YOUR TOWN AND REVEAL IT,THEN SPEAK OUT ABOUT HOW GREAT IT IS.FELLOW CITIZENS HERE IN AUGUSTA WANT TO KNOW THAT YOUR PROUD OF WHERE YOU LIVE.HOWEVER,YOU AREN'T GOING TO REVEAL IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TRUE EXPOSURE FROM TO COME OUT AND BELIEVE YOU ME THAT IT WOULD.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 PM

scroll up bitter angry person

Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 PM

Hey everbody,this guy I been saying isn't "all there" is living in Augusta and yet making these comments.Now do I really need to say anything else.THAT SAYS IT ALL RIGHT THERE.""about one can short of a six-pack"

Old 08-30-2008, 12:35 PM

i am confused are you insulting me now or augusta????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or