U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Boston V.S. Atlanta
Boston 166 71.55%
Atlanta 66 28.45%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:43 AM

205 posts, read 638,217 times

Advertisements

this aint even a close one

boston > atl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 10:54 PM

22 posts, read 110,345 times
Boston is very, very small compared to Atlanta, plus it doesn't have no where near as many fortune 500 companies as Atlanta, or unique buildings. Atlanta is one of a kind, that's why you don't have standing structures that all look exactly the same like most cities, especially New York and Houston. I don't know why people would ever try and vote a city like Boston to Atlanta, Atlanta's Buckhead district is larger than Bouston's and a whole lot prettier than Bostons skyline. Also you just can't beat the nicer weather and better entertainment Atlanta offers, having the biggest airport and busiest airport in the world, plus having the largest aquarium in the world, Atlanta is a huge metro, it has more culture than Boston each part of the city, North, South, East and West are completely different from each other so if you don't like what's happening in part of the town, then you can just go to another side of town, in Boston the Skyline is all densely together, and i think that's a tradgedy for any city, especially if you want a change up and travel to another part of town. You can have alot of in Little Five Points, to Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, Sandysprings, Noth Side, Cobb Galleria, Buford HWY, Vineings, Bankhead, East Point, Dunwoody, just to name a few. I know Boston has nothing in comparison to Atlanta.

RESPECT

Old 07-18-2009, 11:04 PM

1,005 posts, read 2,384,517 times
Boston easily

Old 07-19-2009, 02:30 AM

317 posts, read 791,024 times
I've never been to Atlanta, so this isn't exactly fair discretion. BUT I will say that from what I've heard, I think that I would personally enjoy Atlanta a lot. However, I really liked Boston when I visited. For now, I give it to Boston, but we'll see when I visit Atlanta.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:36 AM

2,103 posts, read 3,164,274 times
Boston vs Atlanta? What are we voting on?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:33 AM

3,206 posts, read 7,819,156 times
Is this even a comparison, Atlanta cannot hold a candle to Boston. Atlanta must be the most " new money" too big for your britches" pretenious city on this forum

Old 07-19-2009, 06:01 AM

2,103 posts, read 3,164,274 times
(http://www.metroatlantachamber.com/macoc/business/img/atl_ga_rankings.pdf - broken link)

rhttp://www.metroatlantachamber.com/macoc/business/img/atl_ga_rankings.pdf (broken link)

After reading this, I see why so many people is against Atlanta and other SE cities. It's ranked top 10 in almost category that matters....

Old 07-19-2009, 06:24 AM

3,408 posts, read 8,477,913 times
I'm not sure if I posted on this thread already, it's an old thread. But I'll say again, in Boston you pay too much money to freeze your butt off. No thanks, I'll take ATL's best weather in the world and for a lower price any day. What does Boston have to offer? How could this be a blowout?

Old 07-19-2009, 08:01 AM

6,046 posts, read 9,730,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I'm not sure if I posted on this thread already, it's an old thread. But I'll say again, in Boston you pay too much money to freeze your butt off. No thanks, I'll take ATL's best weather in the world and for a lower price any day. What does Boston have to offer? How could this be a blowout?
Very well-said.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,397,919 times
This is a really interesting poll for me because the city I like more is Boston, but the city I would pick to live in between the two is Atlanta. I like the pedestrian friendliness that Boston offers and the bike trails and the bayfront and riverfront offerings and the park offerings. These things are FAR superior to what Atlanta offers. However, the (winter) weather is horrendous and the cost of living outrageous. If I was rich enough to have two homes, one main one and a winter vacation home in FL or CA or something like that, I'd pick Boston in a heartbeat over Atlanta. But being like most folks who can't afford two homes, I'd choose to live in Atlanta easily over Boston. I'm not about to spend a bunch of money and be house poor to freeze my butt off. No way, no how. I'd just have to drive to the Silver Comet trail in Smyrna if I want to bike and drive to Chattanooga or something if I start to miss having a riverwalk. This is an interesting poll for me because the city I would choose to live in is not the city I like better. I did not vote on the poll, though, because the title just says Boston vs. Atlanta, and I think the assumption is that which city you like better is the city you'd prefer to live in. That's not the case for me here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City