U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Boston V.S. Atlanta
Boston 166 71.55%
Atlanta 66 28.45%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,124,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post
Out of the 126 people that voted for Boston, I bet that at least 100 haven't even been to Atlanta. That's why I find this so humerous.
There's nothing wrong with a difference in opinion. That said, Atlanta does get a bad wrap on this site.

I still voted for Boston though.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 06:40 PM

443 posts, read 400,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBLAKE View Post
Boston is very, very small compared to Atlanta, plus it doesn't have no where near as many fortune 500 companies as Atlanta, or unique buildings. Atlanta is one of a kind, that's why you don't have standing structures that all look exactly the same like most cities, especially New York and Houston. I don't know why people would ever try and vote a city like Boston to Atlanta, Atlanta's Buckhead district is larger than Bouston's and a whole lot prettier than Bostons skyline. Also you just can't beat the nicer weather and better entertainment Atlanta offers, having the biggest airport and busiest airport in the world, plus having the largest aquarium in the world, Atlanta is a huge metro, it has more culture than Boston each part of the city, North, South, East and West are completely different from each other so if you don't like what's happening in part of the town, then you can just go to another side of town, in Boston the Skyline is all densely together, and i think that's a tradgedy for any city, especially if you want a change up and travel to another part of town. You can have alot of in Little Five Points, to Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, Sandysprings, Noth Side, Cobb Galleria, Buford HWY, Vineings, Bankhead, East Point, Dunwoody, just to name a few. I know Boston has nothing in comparison to Atlanta.

RESPECT
Boston has many Fortune 500 companies such as: FleetBoston Financial Raytheon
State StreetCorp.
JohnHancock Financial Services
EMC
Gillette
Boston Scientific
TJX
Reebok International
Liberty Mutual InsuranceGroup
Not all of these are located in the city but most are located close to the city and their are many other major companies located in and near the city.
Boston has a lot of unique architecture and at least as much if not more than Atl. There are examples of everything from French Second Empire (Old Boston City Hall) to Brutalism (New Boston City Hall) as well as minimilist modernism (John Hancock Tower). As far as neighborhoods Boston has everything from the North End (Little Italy), Beacon Hill, Back Bay, Cambridge, Somerville, Brookline, Downtown, South End, South Boston, Seaport/Innovation District. A skyline does not equal a city and Boston has many skylines that form a chain starting in Downtown extending along the edge of Back Bay down to the Longwood Medical area and also extending across the Charles River into Cambridge and a skyline does not effect how a city feels at street level.
It sounds as though you think that the North End and South Boston are exactly the same when their culture and history are incredibly different and this goes for every neighborhood in the city.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,496,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Is this even a comparison, Atlanta cannot hold a candle to Boston. Atlanta must be the most " new money" too big for your britches" pretenious city on this forum
You are absolutely out of your mind. What does "too big for your britches" even mean? Your city is really not too different than Atlanta in that it's a sprawling metropolis in the Sunbelt.

Boston on the other hand is a great city from what I've heard. However many of the comments about why it's more preferable to Atlanta on this forum are a joke.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:55 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,586,150 times
I'm always puzzled by the this city vs that city threads. There is always a city that I like vs a city I hate. This is no different.

Boston is an old big urban city. Atlanta is a new suburban city. It's going to attract different people with different taste in lifestyle. My vote goes for Boston without a thought.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,835,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I'm always puzzled by the this city vs that city threads. There is always a city that I like vs a city I hate. This is no different.

Boston is an old big urban city. Atlanta is a new suburban city. It's going to attract different people with different taste in lifestyle. My vote goes for Boston without a thought.
I agree with you on the love hate thing and choose Atlanta!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City