Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 08:32 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
LOL. I always chuckle when I hear knuckleheads say something like that. "NJ is a wannabe NYC", or "what is NJ without NYC". It's ridiculous. What is ANY suburban metropolitan area without the city for which the metropolitan area is named after? Some people are just dumb.
exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 04:46 AM

31 posts, read 36,896 times
Quote:
So you're looking at a completely urban county, that borders Manhattan, the most dense county in the US. What about Sussex and Warren Counties, both in North Jersey. They are rural, and the only things running around like chickens are the chickens on the farms.

If people live in hudson county because they have no choice economically ,that's one thing. But people that voluntarily live there and actually love it, I myself, find a little strange

Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtoolong View Post
If people live in hudson county because they have no choice economically ,that's one thing. But people that voluntarily live there and actually love it, I myself, find a little strange
Some people (NOT me like that, and to that I say to each his own.)

Old 03-22-2010, 01:13 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
The Charlotte metro has very little going for it even with Charlotte in it
Wow, we're getting clowned by somebody who lives in Cary of all places???

Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
LOL. I always chuckle when I hear knuckleheads say something like that. "NJ is a wannabe NYC", or "what is NJ without NYC". It's ridiculous. What is ANY suburban metropolitan area without the city for which the metropolitan area is named after? Some people are just dumb.
I think the point is that NJ itself doesn't contain the dominant cities for the major metro areas which include a big chunk of each end of the state. It's a fair point, even though state lines aren't as static as threads like this would suggest.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,244 times
If it was absolute, and I couldn't live in any of the other 48 states, I would choose Canada.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
If it was absolute, and I couldn't live in any of the other 48 states, I would choose Canada.
If someone came along and said that they could never live in Massachusetts and rather live in another country --- I bet you would say they don't know all of Massachusetts.

Well that is probably what people from New Jersey and North Carolina are thinking about your comment.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
If someone came along and said that they could never live in Massachusetts and rather live in another country --- I bet you would say they don't know all of Massachusetts.

Well that is probably what people from New Jersey and North Carolina are thinking about your comment.
Yup, especially since we get a lot of tourists at the shore from Canada.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:32 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post

Well, ya know, MA and NJ are right next to each other, so I've been there. So I know a thing or two about New Jersey.

Frankly, if someone wanted to live in Canada over any state including Mass--given how some Americans have been acting lately, I can't say I'd blame 'em.

I love my country, just not all the states in it. So don't take it so personally, you wouldn't want me in North Carolina anyway.

ps, they can think whatever they want to, I wasn't hiding my feelings.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Well, ya know, MA and NJ are right next to each other, so I've been there. So I know a thing or two about New Jersey.
NJ and MA are a good distance apart separated by a decent amount of NY state my friend. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City