U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Vegas or Houston?
Las Vegas 31 46.27%
Houston 36 53.73%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Houston
6,846 posts, read 12,435,508 times
Reputation: 5773

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Of course there is more to the city, like boring suburbs (can find those in every city) and strip malls (can find those also in every city). I am saying those things because they are true. You don't agree only because you want to leave Houston. Every place has some disgruntled residents
I disagree because you have a very narrow minded view of Vegas. All of you boasters become upset when people say Houston is nothing but a sprawling suburb and then you go and spout out crap about other cities. Stop being a hypocrite.

 
Old 05-10-2009, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,765,078 times
Reputation: 877
This is a typical thread on CD. It was humming right along with info being exchanged and then... BAM, someone puts out a completely ignorant and uninformed post (see post 10)and we are forced ot defend Houston. This is why some on here accuse us of boostering. No one here in Houston is making outrageous claims, just telling it like it REALLY is

ADDED BY MODERATOR:

As a note, folks: No.. you are not "forced" to defend a place here when someone makes an objectionable post. Use the 'report post' icon in the upper-right corner of that post and report it, then IGNORE the poster who is offending you. If you do not feed them by replying to them, they go away (otherwise they're just talking to themselves). Adding to it just makes everyone involved get infracted.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 05-10-2009 at 09:27 PM..
 
Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Houston
6,846 posts, read 12,435,508 times
Reputation: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I hope your not saying you actually went outside of the strip, because it just becomes a normal sprawling city.
Actually outside the city is pretty awesome. Lake Mead, the mountains, Hoover Dam. I think the desert is pretty cool. Next time think outside the box if you ever go back. The best parts of going to Vegas can be off the strip if you just make an effort.
 
Old 05-10-2009, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Houston
6,846 posts, read 12,435,508 times
Reputation: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
This is a typical thread on CD. It was humming right along with info being exchanged and then... BAM, someone puts out a completely ignorant and uninformed post (see post 10)and we are forced ot defend Houston. This is why some on here accuse us of boostering. No one here in Houston is making outrageous claims, just telling it like it REALLY is
Go back and look at post #23. I really can't believe you are saying this. Get over yourself and your city.
 
Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Houston
6,846 posts, read 12,435,508 times
Reputation: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I hope your not saying you actually went outside of the strip, because it just becomes a normal sprawling city.
It's sad if you can't see the irony of this coming from you.
 
Old 05-10-2009, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 2,765,078 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Go back and look at post #23. I really can't believe you are saying this. Get over yourself and your city.
And this was in response to a needless bashing. Point made
 
Old 05-10-2009, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,871,550 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
It's sad if you can't see the irony of this coming from you.
Irony?? I always point out the flaws in Houston and know how bad the city sprawls. What I'm stating is you going on saying how great things are outside of the strip, well it's great things outside of Houston. Maybe you should make an effort to get out the inner loop and explore the city some more.

I love how you always call us boasters because we DEFEND the city, but we never say anything that is too far-fetched. You just hate the city and completely miserable living here, so you feel the need to put down anything positive about this city.
 
Old 05-10-2009, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Houston
6,846 posts, read 12,435,508 times
Reputation: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Irony?? I always point out the flaws in Houston and know how bad the city sprawls. What I'm stating is you going on saying how great things are outside of the strip, well it's great things outside of Houston. Maybe you should make an effort to get out the inner loop and explore the city some more.

I love how you always call us boasters because we DEFEND the city, but we never say anything that is too far-fetched. You just hate the city and completely miserable living here, so you feel the need to put down anything positive about this city.
Actually I get outside the city often. I love boating on Lake Conroe and hiking in Sam Houston State Park. But I can also see the value in other cities. You don't always have to prove your city to everyone. You like Houston, isn't that enough for you?
 
Old 05-10-2009, 01:08 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,391 posts, read 23,843,787 times
Reputation: 5618
Houston, after 2-3 days I'm sick of Vegas.
 
Old 05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,871,550 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Actually I get outside the city often. I love boating on Lake Conroe and hiking in Sam Houston State Park. But I can also see the value in other cities. You don't always have to prove your city to everyone. You like Houston, isn't that enough for you?
I see the value in other cities. I never said Las Vegas was a bad city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top