U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which would fit my preferences the best?
L.A. 29 21.48%
NYC 49 36.30%
Chicago 57 42.22%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM
 
999 posts, read 1,402,639 times
Reputation: 494

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami11 View Post
You still dont get it. I dont mean the atmosphere during the national anthem or the fact that the stadium is sold out or an opportunity to get drunk. I am talking about watching great players perform at their best and Chicago, sorry to break this to you, doesnt have a single team that is in the top 3 in any sport. Yes, being the best means winning, thats the nature of sports: we keep scores, and Chicago teams have not much to show for in this department.

Chicago doesnt have events like US Open in Flushing Meadows. Its hard to think of Chicago as better or on par with NYC when there so many great teams and players playing there.

PS I hope your relatives had even better time when the Yankees destroyed the Sox last week. Unless of course they're Cubs fans and simply learned to enjoy being defeated all the time
Are you on crack?

This last year, no we didn't win the championship. However, the Bulls did very well. The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in 2010 and ever heard of the Bulls dynasty? The Jordan era? Quite possibly one of the most famous athletes in the world played for Chicago. Are you aware that the NBA MVP plays for Chicago?

No city will be winning championships every year, no city ever, it fluctuates. Not NYC, not Chicago, not Boston.

However, with your demented mind, it won't matter, because you ignore the facts and quite frankly you just need to get a life .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
 
107 posts, read 97,373 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Are you on crack?

This last year, no we didn't win the championship. However, the Bulls did very well. The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in 2010 and ever heard of the Bulls dynasty? The Jordan era? Quite possibly one of the most famous athletes in the world played for Chicago. Are you aware that the NBA MVP plays for Chicago?

No city will be winning championships every year, no city ever, it fluctuates. Not NYC, not Chicago, not Boston.

However, with your demented mind, it won't matter, because you ignore the facts and quite frankly you just need to get a life .
Demented mind? Thats offensive and show lack of arguments. Reported.

Championships? Facts? The fact us that Chicago Cubs is the only team in the league that hasnt won the national title in over 100 years Bull and Bears glory days are long gone. Who cares where Jordan played? That was 20 years ago.

Yankees, Mets, Jets, Giants, Rangers, Islanders, Nicks and Nets make NYC the best sports city in the US as it offers the total package and
events like US Open put it on the international sports map. Chicago doesnt compare. No way.

Last edited by miami11; 08-09-2011 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 PM
 
999 posts, read 1,402,639 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami11 View Post
Demented mind? Thats offensive. Reported.
Report me all you want. I actually hope I get banned so I don't waste my time arguing with your demented idiotic mind. Report that too please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,391 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Reputation: 5618
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami11 View Post
Demented mind? Thats offensive and show lack of arguments. Reported.

Championships? Chicago Cubs is the only team in the league that hasnt won in over 100 years Bull and Bears glory days are long gone.

Yankees, Mets, Jets, Giants, Rangers, Islanders, Nicks and Nets make NYC the best sports city in the US if not in the world as
events like US Open put it on the international sports map. Chicago doesnt compare.
Too bad they didn't help out in your spelling.
It is "Knicks" ...short for Knickerbockers.

Are you even from NYC? Or just another random fly on the wall. The Nets are an NJ team...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,391 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Reputation: 5618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas101 View Post
You are cherry-picking one year out of the recession, to make Chicago look better.

Again, overall, Chicago has the third worst job losses in the nation since the recession began.

And unemployment rate (by itself) is a terrible way to compare job markets, unless you seriously believe that North Dakota is a better place to get a job than California, or any of the other 49 states.
You are the worst cherry picker on this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 01:35 PM
 
107 posts, read 97,373 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Report me all you want. I actually hope I get banned so I don't waste my time arguing with your demented idiotic mind. Report that too please.
Oh, should i feel sorry for you now? You were trying to prove that Chicago sports were better than New York as if anybody didnt know that Yankees have better track record than both Chicago teams combined and that New York has not one but two NFL and two NHL teams in its metro.... Let it go before your inferiority complex takes you places you never wanted to visit....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
 
107 posts, read 97,373 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Too bad they didn't help out in your spelling.
It is "Knicks" ...short for Knickerbockers.

Are you even from NYC? Or just another random fly on the wall. The Nets are an NJ team...
Do i have to be from New York to take part in this discussion? Wa this a requirement?

Yes, Nets are in NJ and so are the Giants and Jets. Islanders in LI. They are all in NYC metro though and add to NYC sport experience. Whats your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM
 
999 posts, read 1,402,639 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami11 View Post
Oh, should i feel sorry for you now? You were trying to prove that Chicago sports were better than New York as if anybody didnt know that Yankees have better track record than both Chicago teams combined and that New York has not one but two NFL and two NHL teams in its metro.... Let it go before your inferiority complex takes you places you never wanted to visit....

What? That doesn't make sense. I could care less what you think of me. My point was go ahead and report me and I don't care if I get banned. If I do I will move on as I have other things going on in my life that are more important than this website.

However, you, I feel sorry for. As where most people when they get banned, probably just dedicate their time elsewhere. However you, who have been banned several time, dedicate to creating new screenames because apparently the only thing you have in life is trolling on city-data. So on the contrary, it's you I feel sorry for. It's pretty pathetic actually. Unlike you if I get banned I will move on, you will stick around and continue to be obnoxious.

When did I say that Chicago was better than New York in sports? Please naviagte and quote when I said that. Oh wait you will probably just ignore it because you know you are wrong. You said Chicago had nothing to prove itself when it came to sports. I was just countering that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM
 
101 posts, read 80,908 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
You didn't post anything for Chicago or LA. Why do you keep saying this?

The fact is LA is doing worse than Chicago as the US gov stats have shown.
No, I posted the abysmal job numbers for Chicago, and have linked to it TWICE. Please follow along.

U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis figures show that Chicago has the nation's third worst economy.

Please argue with them if you don't like their official stats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
 
999 posts, read 1,402,639 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas101 View Post
No, I posted the abysmal job numbers for Chicago, and have linked to it TWICE. Please follow along.

U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis figures show that Chicago has the nation's third worst economy.

Please argue with them if you don't like their official stats.
Ok Gronzy/Miami/Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top