U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which has the best upscale shopping in Texas?
Dallas 37 61.67%
Houston 23 38.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2009, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 11,780,088 times
Reputation: 2774

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Also if your referring to Lenox and Philps as two of your upscale malls; Houston's Galleria offers the same thing as those stores plus more.
No. The Galleria doesn't offer the same stores until it has a large Bloomingdale's as an anchor.

 
Old 11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Pasadena
883 posts, read 1,924,910 times
Reputation: 445
Will there ever be a thread in which Atlanta wont be mentioned in a city vs city thread. Jeesh!
 
Old 11-21-2009, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 11,780,088 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
Will there ever be a thread in which Atlanta wont be mentioned in a city vs city thread. Jeesh!
Probably not. At least until accuracy regarding Atlanta around here improves, anyway.

And a Houstonian was the one that made an inaccurate claim, not an Atlantan.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,820,914 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No. The Galleria doesn't offer the same stores until it has a large Bloomingdale's as an anchor.
Bloomingdale is nothing; it's an upscale Macy's.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,820,914 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Probably not. At least until accuracy regarding Atlanta around here improves, anyway.

And a Houstonian was the one that made an inaccurate claim, not an Atlantan.
Actually one of your fellow ATLiens is the blame for that. Once again, people from ATL always have be the victims.

Quote:
I think Dallas has the best shopping out of all the Texas citys just look at how many upscale malls they have Houston just has that one. Even in Atlanta we have 3 with a 4th on the way Streets of Buckhead
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 11,780,088 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Bloomingdale is nothing; it's an upscale Macy's.
Wrong. Guess again.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 11,780,088 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Actually one of your fellow ATLiens is the blame for that. Once again, people from ATL always have be the victims.
And you continued it with inaccurate info. Then when proven wrong, you deem it necessary to "downscale" Bloomingdale's.

Once again, someone from Houston always has to have the last word, even when proven wrong.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,820,914 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Wrong. Guess again.
I've been there and I could careless if Houston had one or not. Bloomingdale came to Dallas, closed than left. I guess it's great for people who shop there, but I prefer not to. I'd prefer Houston gets an H&M.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,820,914 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And you continued it with inaccurate info. Then when proven wrong, you deem it necessary to "downscale" Bloomingdale's.

Once again, someone from Houston always has to have the last word, even when proven wrong.
Technically you just happen to look to deep into the statement. When I say everything; I was speaking of majority. Phlips and Lenox together are just the Galleria. To claim it as two upscale stores against the Galleria is incorrect.
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 11,780,088 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I've been there and I could careless if Houston had one or not. Bloomingdale came to Dallas, closed than left. I guess it's great for people who shop there, but I prefer not to. I'd prefer Houston gets an H&M.
Well, seeing that the Lenox store is one of their largest, it's probably a notch or two above what they had in Dallas.

I must say I'm a little shocked you guys don't have H&M?

They just opened our 5th one last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top