Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the best upscale shopping in Texas?
Dallas 37 61.67%
Houston 23 38.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times

Advertisements

I hate to question the intelligence of the Houston posters. but lets do some math. High attendace numbers, high profit numbers and only one main go to mall in the metro area. hmm... I think that adds up. Of course the attendance is high and the profit is high. Theres no other options! LOL

It is really interesting to watch you whole heartedly try to say the shopping options in Houston are better. Bless your hearts for being so adamant. Yes Houston has some stores that Dallas doesn't but theres quite a bit more of everything Dallas offers. And these negative comments on NorthPark are the first I have ever heard from anyone. I work at NorthPark and we have a lot of domestic and international visitors who are very impressed with what they have done with the usually boring shopping mall concept. We also get a lot of compliments on the fact that there aren't any trashy kiosks throughout the mall. I don't know if the Houston posters are just being defensive because they feel overlooked or picked on by others who are always saying Dallas is better at this or that but fact is fact and Houston is behind Dallas when it comes to shopping options.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I hate to question the intelligence of the Houston posters. but lets do some math. High attendace numbers, high profit numbers and only one main go to mall in the metro area. hmm... I think that adds up. Of course the attendance is high and the profit is high. Theres no other options! LOL

It is really interesting to watch you whole heartedly try to say the shopping options in Houston are better. Bless your hearts for being so adamant. Yes Houston has some stores that Dallas doesn't but theres quite a bit more of everything Dallas offers. And these negative comments on NorthPark are the first I have ever heard from anyone. I work at NorthPark and we have a lot of domestic and international visitors who are very impressed with what they have done with the usually boring shopping mall concept. We also get a lot of compliments on the fact that there aren't any trashy kiosks throughout the mall. I don't know if the Houston posters are just being defensive because they feel overlooked or picked on by others who are always saying Dallas is better at this or that but fact is fact and Houston is behind Dallas when it comes to shopping options.
You said it, I didnt, but youre absolutely correct.

Im sorry to all the Houston homers who have to think every aspect of Houston is better than every aspect of Dallas, but it isnt. Both cities have things they do better. Upscale shopping is one thing Dallas does better. Lord knows, there are plenty of things Houston does better too.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
^^Dallas is definitely the bigger fashion city, but it's not miles away from Houston...at least not lately.

Quote:

I knew plenty of people who hated Northpark when I lived in Dallas. They only went there because that's the only place where they could find something. And for everything you say about the domestic/international visitors holds true for The Galleria.

And what do you mean the only main mall in the metro area? If anything, Northpark is the same way. Both metro areas are littered with malls (Dallas a bit too much...as the vacancy rates have been high for years at many malls). The only real difference is that Dallas has more luxury department stores, but that's because of the larger trade area. And try to say Houston posters are defensive, but Dallas posters act real entitled and no one can be better than them at anything (especially Houston)..

Old 05-27-2010, 01:28 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
[quote=LAnative10;14364427]You said it, I didnt, but youre absolutely correct.

Im sorry to all the Houston homers who have to think every aspect of Houston is better than every aspect of Dallas, but it isnt. Both cities have things they do better. Upscale shopping is one thing Dallas does better. Lord knows, there are plenty of things Houston does better too.

Thats exactly the point, I hate when people think their city does EVERYTHING the best.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:30 PM

192 posts, read 504,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Both cities have things they do better. Upscale shopping is one thing Dallas does better. Lord knows, there are plenty of things Houston does better too.
Great post. I'm in Houston, but I try not to be a biased homer. Let's try to be a good example for the Houston & Dallas posters.

Perhaps we should just chalk up some of the unexplained posts in this tread to sibling rivalry.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 PM

182 posts, read 314,376 times
Quote:

Northpark is great but its not the best mall in the world, and its defently not a museum. The original section feels old and is a lot dimmer than the new two storey section. I don't like the huge parking lots surrounding the mall either. Your entitled to your opinion as am I.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:47 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
All you have to do is open a Texas Monthly & you'll see just as many ads for high end shopping in Houston as you do in Dallas.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Is there any upscale retail development in store for Houston?

Old 05-27-2010, 04:21 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
You do realize this thread was started by someone from Dallas, right?
I know that I'm just saying this is a Dallas vs. Houston thread, not just 1-sided.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Is there any upscale retail development in store for Houston?
Houston Pavilions downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City