Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the best upscale shopping in Texas?
Dallas 37 61.67%
Houston 23 38.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:25 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,726,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_she View Post
Atlanta has better shopping than both Dallas and Houston
I dont think so. Atlanta really only has two things Dallas and Houston dont (H&M and Bloomingdales).

For upscale shopping Dallas is the best of the three.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 AM

213 posts, read 420,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I dont think so. Atlanta really only has two things Dallas and Houston dont (H&M and Bloomingdales).

For upscale shopping Dallas is the best of the three.
Actually 3 maybe 4 Nicole miller... But that's here nor there because it can be vice versa... Dallas and Atlanta just offer multiple locations of highend and semi highend.. Everything in Houston is tied to galleria once the mall is 100 percent occupied there isn't going to be anyroom for anything else..unless they close stores are create some other type of development.. Atlanta is trying to catch up Lenox is adding Fendi and zegna phipps is adding Chanel not to mention perimeter going thru changes with Michael kors betsey Johnson Stuart wietzman and zara which are all 2nd locations in atl

Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Actually 3 maybe 4 Nicole miller... But that's here nor there because it can be vice versa... Dallas and Atlanta just offer multiple locations of highend and semi highend.. Everything in Houston is tied to galleria once the mall is 100 percent occupied there isn't going to be anyroom for anything else..unless they close stores are create some other type of development.. Atlanta is trying to catch up Lenox is adding Fendi and zegna phipps is adding Chanel not to mention perimeter going thru changes with Michael kors betsey Johnson Stuart wietzman and zara which are all 2nd locations in atl
Don't even try that; Phipps and Lenox are within the same area and right across from each other. The Galleria alone offers just as much as both of those malls combined.

I prefer the Galleria layout more the Phipps/Lenox. I can get everything I need in one mall instead of having to leave one mall to go to the other.

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 06-10-2010 at 09:02 AM..

Old 06-10-2010, 08:53 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,841,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prive212 View Post
Oh please, Atlanta is a joke!

Both "luxury" malls in Atlanta are poorly decorated and pretentious. I would hardly consider Atlanta cutting edge. I think the city is a nice place with a home style feel to it, but I would hardly call Atlanta chic. The luxury brands that are available in Atlanta have poor selection of merchandise and seem to mainly carry watered down pre-collections and cruise/resort. Also, the stores are tiny! The newly re-modeled Versace boutique must be the size of the fitting room at Versace in Dallas.

Houston and Dallas boast:

Hermes (2) boutiques
Louis Vuitton - (3) large stand alone boutiques
Gucci (2) boutiques
Versace (2) boutiques
Valentino (2) boutiques
Jimmy Choo (2) boutiques

Chanel (2) large boutiques
Barney's New York (flagship)
Yves Saint Laurent - soon to be (2) boutiques
Fendi
Christian Dior
Harry Winston
Bottega Veneta (2) boutiques
Carolina Herrera
Oscar De La Renta
Roberto Cavalli
Tod's
cool, but i don't think houston has a valentino. unless you're saying dallas has two

Quote:
Atlanta has none of the bolded stores. I will say that Atlanta has more discount shopping and the H&M's are a nice touch, but when it comes to high fashion GA has nothing on Texans. Texas is nearly perfect in luxury brands in our market, the only 2 missing being Dolce & Gabbana and Prada. Although, Prada is rumored to make a come back to Dallas or possibly Houston.
isn't dolce going bankrupt?

i also think i read/heard something about dallas getting a manolo blahnik

Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,247,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Don't even try that; Phipps and Lenox are within the same area and right across from each other. The Galleria alone offers just as much as both of those malls combined.

I prefer the Galleria layout more the Phipps/Lenox. I can get everything I need in one store instead of having to leave one mall to go to the other.

But there is more to Atlanta shopping for that sort of thing besides Lenox and Phipps. Had you actually been to Atlanta, you would've known that.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
But there is more to Atlanta shopping for that sort of thing besides Lenox and Phipps. Had you actually been to Atlanta, you would've known that.
No need for the attitude because I never stated Atlanta didn't offer more than Lenox and Phipps.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

I prefer the Galleria layout more the Phipps/Lenox. I can get everything I need in one store instead of having to leave one mall to go to the other.
Don't try what in atl and Dallas there are more than one location..if I can't find what I need or my size at one bloomies 5 miles down the road is perimeter is the other one.. Doesn't it feel good when the store clerk says hey let check the other location to see if they have your size there... Having multiple locations is a good thing.. Having one is not because sizes and selections get picked over....

Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Don't try what in atl and Dallas there are more than one location..if I can't find what I need or my size at one bloomies 5 miles down the road is perimeter is the other one.. Doesn't it feel good when the store clerk says hey let check the other location to see if they have your size there... Having multiple locations is a good thing.. Having one is not because sizes and selections get picked over....
Ummm.....ok????

Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 AM

I'm just big on destanations that's all.. I myself. Perfer independent boutique shopping because those are the places that are not shopped frequently.. I hate to go somewhere and someone has on the same clothes are shirt.. That's why I try to stay away from the mall as much as possible

Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 AM

To prive212 actually there missing more than just Prada and D&G

the Miami metro alone has 2 3 or even 4 of everything u just named. Plus I can name about 13 more highend stores that dallas nor Houston Has that's in the Miami metro.. I think the whole South does well period

Brioni
Lavin
Sergio Rossi
Brunello Cucinelli
Chloé
Domenico Vacca (2)
Emilio Pucci(2)
Giuseppe Zanotti
Marc Jacobs
Miu Miu
Nanette Lepore
Lulu Couture
Luigi borelli
I would say we probably fall 3rd after east coast and west coast..

Last edited by Soulchild23; 06-10-2010 at 10:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City