U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which has the best upscale shopping in Texas?
Dallas 37 61.67%
Houston 23 38.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 AM
 
213 posts, read 362,778 times
Reputation: 79

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody_1008 View Post
I already said that brah
I didnt know you did by the time i sent the message and it posted I scrolled up and saw you had already posted. My bad for stepping on your feet.

 
Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 AM
 
213 posts, read 362,778 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
The Bal Harbour Shops has the only remaining freestanding boutique for Sergio Rossi, at least in North America.

I think Vegas/Miami (South Florida) are on the same level. I mean, the Bal Harbour Shops has pretty much every well-know, high-end, designer brand you can think of. A nice addition is it is all under one roof, where in Vegas the boutiques are spread among the Vegas Strip and the various resorts. The thing with Bal Harbour Shops and the rest of the upscale shopping areas in South Florida (Palm Beach's ritzy Worth Avenue, Aventura Mall, Village of Merrick Park, South Beach's Collin Avenues and Lincoln Road) is the type of customer they attract aren't as fickle as Vegas. Not to mention the local wealth that exists alone in South Florida.

Wanted to add, I think Christian Louboutin opened a freestanding boutique in Miami's Design District last December.

Your right I went for memorial day weekend and went to Bal harbour and hit that D&G store for a belt.. I saw Sergio Rossi store while I was there... I also Live for that Marc Jacobs boutique.... Oh dont forget Boca Raton that Mall there is Upscale too. The Galleria in Palm Beach to is getting upscale also.. Im beginning to think That Vegas and Miami maybe on the same level too
 
Old 06-11-2010, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Greater Houston
4,514 posts, read 8,601,555 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Im beginning to think That Vegas and Miami maybe on the same level too
Vegas can't win over world-famous Rodeo Drive in average people's minds but Miami is approximately equal to Atlanta to those same people. I'll start a Miami vs. Atlanta thread.
 
Old 06-11-2010, 01:24 PM
 
1,198 posts, read 1,524,481 times
Reputation: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Your right I went for memorial day weekend and went to Bal harbour and hit that D&G store for a belt.. I saw Sergio Rossi store while I was there... I also Live for that Marc Jacobs boutique.... Oh dont forget Boca Raton that Mall there is Upscale too. The Galleria in Palm Beach to is getting upscale also.. Im beginning to think That Vegas and Miami maybe on the same level too
D&G or Dolce & Gabbana?

How big are the stores at Bal Harbour? Do they carry the full product selections that each designer has to offer?
 
Old 06-11-2010, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Jersey Boy living in Florida
3,732 posts, read 6,895,506 times
Reputation: 834
Why do people think Atlanta is on par with Miami when it comes to shopping? Miami pwns Atlanta, don't even get me started on metro areas.
 
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
2,887 posts, read 4,122,440 times
Reputation: 1870
There is a miami/Atlanta thread now. please take the conversation there.

This is all about Houston and Dallas up in here y'all.
 
Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM
 
213 posts, read 362,778 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
D&G or Dolce & Gabbana?

How big are the stores at Bal Harbour? Do they carry the full product selections that each designer has to offer?
Most of them are full selection and the stores are a nice size.. There is a D&G ten there's Dolce & Gabbana I went to D&G to get my belt.. I used work for Niemans there.. Before transfering to Atl.. There is a waiting list of designers wanting to get in there.. It's 100 percent leased and it's totally upscale...
 
Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Houston
182 posts, read 272,414 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Most of them are full selection and the stores are a nice size.. There is a D&G ten there's Dolce & Gabbana I went to D&G to get my belt.. I used work for Niemans there.. Before transfering to Atl.. There is a waiting list of designers wanting to get in there.. It's 100 percent leased and it's totally upscale...
Its Neiman(s) .. I found some stores to be kinda small
.
 
Old 06-12-2010, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Dallas
5 posts, read 8,875 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
To prive212 actually there missing more than just Prada and D&G

the Miami metro alone has 2 3 or even 4 of everything u just named. Plus I can name about 13 more highend stores that dallas nor Houston Has that's in the Miami metro.. I think the whole South does well period

Brioni
Lavin
Sergio Rossi
Brunello Cucinelli
Chloé
Domenico Vacca (2)
Emilio Pucci(2)
Giuseppe Zanotti
Marc Jacobs
Miu Miu
Nanette Lepore
Lulu Couture
Luigi borelli
I would say we probably fall 3rd after east coast and west coast..
My post was directed towards Houston/Dallas and the ATL comment. If I were comparing other cities New York would win hands down in the retail game.

Everyone knows Bal Harbour and Palm Beach and world renown for their fabulous shopping and tourism. But I find Houston and Dallas to be interesting markets as the traffic supporting these boutiques are primarily locals, with tourism on a much smaller scale than N.Y.C., L.A., S.F., L.V., P.B., etc.

I referenced only Prada and Dolce & Gabbana as missing from our market because these are the only two labels available in similar markets but not ours. No one in Houston/Dallas is going to die without a Chloe boutique , Pucci bikini, or one-shoulder Lanvin dress, they can just go to 1 of 4 NM's or Barney's and get their designer goods there.

And I would hardly consider any of the labels you mentioned as must have's for any market. While I love Lanvin, the line has very few boutiques and 90% of business come's from wholesale (Barney's), same with Chloe, and Pucci is evolving but still regarded by the majority as a seasonal (spring) brand and not a must.

On a side note, does anyone even wear Marc Jacobs anymore? What he does for Vuitton is usually very good, but the **** sure hits the fan at his own house.



B
 
Old 06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Houston
182 posts, read 272,414 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prive212 View Post
My post was directed towards Houston/Dallas and the ATL comment. If I were comparing other cities New York would win hands down in the retail game.

Everyone knows Bal Harbour and Palm Beach and world renown for their fabulous shopping and tourism. But I find Houston and Dallas to be interesting markets as the traffic supporting these boutiques are primarily locals, with tourism on a much smaller scale than N.Y.C., L.A., S.F., L.V., P.B., etc.

I referenced only Prada and Dolce & Gabbana as missing from our market because these are the only two labels available in similar markets but not ours. No one in Houston/Dallas is going to die without a Chloe boutique , Pucci bikini, or one-shoulder Lanvin dress, they can just go to 1 of 4 NM's or Barney's and get their designer goods there.

And I would hardly consider any of the labels you mentioned as must have's for any market. While I love Lanvin, the line has very few boutiques and 90% of business come's from wholesale (Barney's), same with Chloe, and Pucci is evolving but still regarded by the majority as a seasonal (spring) brand and not a must.

On a side note, does anyone even wear Marc Jacobs anymore? What he does for Vuitton is usually very good, but the **** sure hits the fan at his own house.



B
THANK YOU! ... there was this fool a while back that insisted Houston was far behind Dallas because Houston didn't have a ST. CROIX, DOONEY & BOURKE, NA HOKU, and SWAG!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top