Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the best upscale shopping in Texas?
Dallas 37 61.67%
Houston 23 38.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times

Advertisements

Galleria Dallas is definitely still considered an upscale mall. They went through a little lull in the past couple years but there is a new owner, recently finished up its renovation which looks very nice and new stores are starting to open up there. I think it has a lot of potential. When NorthPark expanded it was the coolest new place to be and a lot of stores fled there. However I think some of the stores should have stayed at Galleria or opened there instead, the demographic is different up there. Mango, Energie, Custo Barcelona should have all opened at Galleria instead of NorthPark. I think they would still be open for business and Max Mara should have stayed at Galleria however that designer label is in a lot of financial trouble and I think the Dallas closure is the first one of more to come for that label.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
I guess Faconnable is opening at Galleria Dallas. I just found out today. that is good news. I've been to the Atlanta store and its nice. Also I saw that Aritzia is opening a store in Plano. I think its their first location in Texas. I wouldnt be surprised to see some of the stores that havent made it in NorthPark come back to Dallas in Galleria. Simon Property Group who manages the Galleria Dallas now is a great leasing company. They do a great job attracting retailers.

Last edited by R1070; 05-25-2010 at 11:53 PM..

Old 05-26-2010, 12:21 AM

213 posts, read 420,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I guess Faconnable is opening at Galleria Dallas. I just found out today. that is good news. I've been to the Atlanta store and its nice. Also I saw that Aritzia is opening a store in Plano. I think its their first location in Texas. I wouldnt be surprised to see some of the stores that havent made it in NorthPark come back to Dallas in Galleria. Simon Property Group who manages the Galleria Dallas now is a great leasing company. They do a great job attracting retailers.

You know what faconnable has nice clothes they remind me of a Sophisticated J crew

Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 AM

213 posts, read 420,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Do younger women (18-35) even buy Dooney purses these days? That fad was soo early 90's.

Same goes for Ralph Lauren. Unless you're a rich SMU frat kid no one really cares about Polo anymore.

you would be surprised by who wheres RL not just young frat kids, RL makes some classic pieces. If your a fashion head then you should know that. Thats why he is still around to this day..

Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,247,355 times
When are H&M or Bloomingdales coming to DFW or Houston?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:52 AM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody_1008 View Post
I'm surpirsed Lima Peru isn't on that list (sarcasm). I'm sorry but I'm not going to follow on something written out of Austin, give me Forbes or the NY Times
Why is it hard to believe that Dallas has the upper hand on Houston when it comes to fashion. Fashionable is one thing but Dallas still has the upper hand on upscale boutiques and stores. Not the end of the world and it's mostly because of history and trade.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody_1008 View Post
I'm surpirsed Lima Peru isn't on that list (sarcasm). I'm sorry but I'm not going to follow on something written out of Austin, give me Forbes or the NY Times
Im sorry you feel that way but its true.

Dallas has the upper hand on Houston on fashion. Fashion, trends, and shopping is what Dallas does best. Outside Miami, it is the best city in the southern states for it.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Why is it hard to believe that Dallas has the upper hand on Houston when it comes to fashion. Fashionable is one thing but Dallas still has the upper hand on upscale boutiques and stores. Not the end of the world and it's mostly because of history and trade.
I agree with this, but I feel Dallasites are behind in Fashion. They offer more upscale stores, but it's "Fashion Capital" title isn't represented well out on the streets. The average person in Houston dress better (Imo) than the average person in Dallas.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
When are H&M or Bloomingdales coming to DFW or Houston?

Not sure about Bloomingdale's. but lots of H&M rumors surfing around about them opening here soon.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:34 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I agree with this, but I feel Dallasites are behind in Fashion. They offer more upscale stores, but it's "Fashion Capital" title isn't represented well out on the streets. The average person in Houston dress better (Imo) than the average person in Dallas.
Sorry if this comes across the wrong way, but I feel the statement above is only true for black people who do seem to dress better in Houston. In Dallas, white people, Hispanic, and Asians seem to dress better. The reason I include Asians in that statement is that Koreans and Japanese tend to dress alot better than the other Asian cultures and there are alot more of those in Dallas than Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City