U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 04:58 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,658,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
I bet you could. I'm also willing to bet that those same artists have more than one house. I have no idea why you say "most music celebrities live in Atlanta". I'm sure Los Angeles would have something to say on that.
IM talking about IN the Rap and R&B world im talking about that actually lives here meaning ATlanta is home home

Old 11-24-2008, 05:03 PM

9,223 posts, read 13,452,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
IM talking about IN the Rap and R&B world im talking about that actually lives here meaning ATlanta is home home
Let's hear some.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:06 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,570,603 times
Quote:
How ****in hard is it to speak English heh?

Are you saying hip hop's home is Atlanta? Are you feeling alright pal?

Old 11-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Really now? No business talking down on Atlanta hip hop:
YouTube - Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks On Me

Yeah, Houston hip hop/rap can hold its own against Atlanta's. We may not be as mainstream anymore, but Atlanta's mainstream consists of Soulja Boy and other crap artists. It's a wash in the mainstream. Underground? Houston wins. Seriously, K-Rino:
YouTube - K-Rino - Two Sides To The Story

Major respect for Andre 3 Stacks though. I love the 'Love Below' album and ATLien is a classic.
Thge

Where is houston right now doing absolutely nothing and thos rappers are old and outdated the last person i heard something from that was out of houston was paul wall . And T.I is consistent I know He is very liked up north and they refer to him as the Jay-z of the south

Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
How ****in hard is it to speak English heh?

Are you saying hip hop's home is Atlanta? Are you feeling alright pal?
Yep right now it is bruh

Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Thge

Where is houston right now doing absolutely nothing and thos rappers are old and outdated the last person i heard something from that was out of houston was paul wall . And T.I is consistent I know He is very liked up north and they refer to him as the Jay-z of the south
See, you get on me about speaking for "everyone", but there you go saying "they" refer to him as the "Jay-Z of the South". And nope, Houston isn't doing much mainstream wise in hip-hop/rap. Atlanta is doing good with TI right now, but everything else out is garbage (Soulja Boy, etc.). If the last person you've heard that was out of Houston was Paul Wall, then you've been in some hiding. Old and outdated? That Geto Boys song is timeless.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,803,433 times
Angel713 I like that "2 Sides of the Story", nice. My bold font was chopped and screwed, which is overdone.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Angel713 I like that "2 Sides of the Story", nice. My bold font was chopped and screwed, which is overdone.
You'll like these two then:

YouTube - k-rino valley of decision

YouTube - K-Rino - Imagination

Old 11-24-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
See, you get on me about speaking for "everyone", but there you go saying "they" refer to him as the "Jay-Z of the South". And nope, Houston isn't doing much mainstream wise in hip-hop/rap. Atlanta is doing good with TI right now, but everything else out is garbage (Soulja Boy, etc.). If the last person you've heard that was out of Houston was Paul Wall, then you've been in some hiding. Old and outdated? That Geto Boys song is timeless.
oh you forgot ludacris and outkast and tell America who is buying the music that is garbage because there the ones who are making them famous so evidentally someone is likeing the garbage Every city has there share of garbage artist . So stop the Hating !!!!!!! ATLANTA IS ON top we all know it. WHen the northern Rappers stop trying to compete with each other then maybe they can come back too. thanks to beef 2 of the best rappers are gone BIGGIE smalls and tupac. I Love the up north rappers i perfer them over southern rappers but in reality all you see right now mostly is atl rappers all over the TV and BET and MTV so thats the only reason why i am saying what i am saying

Old 11-24-2008, 06:56 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,570,603 times
Quote:
Yep right now it is bruh
Um, no it's not. My home will always be New York even if I decided to move to China, England, Greenland, or ****in Antarctica. Just because I'd live there doesn't mean it would be my home.

Hip hop has one home... New York. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or