U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 02:55 PM

9,223 posts, read 13,459,046 times

Advertisements

I enjoy some songs slowed down though. Not necessarily chopped and screwed where the lines repeat 4+ times.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:36 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,660,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
LMAO....What did you bring? I give you Kast and Goodie Mob. I also give you Luda and maybe TI. But everybody else? Nope. Jeezy is not creative. he just talks about drugs and that appeals to not only the inner city people, but the suburbanites who has no idea what that lifestyle is all about. The thing is, that's been talk about all the time before anybody has heard of a Jeezy. His lyrics are terrible, his flow sucks, his wordplay is garbage, and his production is average. Dem Franchize boyz? D4L? Yung Joc? lol.

Guess you don't like quality music. That's the thing with some Atlantans. They hype their garbage up so bad but the ones that are good or maybe are good, they shove to the side because they think they are too "east coast." Oh and sales don't mean a thing. that just means you have a bunch of sheep following you nowadays. If they really cared about quality, they wouldn't buy it much less even look at it.

Im sorry you dont like it Well until there is change Alanta is RUnning things right now The entire south is every radio on every channel in clubs you are going to here atl music. But you guys are getting excited about my opinions. At the end of the day our opinions dont matter. so we are debating for our health. So i have said what i wanted to say on this forum and i am out

Old 11-25-2008, 06:43 PM

9,223 posts, read 13,459,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Im sorry you dont like it Well until there is change Alanta is RUnning things right now The entire south is every radio on every channel in clubs you are going to here atl music. But you guys are getting excited about my opinions. At the end of the day our opinions dont matter. so we are debating for our health. So i have said what i wanted to say on this forum and i am out
don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:32 PM

18,238 posts, read 25,941,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Not surprisingly you did not rebut any of my points.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 17,215,747 times
Im from NYC and my favorite rapper out right now is T.I. He's doing it big.

I only like a couple of Lil Wayne songs.

Thats it for the south.

NYC still got it. I dont dance that candy snap ****ty music.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,805,419 times
Quote:
LMAO....What did you bring? I give you Kast and Goodie Mob. I also give you Luda and maybe TI. But everybody else? Nope. Jeezy is not creative. he just talks about drugs and that appeals to not only the inner city people, but the suburbanites who has no idea what that lifestyle is all about. The thing is, that's been talk about all the time before anybody has heard of a Jeezy. His lyrics are terrible, his flow sucks, his wordplay is garbage, and his production is average. Dem Franchize boyz? D4L? Yung Joc? lol.
I agree with everything you said above. Going to school (middle and high) my clique battled other groups so I think that I can take some of Jeezy's money if he was up for it.

Guess you don't like quality music. That's the thing with some Atlantans. They hype their garbage up so bad but the ones that are good or maybe are good, they shove to the side because they think they are too "east coast." Oh and sales don't mean a thing. that just means you have a bunch of sheep following you nowadays. If they really cared about quality, they wouldn't buy it much less even look at it.
I know that this was directed at someone else but I grew up listening to the a lot of artist from up top so who do use the hip hop "elements" (flow, punchlines, wordplay, etc) so I don't have a problem giving some "East Coast" guy props. Do I want our guys to actually spit? Yes, and that's who I support, our artist who can spit.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Atlanta's version of crunk was terrible. Memphis was and still is way better and it should be since they started it. I don't care for chopped and screwed anyway but it didn't go into the mainstream and annoy people like crunk did. Both are terrible IMO.
The worst thing to happen to Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys was to become mainstream but you telling me that these (YouTube videos):

Too Short feat Lil Jon-Shake that Monkey strip club joint.

Lil Jon feat Mystikal, Krayzie Bone-I Don't Give A F**k

Bravehearts feat Nas and Lil Jon- Quick To Back Down

Here's some crunk from Up Top

DipSet-Crunk Muzik

Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 PM

6,967 posts, read 17,769,893 times
i grew up on stetsasonic, big daddy kane, eric b,

i actually thought that the wu was bulli**** in 94. lol

NYC owns this.....end of story

Old 11-25-2008, 09:19 PM

Ok, NY's the undisputed 1 in this, who's number two?

Old 11-25-2008, 09:26 PM

6,967 posts, read 17,769,893 times
imo - LA, Chicago, ATL, Houston, NO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or