U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 03:33 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,658,675 times

Advertisements

I bet you dont see country music artist whopping on each other or downing another person in there lyrics there I swear the black community thats why 2pac and Biggie are dead now. because of foolishness we has black people tear down our own communitys down I feel thats why the northern rap died a lil because they werent embracing each other as artist. Instead they are bickering and argueing etc dissing each other in there lyrics . remember all that east coast west coast stuff

Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM

3,186 posts, read 5,191,084 times
Wtf!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:20 PM

47 posts, read 86,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
I'll take Soulja Boy over Young Berg any day. people in chicago hate Young Berg, he makes those reckless comments and then goes to places like Houston and Detroit and gets his @ss whopped. Thats so not Chicago. When he got beat and robbed in Detroit, Chicago disowned him. LOL
what happened when he went to Houston?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:47 PM

341 posts, read 1,199,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD004 View Post
what happened when he went to Houston?
He did a show and tried to skip out on the promoter without paying him his end, so the promoter showed up to the hotel where Berg was staying with like 10 goons and you can guess the outcome from there

Old 02-25-2009, 02:05 AM

259 posts, read 453,218 times
Quote:
Go ask Luda where he is from and he will tell you College Park, GA aka southside Atlanta. Dude over half this city is from somewhere else, and we all claim Atlanta. But if you want to play that game, Kanye was born in Atlanta, he moved to Chicago when he was 7. Common is from Chicago but he moved to LA back in 2003. So whats the big deal? Matter of fact I'm from Chicago, but Im a A-town boy now!!!
Ludacris lived in until he was well into his teens....Kanye has lived in Chicago since he was 7 lol...both of them were in Chicago long enough to be influenced by the city....if you notice Luda sounds nothing like downsouth and if you have ever listened to any older chicago rap artist (do or die, twista, psychodrama, c/c,snapaz) you will notice that each of them have a distinct fast rap(twisting) style to their flow which is was luda does often times....His first rapping ever was done in Chicago with a group called the Loudmouth Hooligans....Atl did discover him though I will say that but the rap style skills...thats all chicago he sounds nothing like the south actually...

Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 AM

162 posts, read 537,039 times
Quote:
What about Beanie Seagal or Philly Freeway??? I still play the Reason and Philladelphia Freeway in the Kenwood. Both of them put out really good albums. Not to mention that Schooly D (before my time) was the first "gangsta rapper" and he is from Philly to
Freeway and Beanie are good rappers, but let's be honest now what did they do that affected Hip-Hop? Freeway only had one hit as far as I know (What We Do), and although Beanie did have two good albums I like, he's irrelevant now because he simply isn't that much of a memorable rapper outside of Philly.

Wow, I didn't even know that Schoolly D is from Philly, I always thought that he was from around Parkside Avenue in Brooklyn.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:15 AM

3,626 posts, read 8,393,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
I bet you dont see country music artist whopping on each other or downing another person in there lyrics there I swear the black community thats why 2pac and Biggie are dead now. because of foolishness we has black people tear down our own communitys down I feel thats why the northern rap died a lil because they werent embracing each other as artist. Instead they are bickering and argueing etc dissing each other in there lyrics . remember all that east coast west coast stuff
So rap is the cause of the Chicago race riots of 1919 or 1968- or the Philly riots of 1964 or the Harlem riots of 1935 or the DC riots of 1968. You mean to tell me rap is the cause of the fall of places like Harlem because of drug kingpins such as Nicky Barnes, Frank Lucas, Azie Faison, and Rich Porter who decided to sell drugs to their people. Rap is the cause of people such as Iceberg Slim and Don Juan chose to pimp and munipulate mostly black women. Sure rap has glorified all of the above- but you have to be a fool to believe that because of rap- it caused the destruction of black communities What's killing hip hop as a whole is the wack ass rappers who are getting record deals from these music CEOs who are pimping the industry- nothing more nothing less

Old 02-25-2009, 10:23 AM

341 posts, read 1,199,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
So rap is the cause of the Chicago race riots of 1919 or 1968- or the Philly riots of 1964 or the Harlem riots of 1935 or the DC riots of 1968. You mean to tell me rap is the cause of the fall of places like Harlem because of drug kingpins such as Nicky Barnes, Frank Lucas, Azie Faison, and Rich Porter who decided to sell drugs to their people. Rap is the cause of people such as Iceberg Slim and Don Juan chose to pimp and munipulate mostly black women. Sure rap has glorified all of the above- but you have to be a fool to believe that because of rap- it caused the destruction of black communities What's killing hip hop as a whole is the wack ass rappers who are getting record deals from these music CEOs who are pimping the industry- nothing more nothing less

LOL. My dad used to always say stuff like that also, that rap destroyed the black community. But then when the movie American Gangster came out we went and saw it at the movies together, and after the movie I was like so what made Frank Lucas do all the bad things he did? Listening to Curtis Mayfield and Marvin Gaye?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
most of the Northern rappers were beefing with each other most of the time. Am im not right? Instead of them embracing each other as artist they tear each other down. As a result you had 2 great artist that were killed over stupid stuff. but i never said it was tearing the black communty down i was saying that as a general statement. We in the black communtiy tear each other down all the time. No Souljah boy isnt a Real Rapper but i am not going to talk crap about him because he doesnt Rap like Nas or any of the other rappers. I would rather him Rap about Crap than to be on the streets selling drugs to his communitys. he produces his own stuff and I think he produced bow wow too you never know what his talent may lead him into doing other great things. I think he is doing something positive at a young age his music is not violent and its catered towards the youth. I have love for everyone I like the fact that there is all types of different rap. People need to start being more up lifting.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
LOL. My dad used to always say stuff like that also, that rap destroyed the black community. But then when the movie American Gangster came out we went and saw it at the movies together, and after the movie I was like so what made Frank Lucas do all the bad things he did? Listening to Curtis Mayfield and Marvin Gaye?

No the Rap these talk about SElling drugs sex etc most Rap videos show women in the worst way slaggin **** and a** all over the screen . Alot of rap does have a Bad refection on the Black community..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or