Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 07:03 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Um, no it's not. My home will always be New York even if I decided to move to China, England, Greenland, or ****in Antarctica. Just because I'd live there doesn't mean it would be my home.

Hip hop has one home... New York. Deal with it.
Its new home is Atlanta reality check you deal with that Nyc started it they stoppped there not doing anything right now ANd the south is continueing it Starting with Atlanta

Old 11-24-2008, 07:03 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,948,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
oh you forgot ludacris and outkast and tell America who is buying the music that is garbage because there the ones who are making them famous so evidentally someone is likeing the garbage Every city has there share of garbage artist . So stop the Hating !!!!!!! ATLANTA IS ON top we all know it. WHen the northern Rappers stop trying to compete with each other then maybe they can come back too. thanks to beef 2 of the best rappers are gone BIGGIE smalls and tupac. I Love the up north rappers i perfer them over southern rappers but in reality all you see right now mostly is atl rappers all over the TV and BET and MTV so thats the only reason why i am saying what i am saying
Oh I didn't forget anybody. Only TI is on right now. Ludacris (to an extent) and OutKast aren't right now. Every city has their share of garbage, but it is well known that Atlanta is the king of it, with the dumb dance records. I don't watch BET or MTV either. Both channels are crap. MTV turned to crap quick (it is basically reality/cheesy shows now).

And the people buying the garbage are between the ages of 8-15, who thinks yelling "yuuuuuuhhhhhh!!!!!" is quality rap.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:20 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,408 times
we said Rap we didnt say if it was quality or not Outkast is about to drop and album next year ludacris is about to drop his album this year he has a single out now with chris brown. YEp and every club and radio station is playing those dance records and there doing the dances all over the country so no matter what you say Atlanta is on top right now. If you can tell me A city that has outshined atl rappers on the charts for the last 2 years ill stopped posting thats singles and albums

Old 11-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
we said Rap we didnt say if it was quality or not Outkast is about to drop and album next year ludacris is about to drop his album this year he has a single out now with chris brown. YEp and every club and radio station is playing those dance records and there doing the dances all over the country so no matter what you say Atlanta is on top right now. If you can tell me A city that has outshined atl rappers on the charts for the last 2 years ill stopped posting thats singles and albums
The thread title is "Top Hip Hop Cities". When I read it, I decided to go on substance/lyrics, and not what's playing on the radio (as many people in this thread did). You're looking at it a different way. There is no denying that Atlanta has been on top of the charts for a couple of years, but it's mostly garbage dance music. So what if every club is playing it? Also, we said right now, and right now (going by charts like you are) Ludacris and OutKast are not on top. You said yourself OutKast's CD drops NEXT year.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:28 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,912 times
While I hate NYC with a passion, there is no doubt that NYC is the home of hip hop. Anyone who says otherwise is exceedingly ignorant beyond belief...

Old 11-24-2008, 08:01 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Angel713 I like that "2 Sides of the Story", nice. My bold font was chopped and screwed, which is overdone.
overdone? From the home of new dances every 2 months? All the new dances for the kids to learn are pretty much overdone as well as the new sounds of Snap and Crunk which happily went away.

And Atlanta nor any other city will never be the home of hip hop. New York will forever be the home of hip hop. I don't care for the charts. Does that mean Nelly is one of the greatest rappers of all time because he sold over 10 million albums. Music is basically dumbed down and sounds the same. Lack of creativity and lack of content is what drives music today. Or basically, an image. So please stop with the sales thing. Doesn't mean a thing.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:29 PM

Spade delivers.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:28 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,642,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
overdone? From the home of new dances every 2 months? All the new dances for the kids to learn are pretty much overdone as well as the new sounds of Snap and Crunk which happily went away.
I never did like the snap movement but stuff happens. Crunk's way better than chopped N screwed. I respect dj Screw's sound but you know that they're flooding us with it; the crunk sound actually revived some careers.
And Atlanta nor any other city will never be the home of hip hop. New York will forever be the home of hip hop. I don't care for the charts. Does that mean Nelly is one of the greatest rappers of all time because he sold over 10 million albums. Music is basically dumbed down and sounds the same. Lack of creativity and lack of content is what drives music today. Or basically, an image. So please stop with the sales thing. Doesn't mean a thing.
Not my argument but NY can't help but to be the home of hip-hop the way NO's the home of jazz but that doesn't mean that it's immune from being outclassed from time to time (like now).

Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Not my argument but NY can't help but to be the home of hip-hop the way NO's the home of jazz but that doesn't mean that it's immune from being outclassed from time to time (like now).
Except for the fact that it's not...

Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,642,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Except for the fact that it's not...
Care to explain, because it's definitely not killing everyone like it was back in the early-mid 90s. If you are talking about the overall picture then yeah, I agree with you but today it's not in a higher class than anyone because we have battle rappers that are acute mentally everywhere, of course you have some NY impression but it's from the legends and not really the peers...besides they take the original hip-hop formula and make it their own and incorporate locale regional slang instead of NY slang (that how it's supposed to be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City