Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix vs. The Grave
Phoenix 24 48.00%
The Grave 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:02 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,703,661 times

Advertisements

I know where I'd rather be.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:16 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,181,054 times
Harsh man...now you have to go and bother the Phoenix people...geez.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Harsh man...now you have to go and bother the Phoenix people...geez.
I'm not "going and bothering" anyone when I start my own thread. Who is bothering whom? Be sure to vote!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
I'm not "going and bothering" anyone when I start my own thread. Who is bothering whom? Be sure to vote!
Just seems like anti-city threads are bothersome.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Just seems like anti-city threads are bothersome.
Maybe it would be if I went to the Phoenix forum and posted it, but I didn't. It's more of a joke about city vs. city polls and the fact that people either love Phoenix or despise it. I hate everything it stands for, hence the poll.

Are you obsessed with and/or stalking me?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Maybe it would be if I went to the Phoenix forum and posted it, but I didn't. It's more of a joke about city vs. city polls and the fact that people either love Phoenix or despise it. I hate everything it stands for, hence the poll.

Are you obsessed with and/or stalking me?

I'm just in love with you...I can't be without you. Never leave me, please?

Get over yourself. No one has posted on this thread, so I decided to help you out.

Oh yeah, and ever occur to you that I might be joking too?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
I'm just in love with you...I can't be without you. Never leave me, please?

Get over yourself. No one has posted on this thread, so I decided to help you out.

Oh yeah, and ever occur to you that I might be joking too?
I've been over myself since my mother decided not to abort me. That was around age 9.

I'm usually joking. Including this whole thread. So far, for every 4 people who would rather be in Phoenix, 2 people would rather be dead. Those aren't very good numbers, for Phoenix.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:39 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,403,446 times
Smile The Real Phoenix.

Phoenix is well compared as a larger version of Fresno or maybe even a little tinge of El Paso you know a big dry dusty flavorless giant suburb of tile rooftops with rocks and dirt. A stucco and concrete jungle. A large portion of it run down and riddled with illegals. A cultureless expanse of transplants with no sense of community. A sprawling generic cookie cutter village of endless redundance. All you see is the same shopping center and master planned community over and over again. Its a colorless empty ghost town with very little to do at all. It's a work and go home type of place that is monotonous and grinding. It's a lifeless pointless meaningless nowhere land. This place was better off being left as a cotton field. They had no business breaking the ground in order to put up their featureless architectually void dull drab developements sprawling for ridiculous distances in all directions. Phoenix is Bedroom Community dependant and freeway lacking. It reeks of John F. Longs slums. It is one big giant FOR SALE SIGN! wich is really an SOS flag for all the homes sinking into foreclosure and cluttering the landscape with abandoned houses over ran with weeds and broken windows

Old 09-14-2008, 01:45 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,581,615 times
I've heard Phoenix was pretty dull, a gigantic sprawl, and plagued with crime.

So I guess I'd choose the grave.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Phoenix is well compared as a larger version of Fresno or maybe even a little tinge of El Paso you know a big dry dusty flavorless giant suburb of tile rooftops with rocks and dirt. A stucco and concrete jungle. A large portion of it run down and riddled with illegals. A cultureless expanse of transplants with no sense of community. A sprawling generic cookie cutter village of endless redundance. All you see is the same shopping center and master planned community over and over again. Its a colorless empty ghost town with very little to do at all. It's a work and go home type of place that is monotonous and grinding. It's a lifeless pointless meaningless nowhere land. This place was better off being left as a cotton field. They had no business breaking the ground in order to put up their featureless architectually void dull drab developements sprawling for ridiculous distances in all directions. Phoenix is Bedroom Community dependant and freeway lacking. It reeks of John F. Longs slums. It is one big giant FOR SALE SIGN! wich is really an SOS flag for all the homes sinking into foreclosure and cluttering the landscape with abandoned houses over ran with weeds and broken windows
Ouch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.