Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
Christ, will you grow up? x-x;
If you were here more, you'd see the Angelenos we get on here. Look at Oilpainter, Monumental, and TheMachineKnownAsLosAngeles and then get back at me.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 PM

288 posts, read 1,328,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
And you are? Is my pizza here already?
Simply Pathetic! This is the mind of a person hoping to be in a profession that will allow you to carry arms. That is a disturbing thought. I hope you stay in your so called superior city or suburb and not pollute mine. Some words of wisdom - If you know what you have then you don't have much.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
Simply Pathetic! This is the mind of a person hoping to be in a profession that will allow you to carry arms. That is a disturbing thought. I hope you stay in your so called superior city or suburb and not pollute mine. Some words of wisdom - If you know what you have then you don't have much.
My goal is to become a federal agent. I'm not a polluter, really, I ride the train to work 95% of the time. I drive to school, but it's only about a 2 mile drive.

You think I'm pathetic? It never ceases to amaze me. You will dog everybody but Angelenos, and it's clearly obvious as we can all see on this site. I'm not dogging anybody because I'm biased, which I've made quite clear as I boost Boston, Chicago, Philly, San Francisco, DC, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincy, and New Orleans along with NYC. I don't, however, boost LA because, as far as I'm considerned, it's more of a suburb than it is a city. Deny it all you want, but I've seen New York, I've seen London, I've seen Paris, I've seen Rome.

LA has no real gems, you have bland architecture, a dead downtown, and boring neighborhoods. Hollywood brings the life to LA.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,391 times
Wow, and I thought I was done with high school...

Old 09-14-2008, 04:27 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,041,025 times
Seriously, I hate the west coast. I dont know why, I just do. NYC is where its at. Everything runs through us. LA is nothing but a s**t stain. NOBODY cares about it. I like Chicago and really thats as far west as I validate a city. Everything west of the Chi is mountains, plains, ranches, desserts, etc

Give me Philadelphia, Newark, DC, Baltimore, Boston etc before any west coast city. The above are actual cities.

Everybody who lives somewhere other than the north east, really couldn't make it here.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:32 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Seriously, I hate the west coast. I dont know why, I just do. NYC is where its at. Everything runs through us. LA is nothing but a s**t stain. NOBODY cares about it. I like Chicago and really thats as far west as I validate a city. Everything west of the Chi is mountains, plains, ranches, desserts, etc

Give me Philadelphia, Newark, DC, Baltimore, Boston etc before any west coast city. The above are actual cities.

Everybody who lives somewhere other than the north east, really couldn't make it here.
Lol one of the most pathetic posts I've ever read.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,391 times
Seattle is obviously recognizable because of the Space Needle and Mount Rainier. Las Vegas because of the Strip. New York because... it's NYC and plus the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. San Francisco because of the Golden Gate Bridge and maybe the TransAmerica building. Miami's might be known to foreign tourists because so many vacation there, especially from places like the UK. Oh, and DC is probably easily recognized too.

Los Angeles and Chicago's skylines are known because...? Do they have any landmarks that stand out? People would recognize the Hollywood sign, but I doubt most people would recognize either city's skyline. Honestly, after I first joined CD, I had to google for Chicago's skyline well as Philly's, Minneapolis', Boston's, Atlanta's, Dallas', Houston's... They're just not well known skylines and don't have any distinguishable landmarks to set them apart and make them INSTANTLY recognizable. They may have interesting skylines and may be wonderful cities, but that doesn't mean they're recognizable skylines.

That's that, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:38 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
Seattle is obviously recognizable because of the Space Needle and Mount Rainier. Las Vegas because of the Strip. New York because... it's NYC and plus the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. San Francisco because of the Golden Gate Bridge and maybe the TransAmerica building. Miami's might be known to foreign tourists because so many vacation there, especially from places like the UK.

Los Angeles and Chicago's skylines are known because...? Do they have any landmarks that stand out? People would recognize the Hollywood sign, but I doubt most people would recognize either city's skyline. Honestly, after I first joined CD, I had to google for Chicago's skyline well as Philly's, Minneapolis', Boston's, Atlanta's, Dallas', Houston's... They're just not well known skylines and don't have any distinguishable landmarks to set them apart and make them INSTANTLY recognizable. They may have interesting skylines and may be wonderful cities, but that doesn't mean they're recognizable skylines.

I think that post sums it up. Although I myself noticed Chicago's skyline more than Philly's, Minneapolis,Boston's,Atlanta,Dallas or Houston's.

That's that, as far as I'm concerned.

I think that post sums it up. Although I myself noticed Chicago's skyline more than Philly's, Minneapolis,Boston's,Atlanta,Dallas or Houston's.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Lol one of the most pathetic posts I've ever read.
Why? I love SF, but the other western cities are lame to walk around.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:46 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,822,034 times
For me, probably the only skyline I could pick out would the ones with major landmarks.

Chicago and LA certainly have large skylines, but I, personally, couldn't distinguish them from most other cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City