Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Southerners aren't that nice to Northerners, or at least the ones that are obsessed with the civil war.

Florida would be the rudest in my opinion. A lot of the people there are either old and grumpy or rich and arrogant... I'm not saying all people are like that in FL, I'm just answering the forum.

I find the nicest people here at home of coarse, but i wont be bias. I would say the Yonkers area of NY has really nice people. I actually like the people in NYC. People may think they're rude, but in reality they just are so used to tourist that they don't care how they're viewed. They may seem rude to a lot of people, but they have a good personality. That beats someone faking politeness.
Agree with everything you say

Whenever I'm down in Florida visiting family (very often), people really aren't that friendly at all. They're even less friendly here on CD

I have met a few very friendly Floridians, but the majority weren't nice at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 AM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Agree with everything you say

Whenever I'm down in Florida visiting family (very often), people really aren't that friendly at all. They're even less friendly here on CD

I have met a few very friendly Floridians, but the majority weren't nice at all.
Yes, there is nice people in FL. But you're right, there was more grumps then anything.

Try living there! i lived there for a year to help my grandfather.. talk about pain!

Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM

188 posts, read 520,969 times
Rudest: WV, VA, OH, IN, FL, TN
Friendliest: CO, NM
Both: TX, LA, OK
Neutral (Neither): CA, WA, AZ

Old 02-21-2009, 05:40 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,695,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXperson View Post
Rudest: WV, VA, OH, IN, FL, TN
Friendliest: CO, NM
Both: TX, LA, OK
Neutral (Neither): CA, WA, AZ
I disagree with that! VA and TN are super friendly!

Not sure about FL, IN, or OH.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:43 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Wait...I'm picturing Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny...

That was hilarious.
That's a nice picture to have. She is hot!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM

205 posts, read 720,606 times
Oregon seems friendly to me.
M*******s ruined my Cambridge experience.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:50 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Friendlist: NYC and NJ. Rudest: Pennsylvania. Okay, I'm predijust I grew up in NJ and spent a lot of time in NYC and now live in Pa.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgirl36 View Post
This post is ridiculous. People are making assumptions about a state based on one or two incidents or stereotypes.

There are rude and nice people no matter where you go. I travel alot and have encountered rude people in states where there is a stereotype of freindliness, and vice versa.

To make a blanket statement is immature and ignorant.

I personally think the Northeast gets a bad rap. I grew up in NY and now live in CT and I am sick of hearing the stereotype from other people in the country that we are rude. It is just that, a stereotype. I would never live anywhere else.

I don't know, you might be a very sweet, nice person but the people by you sure seemed rude to me when I was on the hiway pulling an enclosed trailor! Cutting in close enough to nearly take the front clip of my pickup off! And then the one lady who did that & slamminhg on her brakes less than half a second later wonders why my Ford bumper took out her corolla's tailights and rear glove box lid? (There is no way a compartment that small should be considered a trunk!)

Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuvopolis View Post
It is hard to go by states because some of them are so diverse. I would say that Philadelphians are ruder than New York City residents. I have lived in both places. There is just a pervasive nastiness in Philly. And to make matters worse, they think that they are nice. At least NYC has no pretense of being friendly. It is almost never "sunny" in Philadelphia.

New Englanders I also find to be rude, but less in a hostile sense and more in a cold, "dead fish" sense. They, too, think they are friendly.
Dead on! People from Philly are VERY nasty. Ny'ers, I think are some of the friendliest 'city' people you'll ever come across. I think the people of Philly have a complex cause their city is so close to NYC, but they in the shadows of it.

P.S. The people from Boston ALWAYS came across to me as miserable. Nasty and miserable people is how I'd describe them.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:56 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,210,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Dead on! People from Philly are VERY nasty. Ny'ers, I think are some of the friendliest 'city' people you'll ever come across. I think the people of Philly have a complex cause their city is so close to NYC, but they in the shadows of it.
That's why we hate you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City