U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city is the capital of the south?
Atlanta 555 53.42%
New Orleans 28 2.69%
Houston 113 10.88%
Dallas 41 3.95%
Miami 39 3.75%
Austin 8 0.77%
San Antonio 12 1.15%
Charlotte 34 3.27%
other 48 4.62%
there is no capital 161 15.50%
Voters: 1039. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:30 PM

9,223 posts, read 13,804,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Wrong. You have absolutely no clue - at all. And YOU never even acknowledged the fact that Atlanta was the regional Fed city - now with other people agreeing, you start to backpedal.
Yeah, it's blatantly obvious now that you have no idea what you're saying. Go back and re-read.

Quote:
If you honestly believe that Atlanta has no influence over Florida, just keep thinking it. Business people know otherwise.
It doesn't, in the sense that people in Florida (especially South Florida) "look up" to Atlanta. Read Spade's post.

Quote:
Just to blow your mind a little, how do you explain the fact that the number one airport flown to from EVERY single city in Florida with commercial service is Atlanta? And I'm not talking about connections at the Delta hub - I'm talking O & D TO Atlanta. How is that possible if Atlanta has zero influence on Florida? Hint - they are coming because this is the dominant city in the region for business. And yes, that includes all 18 million residents.

Source: RITA | BTS | Transtats
Do you realize you just linked Hartsfield's Top 10 destination cities? As in, where people in Atlanta fly to the most? Now, I might be looking at it wrong, but from what I'm looking at, it means top destinations for Hartsfield.

Quote:
Not only did you not deny it, you never even acknowledged it. You just kept repeating what you wanted to without even checking out my posts.
Covered above.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:43 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
FLA influences ATL also in terms of econimics and everday life. So I think its tit for tat.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
They need us just as much as we need them.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:51 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,119,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Yeah, it's blatantly obvious now that you have no idea what you're saying. Go back and re-read.

It doesn't, in the sense that people in Florida (especially South Florida) "look up" to Atlanta. Read Spade's post.

Do you realize you just linked Hartsfield's Top 10 destination cities? As in, where people in Atlanta fly to the most? Now, I might be looking at it wrong, but from what I'm looking at, it means top destinations for Hartsfield.

Covered above.
Wow, you are MORE than clueless. You have to use the drop-down menu on the uppper right side of the page, and you can pull up EVERY major airport. For the airports that are not major, you click on the link titled "show all airports by state."

It really doesn't matter at this point, as you have proven that you read and interpret things the way you want to see them, no matter how many facts are presented. Coversing with you is like talking to a piece of furniture.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
FLA influences ATL also in terms of econimics and everday life. So I think its tit for tat.
Absolutely! It works both ways. So sad that Angel713 has such a problem comprehending ANY of this.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Wow, you are MORE than clueless. You have to use the drop-down menu on the uppper right side of the page, and you can pull up EVERY major airport. For the airports that are not major, you click on the link titled "show all airports by state."
I already did that. The graph shows the top airports that fly into the airport selected. I've looked at a bunch of airport.

Quote:
It really doesn't matter at this point, as you have proven that you read and interpret things the way you want to see them, no matter how many facts are presented. Coversing with you is like talking to a piece of furniture.
It's like talking to a brick wall with you. Give me DeaconJ or LovinDecatur any day over you.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:55 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,987,861 times
Atlanta does not have any influence on the state of Texas. Since the job market is still very good in the Austin/San Antonio area I believe this area will boom and have close to 5 million in about 10 years. I think Houston and Dallas/FW will boom along with the Rio Grande Valley. I really believe that Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta and Raleigh with still boom at a slower pace.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM

No, it doesn't. It shows the top airports flown to from the city you select. Again, you prove my point. I have HANDED you a link you would have never found on your own, and you are still in denial!!!!!

And I totally concur with your thoughts re: DeaconJ and LovinDecatur - it is actually easy and enjoyable to talk intelligently with both of them. Certainly can't say the same for you.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
No, it doesn't. It shows the top airports flown to from the city you select. Again, you prove my point. I have HANDED you a link you would have never found on your own, and you are still in denial!!!!!
I'm not in denial. I already stated that I may be looking at it wrong. I read it as the top airports with a destination to the airport selected.

Quote:
And I totally concur with your thoughts re: DeaconJ and LovinDecatur - it is actually easy and enjoyable to talk intelligently with both of them. Certainly can't say the same for you.
Oh noez.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Atlanta does not have any influence on the state of Texas. Since the job market is still very good in the Austin/San Antonio area I believe this area will boom and have close to 5 million in about 10 years. I think Houston and Dallas/FW will boom along with the Rio Grande Valley. I really believe that Charlotte, Nashville, Atlanta and Raleigh with still boom at a slower pace.
Nope, Atlanta doesn't really have any influence over Texas.....unless you want a Coke, shop at Home Depot, need building supplies or consumer products from Georgia Pacific, fly on Delta or ship anything with UPS.

Nope, no influence at all..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City