U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Houston, LA, or Chicago? for melting pot diverstiy.
Houston 27 20.00%
Los Angeles 54 40.00%
Chicago 54 40.00%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 AM
 
522 posts, read 1,496,011 times
Reputation: 314
Chicago trumps both of the other cities in every single way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 AM
 
9,019 posts, read 21,162,450 times
Reputation: 5795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You said if Chicago was 95% white, it could still be diverse and I didn't know this was english class....
No, YOU said "if Chicago was 95% white..." and I was just going along with your supposition (you might need to look up that last word).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,340,733 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
No, YOU said "if Chicago was 95% white..." and I was just going along with your supposition (you might need to look up that last word).
you might need to reread what you type

"Just because a city is 95% white doesn't mean it's not diverse".<--this is what you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 PM
 
9,019 posts, read 21,162,450 times
Reputation: 5795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
you might need to reread what you type

"Just because a city is 95% white doesn't mean it's not diverse".<--this is what you said.
That's right. I was playing along with your supposition (and you still haven't looked up its definition, apparently).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood
1,933 posts, read 2,545,713 times
Reputation: 1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
you might need to reread what you type

"Just because a city is 95% white doesn't mean it's not diverse".<--this is what you said.
Even if that's what he said, he's right. Whites come from many different countries, religious backgrounds and customs.

You're sure closed minded if you think tha just because a city is 95%
white means it's not diverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
13,380 posts, read 14,412,130 times
Reputation: 4990
Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
Chicago trumps both of the other cities in every single way.
Could you name those ways, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,340,733 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Even if that's what he said, he's right. Whites come from many different countries, religious backgrounds and customs.

You're sure closed minded if you think tha just because a city is 95%
white means it's not diverse.
Sorry but I don't want to be the only dark skinned person in a room full of white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 04:42 PM
 
9,019 posts, read 21,162,450 times
Reputation: 5795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Sorry but I don't want to be the only dark skinned person in a room full of white people.
If a white person were to say that he doesn't want to be the only white skinned person in a room full of black people, he'd be called a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,340,733 times
Reputation: 6659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
If a white person were to say that he doesn't want to be the only white skinned person in a room full of black people, he'd be called a racist.
I'm sorry??? I have no control over what other people think and now your just getting on my nerve because your still offended about my opinion on Atlanta and you have a smartass remark to everything I say. grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
 
9,019 posts, read 21,162,450 times
Reputation: 5795
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'm sorry??? I have no control over what other people think and now your just getting on my nerve because your still offended about my opinion on Atlanta and you have a smartass remark to everything I say. grow up.
Sorry, your opinions aren't really that important to me. Throwing a temper tantrum doesn't make you right. Maybe you haven't been in this country long enough to know how things work, but trust me, if a white guy were to say that he doesn't want to be the only white skinned person in a room full of Hispanics or African Americans, he would be run out of town as a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top