Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city makes the best Mexican food?
San Diego 67 9.88%
Los Angeles 173 25.52%
Pheonix 24 3.54%
Las Vegas 2 0.29%
Alburqurque 85 12.54%
Dallas 73 10.77%
San Anotonio 97 14.31%
Dallas/Fort Worth 11 1.62%
Houston 58 8.55%
Other 88 12.98%
Voters: 678. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 12:07 AM

696 posts, read 1,162,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^^Sadies food looks like Dennys does Mex

I dont care for New Mexico food at all. Its more of a regional thing, not real mexican food.

California, Texas and Arizona win.
Looks like Denny's wow what Denny's are you eating at ? Or do you not have a clue what you are talking about?

Putting Texas, and Arizona above New Mexico solidifies you don't have a clue. LMAO

Tex Mex is a mediocre at best, Texas is known for BBQ. Arizona, what exactly is Arizona known for? Tea?

California style Mexican reminds me too much of Chipotle which is basically the white version of mexican food.

By the way do you even have any background culturally at all relevant to your opinion? Are you of hispanic origin?

Last edited by cityKing; 05-30-2015 at 12:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 12:30 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,049,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Looks like Denny's wow what Denny's are you eating at ? Or do you not have a clue what you are talking about?

Putting Texas, and Arizona above New Mexico solidifies you don't have a clue. LMAO

Tex Mex is a mediocre at best, Texas is known for BBQ. Arizona, what exactly is Arizona known for? Tea?

California style Mexican reminds me too much of Chipotle which is basically the white version of mexican food.

By the way do you even have any background culturally at all relevant to your opinion? Are you of hispanic origin?

New Mex, Mex is not like any food in Mexico. Sadies looks like nachos and bad tacos plus burgers. Not real Mexican food. Is Sadie doesnt sound Spanish...

Texas has TexMex and real Mexican food (shares a much longer border with Mexico than any other state.
Arizona also shares a border w/Mexico and isnt tainted by the green chile.
California just simply does it the best....thats not hard to see. (Chipotle is out of Denver btw)

Old 05-30-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
New Mex, Mex is not like any food in Mexico. Sadies looks like nachos and bad tacos plus burgers. Not real Mexican food. Is Sadie doesnt sound Spanish...

Texas has TexMex and real Mexican food (shares a much longer border with Mexico than any other state.
Arizona also shares a border w/Mexico and isnt tainted by the green chile.
California just simply does it the best....thats not hard to see. (Chipotle is out of Denver btw)
For one : New Mexican food is Mexican food with a twist , it stands on it's own two. Green Chili / Red chili enough said.

For two : New Mexico/ Albuquerque also has tons of "authentic" mexican restaurants as well it's not only New Mexican.

For three: I'll even go as far and same NM Food is superior to "authentic". I think of as NM Food as " Mexican food on steroids "

For four : Tex Mex is average, I got family in Texas, and family in New Mexico, trust me, Texas is best at BBQ.

For Five : Arizona shares the border with Mexico? And New Mexico doesn't? What is AZ even known for?? You dodged that question.

For Six: California style Mexican food = Chipotle style Mexican food (white version of mexican food w/ guacamole)

There you go , that's plenty of reasons for you. You get D for the day. Study a little harder next time

You also forgot to answer if you even were of hispanic origin? Or are you just a white guy with an opinion?

Old 05-30-2015, 12:55 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,480,188 times
why should new mexican food be considered mexican when the people who created it don't consider themselves mexican

Old 05-30-2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
why should new mexican food be considered mexican when the people who created it don't consider themselves mexican
The people who created it don't consider themselves Mexican? What do you mean?

You do know New Mexico has a very large Mexican + Mexican American population correct?

Old 05-30-2015, 01:04 AM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 28 days ago)

20,367 posts, read 12,650,170 times
Matt's el Rancho- Austin TX

Old 05-30-2015, 01:10 AM

I'll leave it at this :

California style = http://hackthemenu.com/wp-content/up...tle-nachos.jpg

Texas style = http://www.kcet.org/living/food/imag...exmex1-600.jpg

New Mexico style = https://www.google.com/search?q=New+...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Coming from someone who actually lived it culturally , someone verified and knows what they are talking about.

Go grab a taste of New Mexico and you will never talk AZ, TX, CA again .

Albuquerque > All others all day, no competition, I say it with confidence.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:13 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,480,188 times
chipotle is from colorado.

carne asada fries, a mission burrito, a california burrito, korean tacos, or fish tacos are better representatives of California-Mexican food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
The people who created it don't consider themselves Mexican? What do you mean?

You do know New Mexico has a very large Mexican + Mexican American population correct?
I've never been there but when I read about New Mexico and specifically the hispanic population there, people differentiate between Mexicans and the New Mexican hispanics.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:15 AM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 28 days ago)

20,367 posts, read 12,650,170 times
Never eat Mexican food north of Dallas or east of Texas.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
chipotle is from colorado.

carne asada fries, a mission burrito, a california burrito, korean tacos, or fish tacos are better representatives of California-Mexican food.

I've never been there but when I read about New Mexico and specifically the hispanic population there, people differentiate between Mexicans and the New Mexican hispanics.
Never said chipotle wasn't from Colorado, what I am saying is California style Mexican food reminds me of Chipotle

The difference you ask ? The difference is that some are Mexican Americans (born and raised in the USA) other's aren't from the USA (immigrants).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City