U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city makes the best Mexican food?
San Diego 46 8.27%
Los Angeles 133 23.92%
Pheonix 19 3.42%
Las Vegas 1 0.18%
Alburqurque 71 12.77%
Dallas 69 12.41%
San Anotonio 83 14.93%
Dallas/Fort Worth 10 1.80%
Houston 45 8.09%
Other 79 14.21%
Voters: 556. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 12:23 AM

4,155 posts, read 4,460,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Albuquerque > All others all day, no competition, I say it with confidence.
I respond in kind in your general direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 12:34 AM

1,078 posts, read 954,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityking View Post
for one : New mexican food is mexican food with a twist , it stands on it's own two. Green chili / red chili enough said.

For two : New mexico/ albuquerque also has tons of "authentic" mexican restaurants as well it's not only new mexican.

For three: i'll even go as far and same nm food is superior to "authentic". I think of as nm food as " mexican food on steroids "

for four : Tex mex is average, i got family in texas, and family in new mexico, trust me, texas is best at bbq.

For five : Arizona shares the border with mexico? And new mexico doesn't? What is az even known for?? You dodged that question.

For six: California style mexican food = chipotle style mexican food (white version of mexican food w/ guacamole)

there you go , that's plenty of reasons for you. You get d for the day. Study a little harder next time :d

you also forgot to answer if you even were of hispanic origin? Or are you just a white guy with an opinion?
lol

Old 05-30-2015, 12:38 AM

1,078 posts, read 954,647 times

This is the type of Mexican food you find on every corner in LA btw.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:03 AM

78 posts, read 91,354 times
Kansas City has great mexican food. Pepe's carnitas are to die for. If you're willing to risk having health problems eating a certain food, then it must be really good.

PS if you go to Pepes, go early on sunday to get your carnitas or else you will regret it.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:41 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,345,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Never said chipotle wasn't from Colorado, what I am saying is California style Mexican food reminds me of Chipotle

The difference you ask ? The difference is that some are Mexican Americans (born and raised in the USA) other's aren't from the USA (immigrants).
Well you need to take yourself to the Mission and Excelsier Districts instead of eating at Chipole near Pier 39 and Fishermans Wharf. You know nothing about California Mexican cuisine. The best produce in the U.S. Is in California

Old 05-30-2015, 09:24 AM

8,509 posts, read 8,820,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Well you need to take yourself to the Mission and Excelsier Districts instead of eating at Chipole near Pier 39 and Fishermans Wharf. You know nothing about California Mexican cuisine. The best produce in the U.S. Is in California
That's correct, you also get coastal Mexican influence with Mexican seafood. New Mex is not that great, hence their rating in the poll.
Across the southwest for sure, but is CA#1. I only hesitate to say LA because it's all over the state.

Old 05-30-2015, 04:25 PM

696 posts, read 872,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
That's correct, you also get coastal Mexican influence with Mexican seafood. New Mex is not that great, hence their rating in the poll.
Across the southwest for sure, but is CA#1. I only hesitate to say LA because it's all over the state.
California get's rated high for it's name alone, where as New Mexico is rated based on quality alone.

As long as you stamp "California" on it , by default it attracts high rates despite the quality.

I'll take quality and true uniqueness over hype, boring and uninteresting any day of the week.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, New Mexican food is Mexican food on steroids

Come down to Santa Fe or Albuquerque their's a reason why Presidents come down here.

New Mexican cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only people who should genuinly have an opinion are people who know what they are talking about

Yes Please :http://www.elpinto.com/images/DE_ima...Plate-300w.jpg

Old 05-30-2015, 04:26 PM

18,563 posts, read 26,901,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityking View Post
looks like denny's wow what denny's are you eating at ? Or do you not have a clue what you are talking about?

Putting texas, and arizona above new mexico solidifies you don't have a clue. Lmao :d

tex mex is a mediocre at best, texas is known for bbq. arizona, what exactly is arizona known for? Tea?

california style mexican reminds me too much of chipotle which is basically the white version of mexican food.

By the way do you even have any background culturally at all relevant to your opinion? Are you of hispanic origin?
lol

Old 05-30-2015, 05:21 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,944,501 times
El Paso?

Old 05-30-2015, 06:40 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,267,556 times
Los Angeles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or