Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city makes the best Mexican food?
San Diego 67 9.88%
Los Angeles 173 25.52%
Pheonix 24 3.54%
Las Vegas 2 0.29%
Alburqurque 85 12.54%
Dallas 73 10.77%
San Anotonio 97 14.31%
Dallas/Fort Worth 11 1.62%
Houston 58 8.55%
Other 88 12.98%
Voters: 678. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:48 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,286,901 times

Advertisements

^
LOLOLOLOLOL
Those arn't restaurants, they have those running around everywhere where there are many latinos.
That is more of the Mexican culture thing, if you go down to a middle or even lower class neighborhood in the afternoons everyone is selling Tamales, Ice cream, Elotes(a form of corn on the cob), amongst other things....you name it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,513,634 times
In my experience, LA, Tucson (not in the poll) and Houston have the best Mexican food

Old 10-03-2008, 12:50 AM

362 posts, read 1,057,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Honestly dude what a stupid thread. Albuquerque kicks A$$ No Joke, Everyone knows that, for a large city... otherwise Santa Fe.. and the real Mexican Food Capital Espanola.. Damn those 3 NM Cities are THE BEST, Texas.. or Cali dont even compare.. junky wanna-be original food.. haha..

and wtf LV? thats just... stupid

When did Albuquerque become a large city? I would barely call it mid size if that. It reminds me of Midland, Tx a town of a 100K.
I would say the best mexican food would be in Texas or California, states with large Mexican populations

Midland

Albuquerque

Old 10-03-2008, 12:57 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,297,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
When did Albuquerque become a large city? I would barely call it mid size if that. It reminds me of Midland, Tx a town of 100K.
I would say the best mexican food would be in Texas or California, states with large Mexican populations
Albuquerque has a metro area of over 835,000, ding dong. It's a pretty substantial city actually. I spend several days this summer there scoping the place out. What part of "New Mexico" don't do understand?

Old 10-03-2008, 01:10 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,106,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Albuquerque has a metro area of over 835,000, ding dong. It's a pretty substantial city actually. I spend several days this summer there scoping the place out. What part of "New Mexico" don't do understand?
I would have to agree, the skyline looks smaller than a city of barley 100k.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:16 AM

San Antonio is said to have has the best tacos in America. I need to try this place, never heard of it until it aired on Food Network.

.:: Taco Taco Cafe ::. Mexican Restaurant - San Antonio, Texas

Last edited by SweethomeSanAntonio; 10-03-2008 at 01:40 AM..

Old 10-03-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
I understand what you are saying, and while I completely agree that this is just another excuse for a my-city-is-better-than-your-city cat fight, the point of this thread is personal taste, because what we call Mexican food differs from area to area. Tex-Mex is very different from New Mexican, and while I don't have much "experience" with Cali-Mexican food, I'm sure it is different as well. So really it depends not only of the quality of the food in different cities, but also which cities present which kinds of food...because some people may prefer Tex-Mex over New Mexican/Southwest, or vice-versa, hence preference over cities over Mexican food.

So very true!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:43 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,019,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
I would have to agree, the skyline looks smaller than a city of barley 100k.

thats true, its cause we live in a poor state,downtown is near the airport and it has poor soil---whats San Antonio's excuse, yall live in the almight state of Texas yet for the size of your city the skyline is pathetic.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,019,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
When did Albuquerque become a large city? I would barely call it mid size if that. It reminds me of Midland, Tx a town of a 100K.

Midland

Albuquerque

over a half million in city proper so I would at least consider it mid-size, Midland would be smaller than mid-size, Id expect people on a US city data thread to know that since we are all here cause we like geography.

anyways there are large populations of mexicans all over the Southwest so you cant really compare there based on population, theres more to it than that.

anyways too many of yall are taking this to heart and are getting all butt hurt over a mexican food thread and are starting to take it out on the cities now, its really pathetic and childish.

lets just say that Iowa has better mexican food cause there are some small towns there with large mexican populations so END OF THREAD- Iowa has the best Mexican food.

.[/quote]

Old 10-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
thats true, its cause we live in a poor state,downtown is near the airport and it has poor soil---whats San Antonio's excuse, yall live in the almight state of Texas yet for the size of your city the skyline is pathetic.
Sorry, didn't then mean to come off as rude, just a pretty small downtown, for the size of Albuquerque. I will say Albuquerque is a pretty city.

San Antonio has a good skyline, could be better, but, far from pathetic. Lots of construction going on downtown. The city also has more than one skyline.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City