U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM

3,625 posts, read 6,947,839 times

Advertisements

^ LOL that pretty much happens in every southern city i can think of. NO, Charlotte, ATL, I think houston has it's share of dreads with gold grills.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM

815 posts, read 1,788,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
NYC might be safe for ya multi-millionares living in towers and ya typical tourists in Time Square but the hoods in NYC are wild and are just as bad as any hood in Philly, B-more or DC. The hood is the hood, can't say that B-more's hoods are worse than Philly or vice-versa, it's no difference. A kid getting hit with a stray in B-more is no diff. than a kid getting hit with a stray in NYC or Philly, and it goes all other ways. Stats say Newburgh is more dangerous than NYC, which I think is bananas. Newburgh has alot of violence and poverty but it's not on NYC's level.

OMG!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Newburgh is so not dangerous its not funny!!!!!!!!!! I actually have been there before and the person who took me there used to always call it the 7th borough, it wasn't until I went there that I saw how much of a stretch the 7th borough was. Thats like someone from Convington, Georgia calling it the eastside of Atlanta

Old 09-09-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
^ LOL that pretty much happens in every southern city i can think of. NO, Charlotte, ATL, I think houston has it's share of dreads with gold grills.
"Dreads & Golds Im from down south!!!" Oh yeah you already know, but quite often I see people on here saying Miami is an east coast city. I always say to that I guess someone forgot to tell the black community that down there, because they are about as southern as it gets

Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM

7,936 posts, read 13,544,743 times
Camden, NJ
Trenton, NJ
Newark, NJ
Paterson, NJ
Reading, PA
Harrisburg, PA
Philadelphia
Baltimore

Old 09-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedc View Post
there isn't one place that is the worst. NYC has harlem, wash. heights, queensbridge, and other bad places. camden new jersey = death. there are so much ****holes in philly. birmingham alabama is pretty bad. if you want to count atlanta as an east coast city it is real ****in dangerous too. but washington dc, murder capital, no bull****. highest murder rate ever recorded for a US city, 80.6 per 100,000. youll get laid in anacostia, trinidad, barry farm, wash. highlands, or pretty much any hood in SE. baltimore sucks too. mos of the most dangerous cities are on the east coast. the only ones on the west coast are compton, oakland, and richmond, cali.a few areas of la too, but thats it.

It's that big bad Tri-Tri-Trinidad!!!!LOL, I lived in Trinidad right off E St for a few years and it is bad I will say that, but anyone who knows how to conduct themselves in a rough environment will be fine, which is kind of across the board for anywhere. Never really spent any time in Barry Farms, although everytime I rode the Green Line it seemed as though somebody was claiming Oy Boys, so I would assume that Barry Farms is pretty deep. And about the east coast having the most dangerous cities, doubt that. PLaces like B-More, DC, and Philly are averaged out by safe places like NYC, CT, and those other townships in New Jersey that are on the safest cities list every year. Crime is usually in the bigger cities on the east coast. In the south you have a bunch of small towns, and mid sized cities like Macon, GA, Savannah, GA, Plant City, FLA, Lake Worth FLA, Riveria Beach, FLA, just to name a few that are very small but just as bad as bigger cities like Miami and Atlanta. Poverty and dispair are still to this day much more prevelant in the south than up north. Matter of fact more than half of the states in the top 10 for murder rate are in the south. Mississippi is # 1 almost every year, and its also the poorest state in the country

Old 09-09-2009, 01:29 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,067,468 times
Most dangerous .... Miami comes to mind

Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 PM

6,967 posts, read 17,758,980 times
my last trip to MIA, every 5th person looked like this dude

http://toothgrill.com/lil%20jon%20crunk%20juice.jpg

Old 09-09-2009, 01:55 PM

11,294 posts, read 16,401,159 times
Them big dreads be looking straight up disgusting, they make me nauseous.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 PM

926 posts, read 1,862,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Atlanta is not an east coast city, second neither is Miami. Some may disagree, but I would bet the house that 99.9% of those thugs and goons in Miami who commit the crimes consider themselves to be down south dudes. I mean 7 out of 10 goons in Miami have knotty dreads, thick southern accents and gold teeth, and they more than likey drive an old school chevy, You cant get more down south than that!!! But in response to this thread my answer would be DC, Baltimore and Philly
I cosign. When people think Miami, they tend to automically think of South Beach and Cubans. Negroes in Miami are Southern hood.

Also, youngmj, do you get the impression that Atlanta is as bad as it shows up in rankings? I never have felt like Atlanta was dangerous, and I've lived here all my life. It's either property crime that's giving Atlanta these distinctions of being dangerous or all this stuff is happening in some outer reaches that I don't ever see. On top of that, Atlanta hasn't dealt with gang violence like that in Cali and NYC. I'm sure we've mostly got some petty criminals. I need to look at this criteria they're basing this on.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
I cosign. When people think Miami, they tend to automically think of South Beach and Cubans. Negroes in Miami are Southern hood.

Also, youngmj, do you get the impression that Atlanta is as bad as it shows up in rankings? I never have felt like Atlanta was dangerous, and I've lived here all my life. It's either property crime that's giving Atlanta these distinctions of being dangerous or all this stuff is happening in some outer reaches that I don't ever see. On top of that, Atlanta hasn't dealt with gang violence like that in Cali and NYC. I'm sure we've mostly got some petty criminals. I need to look at this criteria they're basing this on.

Never got the impression that Atlanta was that bad either, I always thought Atlanta being listed at the top of the rankings was due to just a few concentrated areas like the Bluff, Thomasville Heights, Simpson Rd, and a few others. Murders are no where near what they were in the late 80's and early 90's. Just like I told someone on the Atlanta page, there is no way a sane person can say crime is worse now than back then if Atlanta averaged 300 murders yearly during the 80's and early 90's, and now it isn't even half of that. Most of the crime in Atlanta nowadays in money related as all these young kids wanna "floss like Jeezy and Gucci Mane". While I have respect for a 18 year old cat with the drive and ambition to want to be able to buy a Mazarati, more often that not his means to get the Mazarati are illegal. And as far as gangs I always thought that the media blew them up out of proportion, lots of cities dont have gang problems but yet still have pretty high crime rates- Atlanta, DC, Miami, etc.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or