Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 PM

31 posts, read 63,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEYQUEEN View Post
Buffalo is dangerous? LMFAO!hehehehehehehehehehehehe!~

Of course a down stater overlooking upstate again Buffalo is of of the worst crime cities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 05:48 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,772,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Dam the East Coast gets no love on city-data.

But we have it for every other region, so what the heck.

DC
Baltimore
Philadelphia
Newark
Camden
Trenton
Atlantic City
Buffalo

NJ is one big cesspool.
Alpine, NJ (most expensive city in the nation)
Brick, NJ (The safest city in the nation)

So yea ok, coming from the Bronx, i would think a clothespin on the lips would be necessary.

But yes, NJ's major cities aren't the greatest, but it's where the poor go when they can't afford NYC or Philly (therefore we have Newark and Camden)
But among the worst, Camden hands down is the worst with Baltimore, Philadelphia, Buffalo and Newark close behind.

Can't forget about Connecticut's cities though either, Bridgeport, New Haven, and Hartford.

(for me, all the cities I mentioned are livable BESIDES Camden.)

Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,772,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWJERSEY1 View Post
Newark, NJ. No other city comes close. Another murder happened yesterday or today in downtown Newark at a bus stop. When you know murder happens in the DOWNTOWN business area of a city, you know the city IS dangerous. And by dangerous, I mean extremely dangerous.
Come on now, Newark has its days, but it's murder count has almost cut in half over the years along with it's overall crime rating... I still have no clue why people have such fear over Newark but can say Buffalo is a great city, when in reality, Buffalo is worst!
The main thing i'd worry about in Newark is being robbed of my car, Newark has the worst auto theft crime rates in the country, but other than that, enjoy yourself and see what Newark has to offer, you'd be surprised to find some really shiny hidden jewels... I used to want nothing to do with Newark until I went on a class trip to a museum there and was shocked of how false the stereotypes are, Branch Brook Park in Newark tops as one of the most beautiful city parks in the country IMO, even it's cathedral is comparable to NY's St. Patricks, and Newark is so rich in history it's a shame how such a little amount of people realize it.. Newark is by far one of the most underrated cities in America... Who says you have to dodge bullets in West Newark or go through the airport and refineries to experience Newark? that would be an idiot move don't you think?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,711,360 times
Yeah, the NJ cities, Baltimore, Bridgeport, and Philly are bad but don't forget that high crime rates exist in many Southern cities also:

-Charelston
-Atlanta
-Richmond
-Memphis
-Birmingham
-Miami
-Orlando

Old 09-20-2009, 09:05 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,271,162 times
North to South:

Bridgeport, CT (I think?)
Yonkers, NY (Certain Parts)
Newark, NJ (Certain Parts)
New York City, NY (Certain Parts + Too Many To List)
Camden, NJ
Philadelphia, PA (West Philly & North Philly)
Baltimore, MD (Certain Parts)
Washington, DC (Northeast DC)
Richmond, VA (Certain Parts)
Atlanta, GA (Certain Parts)
Jacksonville, FL (Northwest JAX)
Orlando, FL (Certain Parts)
Miami, FL (Certain Parts)

Old 09-21-2009, 05:54 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,190,763 times
It's really a pointless discussion, since the majority of crime occurs between people who are familiar with each other (especially relating to gun violence). Random attacks dont make up the majority of violence.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
It's really a pointless discussion, since the majority of crime occurs between people who are familiar with each other (especially relating to gun violence). Random attacks dont make up the majority of violence.
You are right but there's a lot of random violence as well.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,190,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
You are right but there's a lot of random violence as well.
You're right; random violence occurs everywhere, including cosmopolitan cities.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Yep.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:39 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,483,177 times
Quote:

agreed, most cosmopolitan cities are the biggiest cities....

and roaches and violence are a by-product
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City