U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 06:57 PM

7,322 posts, read 8,979,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo1984 View Post
virginia beach
atlantic city
newark
camden
springfield ma
Springfield, MA, is not great, but it's much,much better than Newark, Camden Philli, Baltimore, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,187,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
hahahahahahahaha.....Thanks for that LOL....you forgot Greenwich, CT and Newton, MA!
He must have meant Norfolk or Richmond. Va. Beach actually has the lowest crime n Hampton Roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedc View Post
SE dc is worse than NE, but he whole east side is bad.
Definitely. NE as a whole isn't bad, and is experiencing massive gentrification. The only truly "bad" areas (i.e. that are not safe at all and comparable to SE DC) are Trinidad and maybe some parts of Brentwood. Takoma Park, Brookland, the portions near Silver Spring and North and West of Howard U along GA Ave aren't that bad at all.

The only "gentrification" in SE is the ballpark which has failed to spark any real development. The only neighbourhood in SE that isn't really a "'hood"
is Capitol Hill.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM

2,958 posts, read 5,501,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpterp View Post
He must have meant Norfolk or Richmond. Va. Beach actually has the lowest crime n Hampton Roads.
Lol I know, I go there several times a year b/c my girlfriend's parents live there. Its one of the safest cities in the nation. And you're right, Richmond (one of the worst in the nation) and several others like Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton and Newport News all have their trouble, although the only ones here I'd include anywhere near a list with Camden and Newark are Richmond and Portsmouth. Either way, it was pretty funny.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,357,165 times
Quote:
Avoid this area of town in Florida at all cost

YouTube - Cameraman attacked by crocodile (not funny almost killed me)

Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,368 times
i was in miami looking for a recording studio and ended up in the hood there. It was f***ing scary. i was hiding under the seat of the car as my friends drove fast trying to get out of there which is very hard to do. every street we turned on was a dead end and people were outside anlooked like they were going to shoot us. DONT GO THERE!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:12 PM

3,732 posts, read 6,892,332 times
^ Lmfao, it's like that in any city if you wind up in the bad section of town. Look, nobody is just going to shoot you, you have to be doing something really stupid to get caught up. Lol @ DON'T GO THERE! like the whole city is terrible, there are plenty of nice neighborhoods in Miami city limits, not even including South Florida Metropolitan Area.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,359,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfdfdfd View Post
i was in miami looking for a recording studio and ended up in the hood there. It was f***ing scary. i was hiding under the seat of the car as my friends drove fast trying to get out of there which is very hard to do. every street we turned on was a dead end and people were outside anlooked like they were going to shoot us. DONT GO THERE!
i think people like this guy are very paranoid, i have been to a lot of hoods in my 19 years of life, and you see i am clearly a teenager, and i didnt have to hide nowhere, i have been to more worse hoods then miami , and never hid because people like your overhyphe the hood way to much.

american hoods arent third world hoods where you can get killed randomly.

i think you need to be a little more open minded, im pretty sure those thugs werent looking to shoot you but just keeping their eyes open to people roaming through their blocks.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM

412 posts, read 611,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfdfdfd View Post

Lol. Yeah you must be one scary individual. People were outside lookin' cuz your buddy drivin' like a maniac at 100mph through their streets for no reason. Lmao.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 PM

@jordandubreil Thats exactly what I was saying. As "scary" as some of you wussies make US ghettos seem, they aren't as bad as the slums overseas. Plus like I just said before, there is usually a reason why people get shot in the hoods in America. In other countries people will literally kill you because they don't like how you look, things like that.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Lol. Yeah you must be one scary individual. People were outside lookin' cuz your buddy drivin' like a maniac at 100mph through their streets for no reason. Lmao.
Lmao seriously, I hate paranoid people. That would have been SUPER embarrassing if I happened to be in the car with them. "OH NO BLACK PEOPLE! WERE GOING TO GET SHOT!"...I hate when people act like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or