U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:12 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,335,586 times

Advertisements

I don't think any of the east coast cities is dangerous. Miami does get the huricanes but you usually have plenty of warning. On the other hand the west coast gets earthquakes and you never know when the big one will hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 04:37 PM

40 posts, read 84,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Brownsville,East NY, Most of Harlem...
I agree with Brownsville but disagree with Harlem.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:27 PM

5,503 posts, read 17,237,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie View Post
I agree with Brownsville but disagree with Harlem.
Harlem still has it's rough parts. Especially around the projects. It is still the hood in 2008.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 PM

14,008 posts, read 22,008,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
There were 21,000 crimes committed in Philadlephia in 2007. Too many? Absolutely.

On the otherhand there were 121,000 crimes committed in NYC in 2007.Thats right there were 100,000 more violent crimes committed in NYC last year compared to Philadelphia.

331 violent crimes per day are carried out in NYC.
57 violent crimes per day are carried out in Philly.

Both numbers are staggeringly ridiculous but I dont care that many many more people live in NYC, the fact remains they have 100,000 more crimes per year then Philly.Per capita statistics when involving violent crime do not work for me. Its merely a convenient tool to camouflage a major problem.

To single out Baltimore,DC,Philly as being violent when NYC had almost 3x as many of crimes committed by Philly,Bal,Dc combined is a bit disingenuous. Is it not?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ics/cscity.pdf
Using that logic, California is the most dangerous state. California has been the murder capital for 50yrs now. No state has passed Cali in murders for years. But if you look at it per capita then most will say its not that bad just like NYC.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:09 PM

3 posts, read 8,516 times
I would say Hartford CT, Springfield Mass, Philidelphia NJ, Rochester NY, Baltimore Maryland
thats just my opinion but springfield and hartford have been on the fbi crime list for the past couple of years and Roxbury Boston is a pretty dangerous place

Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Camden is by far the worst.

Bridgeport, Philly, Buffalo, Newark, Irvington, AC, and Baltimore are all not safe either.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM

21 posts, read 93,082 times
Default Top to bottom.

I am going to have to say.......

For the top of the coast.....

Havent seen much of New York or anything above really so not to sure.

Camden, NJ

Newark, NJ (havent been there in years, dont know if its changed)

Philly

Baltimore

Some of Prince Georges County Maryland.

Northeast (Trinidad, ect) , Greater Southeast (Anacostia, Barry Farms, Highlands ect), some of southwest (Greenleaf gardens, Buzzard point or half st, Carrolsburg) Washington DC.

From the bottom of the coast...

Richmond, VA

Petersburg, VA

East End Newport News, VA

Areas outside of Myrtle Beach, SC.

Conway, SC

North Charleston, SC

Some of bad s*** in or around Savannah GA.

Jacksonville is the murder and rape capital of Florida.

Martin Luther drive in Miami in Little Haiti, gets pretty bad.

Miami Gardens

Opa-Locka, FL

Ive heard theres some really bad part of West Palm but ive never been there so cant say.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:41 PM

14,008 posts, read 22,008,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichome View Post
I am going to have to say.......

For the top of the coast.....

Havent seen much of New York or anything above really so not to sure.

Camden, NJ

Newark, NJ (havent been there in years, dont know if its changed)

Philly

Baltimore

Some of Prince Georges County Maryland.

Northeast (Trinidad, ect) , Greater Southeast (Anacostia, Barry Farms, Highlands ect), some of southwest (Greenleaf gardens, Buzzard point or half st, Carrolsburg) Washington DC.

From the bottom of the coast...

Richmond, VA

Petersburg, VA

East End Newport News, VA

Areas outside of Myrtle Beach, SC.

Conway, SC

North Charleston, SC

Some of bad s*** in or around Savannah GA.

Jacksonville is the murder and rape capital of Florida.

Martin Luther drive in Miami in Little Haiti, gets pretty bad.

Miami Gardens

Opa-Locka, FL

Ive heard theres some really bad part of West Palm but ive never been there so cant say.

Opa-Locka, Miami Gardens Yes, West Palm Yes, and you should add Riviera Beach which is north West palm. And parts of Broward County like pompano beach.

Last edited by polo89; 05-08-2009 at 10:50 PM..

Old 05-08-2009, 11:27 PM

21 posts, read 93,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Opa-Locka, Miami Gardens Yes, West Palm Yes, and you should add Riviera Beach which is north West palm. And parts of Broward County like pompano beach.
For the southern half of the eastern coastline, I would probably add in some more of Florida, South Carolina, maybe a couple other spots in the Hampton Roads VA, and bits and pieces of North Carolina. I try to go by what I have seen personally or what I have driven through. I don’t know...... South Carolina has this weirdness in the state that just sticks out to me.....Plus I was just reading 11 of the top 25 worst public schools were in SC. I’m glad I didn’t go to school there It makes me wonder who the hell makes decisions for SC, because they are doing a really bad job of it.

Overall anywhere in the USA my pick for overall worst in every category...........Birmingham, Alabama....That place is a giant trash can.

Last edited by trichome; 05-08-2009 at 11:37 PM..

Old 05-09-2009, 12:14 AM

2,257 posts, read 1,727,589 times
Miami, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or