U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best taste in fashion?
Chicago 21 17.36%
Los Angelos 27 22.31%
New York City 86 71.07%
Other-name city and explain 5 4.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:13 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,232,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Okay San Francisco at number 50 though!
I wouldn't assume they'd rank very high. These days SF does tech, not fashion. They're heyday was the 60s when hippy fashion was the thing and SF was the center of that universe.

I know Gap and Levi are headquartered in San Francisco, but I can't think of anything more exciting than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 09:50 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,403,183 times
NYC is the king with upscale fashion. But I'll give my respects to LA in urban dressing. They seem to have the swag of urban dressing and still looking good. A lot of urban dressing in NYC equates to looking ratchet. Also a lot of people in LA who are into upscale shopping or part of the fashion industry tend to visit NYC all the time.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,403,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Compared to.Europeans Lots of Americans have no sense of Street style and.the ones who do.are usually Asian or Black Urban gays. Just walk up.and down the streets on any given day in NY you see lots of non stylish people . I work at Barneys and our buggest clients are Asians. Most profit of.these high end areas comes from Tourist. New York may have all the flagship stores but they dont do as well as the Stores located in Europe.

When I use to visit NY I always thought I had to.come.dress to Kill. Since I have moved here, now I just wear sneakers and jeans. Everyone in NY loves Jordans they are everywhere its like the only sneaker they know.

NY is very grunge

L.A is very clean cut /simplistic.

Chicago.is well..... lol
Jordan's are the most popular shoes in the world. Every body in every state wears them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or