U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Texas 68 40.72%
California 105 62.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:12 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,313,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
More than anything else, it depends on the kind of social culture you want. In California, people are very laid back, you can find plenty of people to have intellectual conversations with, nobody will make you feel like an outsider. Texas is, well, just the opposite.
You have to understand that you are talking about experiences from Victoria. You will find many acceping "intellectuals" in cities like Dallas, Houston, Austin etc. Just like you will find many unaccepting fools in some California cities like Stockton, Fresno, Bakersfield etc. You need to venture out a little more and you would be happy you did

Old 10-12-2008, 07:31 PM

559 posts, read 929,060 times
Wow, this was actually kind of hard, I personally wouldn't like to live in either state, don't have a liking to either state. But thinking about it there is no way I would want to live in Texas.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:56 PM

203 posts, read 436,118 times
anywhere but texas...

bunch of rednecks with country accents lol

Old 10-12-2008, 07:58 PM

120 posts, read 311,475 times
Lay off crack kid, that kind of texas doesn't even exist anymore

Old 10-12-2008, 08:00 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,964,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
anywhere but texas...

rednecks?? country accents???? So what grade did you drop out in??? 6th???

Old 10-12-2008, 08:03 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,313,849 times
Quote:
anywhere but texas...

This post is brought to you by someone who is from the most crime ridden, welfare milking capital of the country. At least you could say you are from NYC and not mention the Bronx. I would never admit I was from there either.

Regarding Texas, don't you think you should take time out from the projects and visit before you pass judgement on a whole state?

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM

12,172 posts, read 11,041,394 times
California, without question, as long as it's not the central valley, any rural areas, or OC. San Francisco preferred.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:58 PM

203 posts, read 436,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickmystir700 View Post
Lay off crack kid, that kind of texas doesn't even exist anymore
you may think so, but only because you are in denial..

and yes you do talk country ish to me at least

Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 PM

142 posts, read 42,471 times
CALIFORNIA 10000000000000000000000000000000%!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I don't even have to say why.... bad question!! OF COURSE CALI!!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,265,576 times
Quote:
you may think so, but only because you are in denial..

and yes you do talk country ish to me at least
I cut you some slack, but not cause we talk odd.
We talk more normal then most people in NYC. So maybe the Nee-ew Joy-see isn't the correct english accent.
The accent does exist, but you've exposed yourself to the fact that you know very little about Texas, which probably means you've never actually visited.
If you came here you would know that in fact that very little people talk like that.
Especially when you go into the cities.
I wouldn't say rednecks either, considering that Texas is one of the four states which is minority Majority... You also realize that half the Texans of this forum arn't even white...and the ones who are white, half of them are California Transplants...
the other 3? Well...NY isn't one of them...
you know, I'm going to paraphrase Glenn Beck, granted it makes me look neo-con...which I sort of am, but he is wayy to con for me...
But he said that NYers think that NYC is the real US, that anything across that lousy river until you reach San Fran is scary red-neck territory...
You know, I actually thought that was a rediculous statement until I've read alot of what some people have posted .
But, you go ahead say that. Ignorance is bliss, you hurt only yourself.
and a few of these Texas are mad, but thats ok...because once they got off the computer, they don't go to bed thinking "I hate this dude because he thinks Texas is full of rednecks"
Knowledge is power, and when I say knowledge I mean more then a book from your 8th grade teacher...when I say power I don't nessessarily mean the ability to say something and have it done because people are afraid of you, I mean influential power...you sir, lack power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City