Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Texas 68 40.72%
California 105 62.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM

20,499 posts, read 33,299,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
I agree. Neither is my cup of tea, even if money were an option. How are those states going to deal with the growing populations? I seriously think the ever-growing populations in those states is going to hit them and they may end up with the overpopulation problems in Florida or worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if those countries were practically Mexico in a decade anyway.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be decades maybe even a couple of centuries for Texas to become overpopulated. Just on a limb, though.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:22 PM

769 posts, read 2,224,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be decades maybe even a couple of centuries for Texas to become overpopulated. Just on a limb, though.
Yeah, maybe I am overreating. Point taken.

I was looking on how cheap it is to live in Texas and I found this:

http://shapleigh.org/system/news_art...2007_Final.pdf

I thought you guys were doing okay. What's the deal, Spade?

Also, I learned texas is the most expensive place to ensure your home. I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you; just asking a question:
The Most Expensive States To Insure Your Home 2005 - Forbes.com

Old 10-13-2008, 07:52 PM

120 posts, read 460,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
you may think so, but only because you are in denial..

and yes you do talk country ish to me at least
I am in denial? I was born in New York City and have lived there most my life. I currently live in downtown Austin, Texas so no I definetly do not talk country. You are a disgrace to New York and everything it stands for. Not to mention the fact that you live in the Bronx and you openly admit it! LMAO

Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,694,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
Yeah, maybe I am overreating. Point taken.

I was looking on how cheap it is to live in Texas and I found this:

http://shapleigh.org/system/news_art...2007_Final.pdf

I thought you guys were doing okay. What's the deal, Spade?

Also, I learned texas is the most expensive place to ensure your home. I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you; just asking a question:
The Most Expensive States To Insure Your Home 2005 - Forbes.com
Wow, Texans need to really reevaluate their state

Old 10-13-2008, 10:13 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,684,919 times
Default Texas vs. California

Wow! This is another one of these very interesting topics. I have always ruled out the possibility of living in Texas, but not anymore! If it came down to these two states and money was no option, I'd choose Texas.

Why you ask? Well for one thing, air quality is still better than CA and that to me is really important. Plus, I'd rather be in a humid climate so that I'd have better skin and sinuses. I hate the dry weather of CA. I have to admit I don't know much about the nightlife in TX, but I can tell you they have some really good sports teams out there, so Texas it is!! And I'm sure TX has to have some nice geographical features.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:05 AM

1,528 posts, read 6,268,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
Quoted from CMDallas

Wow, so Texans are even prejudice against little People?
I don't understand what you are trying to say...
Prejudice in what way?
If someone hear a country accent in the city, they're like "ok..." if you don't have much of an accent in the city or the country people are like "ok..."

what is your point exactly?
that We're prejudice because only a few people talk that way? But people here don't really care how other people talk...unless you're from the Northeast...and have a HARD core Jewish or Italian-American accent. The worst you get is maybe a look from some old dude who hates yankees... most people won't care even then and if they do they might just ask where you're from...

Old 10-14-2008, 03:03 AM

362 posts, read 1,053,322 times
California is for sure the more trend setting state, but, both states have a lot going for them.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 AM

2,739 posts, read 6,078,157 times
Texas has several of the top visited cities in the country. Houston, San Antonio and Dallas. I have always enjoyed visiting California, but would never live there.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:49 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,745,804 times
Considering what's going on in L.A. right now (and happens on some level every year in California), how vulnerable is Texas to wild fire?

Old 10-14-2008, 11:10 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,288,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Considering what's going on in L.A. right now (and happens on some level every year in California), how vulnerable is Texas to wild fire?
I don't know how flammable their boring plains are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City