Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,756 times

Advertisements

Let's assume that there are 4 major regions of the United States: Northeast, Midwest, South and West. You live in one of them. But, let's say that you have to move out of the region you live, but you can choose to live in any city, town, etc. you want....where would you move?

First tell us where you live now. Then tell us where you would move. Also tell us why you would want to move there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 04:46 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
I live in Houston now (South)

I would love to live in New York City (Northeast), Chicago (Midwest), or Seattle (Pacific Northwest)

Old 10-21-2008, 04:47 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,434,862 times
Currently living in Southern California.

Northeast- I would choose Boston. Its cold, but the whole Northeast is and I wouldn't mind the cold for this particular city. Great culture and history too.

Midwest- Most likely Chicago. Best job market in the region and the lake is a plus for being close to water. I like the city of Minneapolis too, but my sister went so crazy from winters there that they up and moved to Hawaii so that kind of scares me out of Minneapolis. My husband is from Indiana so probably would want to go back to South Bend or something.

South- Charlotte. Only been there once, but it seems like a nice and very clean city with an improving downtown and a good job market.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,911 times
West - San Francisco
South - New Orleans
Midwest - Chicago

I would choose Chicago. But San Francisco is a place I'd also love to live in.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,595,919 times
East- Would love to try Manhattan, also Boston or Philly are valid choices.

Midwest- Chicago or Minneapolis

South- New Orleans or perhaps Austin or Houston

Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times
West- Denver or Seattle
Midwest- Madison, WI
Northeast- Boston

Out of all of them.....I choose Boston, it's beautiful.....plus my big brother lives there

Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Currently live in San Diego.

If I had to move this is the order I would choose:

South - Miami, want to experiance something really different from CA and South Florida just seems like another world, both good and bad. I really want to live in a tropical setting with nice beaches and warm humid weather.

North - NYC, would like to experience the fast paced, high energy city living.

Midwest - Chicago, big city with lots to do and really the only midwest city that interests me.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:47 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,259 times
I live in the South now...Charlotte metro.

Of the remaining regions, I would prefer the Northeast over all of them--specifically Boston and New York (if you guys consider Washington, DC, as the NE, then it would override both those cities)...they're all fast-paced and lively and I would consider them utopias for my own reasons

Midwest: Chicago or Minneapolis (I've run into the most genuinely nice people from the Minneapolis area)

West: Phoenix....love hot weather, love saguaro cacti!

And if I had to stay in the South: Atlanta

Old 10-21-2008, 05:49 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
I thought you meant we had to move a city to another region? LOL

If that were the case, Id put the whole of Chicagoland exactly where Eureka, California is today.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:57 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Outside of Texas, Southeast would be Charleston or Tampa, Northeast would be Philadelphia or DC, rust belt/ greatlakes would be Cleveland, Rochester or Pittsburgh, Great Plains would be Omaha, Mountain West would be Boise, Southwest would be Tucson or San Diego and Northwest would be Seattle I guess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City