U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which Mid-Sized Southwest City is better?
Albuquerque 297 50.34%
Tucson 293 49.66%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
 
1,763 posts, read 5,272,266 times
Reputation: 781

Advertisements

Albuq is a pretty decent place to live. I've never lived in Tucson, but I really enjoyed the one time we visited. I think I'd have a bit of trouble with the summer heat, not to mention missing the cooler winter weather Albuq gets. But that's a personal preference.

As far as scenery, Tucson is awesome. The Sonoran Desert rocks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-24-2008, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
5,607 posts, read 20,242,487 times
Reputation: 5311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Albuq is a pretty decent place to live. I've never lived in Tucson, but I really enjoyed the one time we visited. I think I'd have a bit of trouble with the summer heat, not to mention missing the cooler winter weather Albuq gets. But that's a personal preference.

As far as scenery, Tucson is awesome. The Sonoran Desert rocks!!!
Just out of curiosity what brought you from Albuquerque to Maryland? That must have been quite a change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,362 posts, read 7,082,695 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Thats nice you drive your same car or whatever, i think gettin a new car every 10 years is probably what i go for..some Albuquerqueans would agree, lets start off; Albuquerque isnt fake, some people can be..just like in every city, tucson as well! no city is fake-free. People here just tend to go with the flow depending in what part of town you live in, i lived in tucson for a couple months..not everyone is "laidback" thats bull****, especially when you say we are "fake".. and as far as Casual goes, i didnt see so many freakin casual people as i do in Albuquerque, we have way more professional jobs so calm your ass down.




Exactly, i mostly see people in Red Lobo Apparel around town..who needs to go dressing fancy to costco, of freakin Wal-Mart..hell i dont thats forsure, now sundays its different.





Good Reply dude serious, btw; plastic surgeons are exactly not in demand here.. if tucson has one thats fine...we have a list load of **** tucson wish it had..
Bradly, get over yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,362 posts, read 7,082,695 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Albuq is a pretty decent place to live. I've never lived in Tucson, but I really enjoyed the one time we visited. I think I'd have a bit of trouble with the summer heat, not to mention missing the cooler winter weather Albuq gets. But that's a personal preference.

As far as scenery, Tucson is awesome. The Sonoran Desert rocks!!!
Today's forecast:

Albuquerque - High 54 Low 33

Tucson - High 81 Low 48


Thanksgiving forecast:

Albuquerque - High 52 Low 35

Tucson - High 63 Low 46

Last edited by AZLiam; 11-24-2008 at 07:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia,New Jersey, NYC!
6,967 posts, read 17,803,998 times
Reputation: 2617


holy crap that's nice. shouldn't have hastily voted for alb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 PM
 
1,763 posts, read 5,272,266 times
Reputation: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Just out of curiosity what brought you from Albuquerque to Maryland? That must have been quite a change!
Vegas, my wife and I were both from the east coast originally. A few years back my gov't job was outsourced, and the 1st good opening was in Albuq [which was already way high on my "desirable list"]. So we spent about 2 yrs there and transferred "home." Not that we wanted to leave Albuq, there were just some good reasons we needed to come back east. So it was really more like "what brought you from MD to Albuq?" Anyway we loved out time out in NM and would very seriously consider coming back out. I tell my wife almost every day, "Man, I really miss NM."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 08:06 PM
 
1,763 posts, read 5,272,266 times
Reputation: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Today's forecast:

Albuquerque - High 54 Low 33

Tucson - High 81 Low 48


Thanksgiving forecast:

Albuquerque - High 52 Low 35

Tucson - High 63 Low 46
Heh heh, AZLiam I would kill for that wx right now. I went out to pick up an eggplant parmesan sub about 1 hr ago and it was low 40's and raining. Yuck. Last night driving home from work, it hit 19F on the way. I swear the car only warmed up the last 5 min of the 40 min drive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,362 posts, read 7,082,695 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
Heh heh, AZLiam I would kill for that wx right now. I went out to pick up an eggplant parmesan sub about 1 hr ago and it was low 40's and raining. Yuck. Last night driving home from work, it hit 19F on the way. I swear the car only warmed up the last 5 min of the 40 min drive...
I'm just happy we'll be getting some cooler weather. I love the fall and winter in the Southwest (especially in Sedona).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 68,099,620 times
Reputation: 10068
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

holy crap that's nice. shouldn't have hastily voted for alb
Hell, I could show you a nice sunset over Compton, CA, would that be enough to swing your vote? Trust me, once you get down off that hill and into the heart of Tucson, youll see what really lies there.... a whole slew of run-down homes, tons of grafitti, not many jobs, a dud of a downtown, etc, etc. Newer parts of Tucson are decent, but too like everything else in AZ, nothing at all extraordinary. Some people like that, some people dont.

ABQ has more soul, neater neighborhoods, just as nice scenery (if not better), better surrounding and nearby towns, more character. Tucson, to me, reminds me of a bigger version of Mesa, AZ... An old core with lots of shady areas, new areas that could be Anytown, AZ, etc. Tucson does have nice natural scenery and isnt too terribly far from Tombstone, which was pretty cool, but.... nah. Just not for me. Id choose ABQ in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,362 posts, read 7,082,695 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Hell, I could show you a nice sunset over Compton, CA, would that be enough to swing your vote? Trust me, once you get down off that hill and into the heart of Tucson, youll see what really lies there.... a whole slew of run-down homes, tons of grafitti, not many jobs, a dud of a downtown, etc, etc. Newer parts of Tucson are decent, but too like everything else in AZ, nothing at all extraordinary. Some people like that, some people dont.

ABQ has more soul, neater neighborhoods, just as nice scenery (if not better), better surrounding and nearby towns, more character. Tucson, to me, reminds me of a bigger version of Mesa, AZ... An old core with lots of shady areas, new areas that could be Anytown, AZ, etc. Tucson does have nice natural scenery and isnt too terribly far from Tombstone, which was pretty cool, but.... nah. Just not for me. Id choose ABQ in a heartbeat.
Steve-O,

You used to be awkwardly charming, and we know your stand on Tucson. Now you're just being an annoying troll...

The more you open your pie hole, the more I'm convinced you know nothing about Tucson, nor Compton sunsets for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top