U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mid-Sized Southwest City is better?
Albuquerque 297 50.34%
Tucson 293 49.66%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:26 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,789,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Bradly, get over yourself.
No you get over yourself, you cant face it, honestly that people would choose Albuquerque over Tucson..Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

holy crap that's nice. shouldn't have hastily voted for alb
Wow, that reminds me of a well done photoshoped picture of Tucson..

Old 11-24-2008, 09:49 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,057,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
No you get over yourself, you cant face it, honestly that people would choose Albuquerque over Tucson..Enough said.
I could give a rat's a$$ about that. It's the constant boasting that gets to be annoying and comes across as childish, along with the generalizations you like to throw around:

"and as far as Casual goes, i didnt see so many freakin casual people as i do in Albuquerque, we have way more professional jobs so calm your ass down."

"if tucson has one thats fine...we have a list load of **** tucson wish it had.."

How do you know what Tucson wants or has? How do you know what I can or cannot face?

I agree though; you have said enough.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I could give a rat's a$$ about that. It's the constant boasting that gets to be annoying and comes across as childish, along with the generalizations you like to throw around:

"and as far as Casual goes, i didnt see so many freakin casual people as i do in Albuquerque, we have way more professional jobs so calm your ass down."

"if tucson has one thats fine...we have a list load of **** tucson wish it had.."

How do you know what Tucson wants or has? How do you know what I can or cannot face?

I agree though; you have said enough.
Becuase i was in Tucson for about 3-4 months..uhhh duh?!
Plus we have a National Laboratory.. yea lets start talking Professional.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Becuase i was in Tucson for about 3-4 months..uhhh duh?!
Plus we have a National Laboratory.. yea lets start talking Professional.
Alrighty then...

Old 11-25-2008, 03:46 PM

570 posts, read 1,778,831 times
AZLiam & Bradly

I think you're both kinda childish. And wrong.
I'm not going to vote for either just to **** off both of you.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
AZLiam & Bradly

I think you're both kinda childish. And wrong.
I'm not going to vote for either just to **** off both of you.
I really didn't think this was any of your concern, but I won't lose any sleep if you don't vote. Judging by a few of your other posts, I'm not sure you're a huge fan of the Southwest anyways.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,976,638 times
Quote:
Steve-O,

You used to be awkwardly charming, and we know your stand on Tucson. Now you're just being an annoying troll...

The more you open your pie hole, the more I'm convinced you know nothing about Tucson, nor Compton sunsets for that matter.
The more you open your pie hole and accuse me of things when you know absolutely nothing about me, the more idiotic you look.

And yes, Ive been to Tucson several times, Im well aware of what the city looks like. If you dont like my OPINION, thats tough. And if you know my stance regarding Tucson, why did that particular post bother you? I have a feeling that youre just pissed at people stating they dislike Tucson and I pushed you over the edge. Anyways, get used to it, there's far more people who dislike Tucson than those that like it. I even have family in the Valley who avoid Tucson like its a grenade thats missing its pin. And Im not a troll, this is a public forum and my reply was directly related to the topic, therefore thats not trolling.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
The more you open your pie hole and accuse me of things when you know absolutely nothing about me, the more idiotic you look.

And yes, Ive been to Tucson several times, Im well aware of what the city looks like. If you dont like my OPINION, thats tough. And if you know my stance regarding Tucson, why did that particular post bother you? I have a feeling that youre just pissed at people stating they dislike Tucson and I pushed you over the edge. Anyways, get used to it, there's far more people who dislike Tucson than those that like it. I even have family in the Valley who avoid Tucson like its a grenade thats missing its pin. And Im not a troll, this is a public forum and my reply was directly related to the topic, therefore thats not trolling.
I haven't accused you of anything. I like you. I am just not fond of your elitist attitude toward some cities. There is a difference between dislike and disdain. You do not need to resell the idea that you are not fond of Tucson. You've overstated it. Let people make up there own minds.

I could care less about your opinions and more about your hasty generalizations about cities, including Tucson. I am a citizen of Tucson, and a member of the community, so when you throw out nasty remarks, it does pinch, but when you say you've been to Tucson several times, and toss around statements as if you feel you know the city better than the citizens who live here, and overgeneralize your statements about Tucson, it makes you look bad. Even though Chicago is my hometown, I would not claim to know the city any better than you because it's been years since I've lived there, things change, and there are a lot of things that you can miss on a daily basis if you're not around to witness them.

FYI - Many people I've spoken to, who live in the valley, have told me that they have never even been to Tucson. I've met many people from Chicago who love Tucson. I also know many people in Tucson who are happy that Tucson is not like Phoenix, nor Chicago in many ways (for better or for worse). Again, in regards to liking/disliking a city, you do not need to throw out statements as if you are speaking for the masses. I doubt that you've actually polled the world to see whether more people like/dislike Tucson.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:31 AM

2,441 posts, read 5,936,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Hell, I could show you a nice sunset over Compton, CA, would that be enough to swing your vote? Trust me, once you get down off that hill and into the heart of Tucson, youll see what really lies there.... a whole slew of run-down homes, tons of grafitti, not many jobs, a dud of a downtown, etc, etc. Newer parts of Tucson are decent, but too like everything else in AZ, nothing at all extraordinary. Some people like that, some people dont.

ABQ has more soul, neater neighborhoods, just as nice scenery (if not better), better surrounding and nearby towns, more character. Tucson, to me, reminds me of a bigger version of Mesa, AZ... An old core with lots of shady areas, new areas that could be Anytown, AZ, etc. Tucson does have nice natural scenery and isnt too terribly far from Tombstone, which was pretty cool, but.... nah. Just not for me. Id choose ABQ in a heartbeat.
You clearly haven't been to Tucson before. We all know that you feel Arizona's sunsets aren't anything special from another thread. No one agrees with you. Sorry. Delusion has clearly over your thought process if you think a sunset in Tucson is the same as a sunset in Compton.

Contrary to your thinking, the vast majority of the Tucson basin is not full of run-down homes or tons of grafitti. There are plenty of very nice neighborhoods scattered throughout the city. Are there run down areas? Yes. Every city has run down areas. You come from the city that was home to THE most decrepit housing projects in the country, and is home to the west side and south side, parts of which make inner-city Detroit look nice, and you point the finger at Tucson for having run-down housing.

Tucson has shady areas, just as any city with 500,000 people would have. Do you think Albuquerque is free of shady people? Absolutely not. If you have been to both Tucson and Albuquerque like you claim, what encounters have you had with these "shady people" to convince you that Tucson is so much worse?

You clearly are sitting in front of your computer with your blue troll wig on. Take it off and get a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City