U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mid-Sized Southwest City is better?
Albuquerque 297 50.34%
Tucson 293 49.66%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:52 AM

42,837 posts, read 77,102,498 times

Advertisements

I only live in Tucson. I wasnít born or raised here and unlike the Albuquerque defendants above, I donít have much of an emotional attachment to the city and Iím not being biased. Given a choice, I wouldnít live in either place. Iím just comparing them in an objective way. Youíre not going to hear me saying ďmy sprawl is better than yoursĒÖ In short, both places are not particularly appealing as far as man-made stuff goes. Whatís left to compare is nature. Tucson has one-of-a-kind and way better-looking scenery (the mountains as a backdrop). Catalina Highway is breathtaking and the most unique road in the country, if not in the world. Thereís no other place where you can see saguaros, all other vegetation, and evergreens in the span of 30-40 minutes. Albuquerque is landlocked, while Tucson is much closer to beaches. Itís warmer here and people prefer it and keep flocking to live or visit, whether you like that or not. The desert may not be to everybodyís taste, but itís certainly worth visiting at least once. Iíve never heard anybody saying: boy, I should visit Albuquerque! Thatís about it.

As far as the votes, they mean nothing at all. Just like men vote on polls intended for women and vice versa, there is no way of knowing if any of voters have even been to either place or vote because they happen to have family or friends somewhere or just because theyíve nothing better to do. People are stupid this way. Iíd have the same opinion about it regardless of the outcome.

In any event, all discussions of this nature are plain dumb because everybodyís entitled to his/her preference and itís not a surprise mostly men participate in them Ė they loooove comparing whose ďwhateverĒ is biggerÖ That being said, I donít plan to waste any more time here. Carry on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 11:53 AM

3,436 posts, read 5,785,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What’s left to compare is nature. Tucson has one-of-a-kind and way better-looking scenery (the mountains as a backdrop). Catalina Highway is breathtaking and the most unique road in the country, if not in the world. There’s no other place where you can see saguaros, all other vegetation, and evergreens in the span of 30-40 minutes. Albuquerque is landlocked, while Tucson is much closer to beaches. It’s warmer here and people prefer it and keep flocking to live or visit, whether you like that or not. The desert may not be to everybody’s taste, but it’s certainly worth visiting at least once. I’ve never heard anybody saying: boy, I should visit Albuquerque! That’s about it.
And Albuquerque is not so breath taking?.. I'm sorry but the thing that kept Albuquerque alive and it still does today to those who travel is Route 66. Thats what made our city boom in the 1960s It also made us into a city of Neon lights. We have our own cactus and vegetation and yea we are in the desert too.. and most of the time you cant tell. Albuquerque isnt really landlocked.. We have thousands and thousands of acres to grow out.. Owned by SunCal they alone own most of the undeveloped west side. Same thing with the Mesa out on the east side. Plus our Neighbor Rio Rancho they almost have the millions with them, they could pass Albuquerque with all the land they have. I'd rather have Albuquerque's heat but thats me. There are a list load of things to do.. you just have to be possitive and not judge becuase of how great our freeway system is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

As far as the votes, they mean nothing at all. Just like men vote on polls intended for women and vice versa, there is no way of knowing if any of voters have even been to either place or vote because they happen to have family or friends somewhere or just because they’ve nothing better to do. People are stupid this way. I’d have the same opinion about it regardless of the outcome.

In any event, all discussions of this nature are plain dumb because everybody’s entitled to his/her preference and it’s not a surprise mostly men participate in them – they loooove comparing whose “whatever” is bigger… That being said, I don’t plan to waste any more time here. Carry on!
Well I'm sorry but on this forum that was the outcome. If you ask me i'd still say in a "real-life" poll Albuquerque would still win, It has the advantage for many reasons.. we may not have the better university but our city culture is unbelieveable.

I never said anything was bigger other than our downtown area,..

Other Albuquerque Photos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
and if they want to come to New Mexico when their water runs out or they get tired of the heat I hope they backtrack and head off to California cause they all wanna be like Californians anyways, at least New Mexico dont wanna be like anyone else but itself.
Exactly, that was my dream when I was little, to move to California.. when I found out how rude the people were and just looking at it thre my perspective, I lost interest. I dont ever see me moving to california for good. I have a house in Mission Viejo its a nice area I just could NEVER stay there regardless of how nice it is.

And yes, water conservation is the key here. We will have water for centuries to come. Exactly all of them wanna be fashionable and act like they are rich and be conceited (we all know its true). Not me I'm from New Mexico and I treat everyone the same regardless were they are from. New Mexico doesnt wanna boom maybe Rio rancho but thats good for them.

Last edited by bradly; 07-30-2009 at 12:17 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,039,982 times
I imagine if I had to live somewhere in the desert, then it would be ABQ over Tucson.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 PM

541 posts, read 1,248,724 times
Tucson.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:40 PM

25 posts, read 36,257 times
Oh i didn't even notice we reached 100 yet

Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,588 times
Abq

Old 08-01-2009, 06:53 PM

8 posts, read 25,869 times
Your full of crap!!! Tucson kicks ass on the puke city in everyway! Bigger population better mountains, better university! We have more people at the uofa than half of the puke city!

Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM

159 posts, read 436,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispycritter2 View Post
Your full of crap!!! Tucson kicks ass on the puke city in everyway! Bigger population better mountains, better university! We have more people at the uofa than half of the puke city!

Puke City? Can't we have a nice discussion without some people acting like little kids?

Old 08-01-2009, 07:05 PM

8 posts, read 25,869 times
http://www.lightningsmiths.com/lighting_gallery_01/lightning_panorama_tucson.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-01-2009, 07:07 PM

159 posts, read 436,307 times
Nice pics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City