U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mid-Sized Southwest City is better?
Albuquerque 297 50.25%
Tucson 294 49.75%
Voters: 591. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:56 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,982,819 times

Advertisements

Albuquerque or Tucson?
Both located in the southwest, and fast growing mid-sized cities.. both are 520,000 rage.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 PM

6,865 posts, read 12,807,288 times
I picked Tucson

Old 11-13-2008, 05:11 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,120,370 times
Tucson

Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,540,797 times
Albuquerque for me because of the fantastic weather.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM

7,731 posts, read 12,190,234 times
Tucson.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,454,505 times
Albuquerque for me, I hate Arizona.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:49 PM

5,645 posts, read 7,446,834 times
Tucson - definitely for its sunsets and surroundings.

http://www.phyllis4you.com/assets/image/Tucson%20snow.jpg (broken link)

http://www.pima.edu/temp/hrslideshow/tucson_01.jpg (broken link)

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,400,887 times
Those are nice pics and all, but only show the ultra-glamourous side of Tucson. Most of the city is about as desireable as a football player's jock strap after a game. Albuquerque has everything Tucson has, but with a better climate and just as nice scenery (if not better), and the bonus is that its nearby Santa Fe and not too terribly far from Taos. Sorry, but ABQ beats Tucson here by a long shot in almost every category.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 PM

5,645 posts, read 7,446,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Those are nice pics and all, but only show the ultra-glamourous side of Tucson. Most of the city is about as desireable as a football player's jock strap after a game. Albuquerque has everything Tucson has, but with a better climate and just as nice scenery (if not better), and the bonus is that its nearby Santa Fe and not too terribly far from Taos. Sorry, but ABQ beats Tucson here by a long shot in almost every category.
Steve-O -

You're not to be taken seriously here anyways. You have a hate-on for Arizona as big as the Grand Canyon. These pictures aren't make believe, but I'm starting to think that you are . Albuquerque is a great city as well, but even though the two cities share common traits, Albuquerque does not have everything that Tucson has, and vice versa. Just as Chicago does not have everything that New York has...

There are desirable AND undesirable parts to both cities. In addition, Albuquerque's altitude and temperature zone difference alone makes for a more moderate summer and nice seasons; however, it still will occasionally snow in Tucson in the winter as well. Albuquerque is a higher desert, and Tucson is a lower desert (yet still higher than Phoenix), and it usually averages 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix.

Tucson is not the premier city in Arizona, Phoenix is, yet, Tucson is larger than Albuquerque. Albuquerque is the "It" city in NM, and doesn't live in the shadow of a larger city. They both share the same issues: water supply, immigration, sprawl, crime. Tucson isn't as close to places like Sedona or Flagstaff (like Sante Fe for Albuquerque), but it does have a closer access to the beach. In Tucson's defense, I would say that the desert surroundings and mountains are arguably prettier than in Albuquerque, but there are also very few places that can compare to Tucson when it comes to sunsets and lightning shows (usually during the Monsoon Season).

Last edited by AZLiam; 11-13-2008 at 10:16 PM..

Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,400,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Steve-O -

You're not to be taken seriously here anyways. You have a hate-on for Arizona as big as the Grand Canyon. These pictures aren't make believe, but I'm starting to think that you are . Albuquerque is a great city as well, but it does not have everything that Tucson has, and vice versa. Just as Chicago does not have everything that New York has...
So my opinion shouldnt be taken seriously? Then neither should yours, you biased bast... nevermind. Listen chump, I DO happen to LOVE parts of AZ, just not your beloved ****e Phoenix. Have you completely ignored the fact that Ive stated MANY TIMES that I love N. Scottsdale, Carefree, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, PV, etc. Excuuuuuse me for not liking PHX, big friggin whoop! Tucson? Ive been there, and its MY OPINION that its hardly a great place whatsoever. Quit jumping on me for posting my opinion. Capeesh? Oh, and can I ask what Tucson offers that ABQ doesnt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City