Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,254 times

Advertisements

foreal tho miami the most gang city n the us..its drugs gangs gun,in people who dont care bout nothing chacago not on miami level..north maimi,carol city,liberty city,over town,the groove,perrine,goulds,naaranja,florida city is worse.then ever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,631,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutta View Post
foreal tho miami the most gang city n the us..its drugs gangs gun,in people who dont care bout nothing chacago not on miami level..north maimi,carol city,liberty city,over town,the groove,perrine,goulds,naaranja,florida city is worse.then ever
Well I hate to break it to you, but Chicago is far worse than Miami. Miami is not even the most dangerous city in the US. Detroit, St Louis, New Orleans, Chicago, Baltimore, Cleveland, Youngstown, Compton, Washington DC, Camden, need I go on? And Chicago and LA have the largest gang problems, it's a known fact, so your opinion means nothing.

YouTube - 41 People shot in 50 Hours in Obama's Chicago

YouTube - SHOCKING VIDEO ! GANGS SHOOTING IN CHICAGO

Old 04-15-2010, 01:14 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
New Orleans hands down. The crime capital of the country right there.

Philly & Detroit also come to mind. Maybe even Oakland too.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
New Orleans hands down. The crime capital of the country right there.

Philly & Detroit are up there too.
But New Orleans isnt a huge gang city. Huge crime city, yes. Huge gang city, no.

I think (as of 2010) Chicago is the gang capital of the US.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 8,854 times
Chicago, L.A., Philly, Detroit, D.C.

Yes, Chicago has the worst youth violence problem in the country even if it is more on the west and south sides of the city.

New Orleans is NOT the crime capital of America.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
But New Orleans isnt a huge gang city. Huge crime city, yes. Huge gang city, no.

I think (as of 2010) Chicago is the gang capital of the US.
I was just in Chicago last month & didn't see any gang related activity going on. In 2010 its more about organized crime. Interesting how things come full circle isn't it?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,809 times
I wonder if there is still the Gaylords gang. you know they got them in Atlanta. Atlanta has the most downlow men? I got four letters for you. A.I.D.S.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I was just in Chicago last month & didn't see any gang related activity going on. In 2010 its more about organized crime. Interesting how things come full circle isn't it?
Im not sure you can really go to a place and just tell by looking at it. Were you spending your time in Humboldt Park, Pilsen, or Bronzeville? I sure hope not. In the years I lived in Chicago, I only went to Pilsen if I wanted good Mexican food. I never further south than Chinatown (Cermak stop on the L). Though I did bowl in a league near Midway Airport.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Im not sure you can really go to a place and just tell by looking at it. Were you spending your time in Humboldt Park, Pilsen, or Bronzeville? I sure hope not. In the years I lived in Chicago, I only went to Pilsen if I wanted good Mexican food. I never further south than Chinatown (Cermak stop on the L). Though I did bowl in a league near Midway Airport.
No, but I did go to Crobar, which is in a not so lovely area of town. My GF lost her purse there on a Saturday night, then we went to retrieve it on a Sunday night after the bouncer who had found it called my number from her phone (bad mistake) ghetto night to the max. As expected, $100 cash was gone, bouncer bounced.

I've seen just as bad or worse in Dallas & Houston, but that night I felt unsafe simply because I was in an unfamiliar place. Cops were swarming the place & ghettoness was everywhere you turned. Even the cops were rude to us & we didn't go anything wrong just came back to get a lost purse & split.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
No, but I did go to Crobar, which is in a not so lovely area of town. My GF lost her purse there on a Saturday night, then we went to retrieve it on a Sunday night after the bouncer who had found it called my number from her phone (bad mistake) ghetto night to the max. As expected, $100 cash was gone, bouncer bounced.

I've seen just as bad or worse in Dallas & Houston, but that night I felt unsafe simply because I was in an unfamiliar place. Cops were swarming the place & ghettoness was everywhere you turned. Even the cops were rude to us & we didn't go anything wrong just came back to get a lost purse & split.
The Crobar is close to North and Clybourn. That is definately not a ghetto area. Its close to Wicker Park and Lincoln Park which are really cool neighborhoods. Its probably just because you were unfamiliar with the area. If you think that is bad, God help you if you end up stuck on the Southside or in Humboldt Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City