U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City do you think is better??
Houston 53 65.43%
Phoenix 28 34.57%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,282,094 times

Advertisements

Is this thread a joke? Phoenix is WAY better than Houston. If it came down to picking between those two, I'd go to Phoenix ANY day.

First, Phoenix has ZERO tornadoes and ice storms. The climate is easily better than in Houston.

It is also closer to where I am which means visiting there would cost less $$.

I've never actually visited either place but I'd rather go to Phoenix first.

That's my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM

18,253 posts, read 25,967,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Is this thread a joke? Phoenix is WAY better than Houston. If it came down to picking between those two, I'd go to Phoenix ANY day.

First, Phoenix has ZERO tornadoes and ice storms. The climate is easily better than in Houston.

That's my 2 cents.
Just something quick for you to know. Houston also has little to no tornadoes and ice storms.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,634 times
I hate to be a hater, but Houston sucks. It is nothing but enormous sprawl and nothing to do. Sure it's bigger and more "world class" (whatever that means) than Phoenix, but Phoenix is far better. Houston is the fattest city in America, has hurricanes, humid, and trys too hard to be like Chicago or whatever. It's not and will never be. Nobody likes Houston, Phoenix at least is something different rather than the gross, sprawling southern city. Phoenix, hands down. It has awesome weather, stuff to do (indoors and outdoors), better people, and a better location (Gulf coast sucks)

Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,760,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob View Post
I hate to be a hater, but Houston sucks. It is nothing but enormous sprawl and nothing to do. Sure it's bigger and more "world class" (whatever that means) than Phoenix, but Phoenix is far better. Houston is the fattest city in America, has hurricanes, humid, and trys too hard to be like Chicago or whatever. It's not and will never be. Nobody likes Houston, Phoenix at least is something different rather than the gross, sprawling southern city. Phoenix, hands down. It has awesome weather, stuff to do (indoors and outdoors), better people, and a better location (Gulf coast sucks)
According to the poll, the people like Houston by a 2 to 1 margin. Sorry to burst your bubble

Old 01-30-2009, 07:00 AM

366 posts, read 1,284,193 times
Quote:
I hate to be a hater, but Houston sucks. It is nothing but enormous sprawl and nothing to do. Sure it's bigger and more "world class" (whatever that means) than Phoenix, but Phoenix is far better. Houston is the fattest city in America, has hurricanes,humid, and trys too hard to be like Chicago or whatever. It's not and will never be. Nobody likes Houston, Phoenix at least is something different rather than the gross, sprawling southern city. Phoenix, hands down. It has awesome weather, stuff to do (indoors and outdoors), better people, and a better location (Gulf coast sucks)

I bet you never been to Houston. You can do more stuff in Houston than in Phoenix. Were not the fattest city in america (Miami is now) and the last hurricane to hit the Houston area (before Ike) was Alicia in 1983. Anyway the polls tell which city won.and obviously its Houston.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:19 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post

That's my 2 cents.
That says it all.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 AM

2,271 posts, read 4,417,379 times
If Houston wants to break into the advertising and PR scene it's new motto should be: "Houston... it's better than Phoenix."

Old 01-30-2009, 09:08 AM

823 posts, read 2,475,701 times
Smile Its pretty much 2 to 1 Houston is the winner

I hope to keep this as as unbiased as possible. I really honestly just want to see how people feel about these two places. There have been many heated comparisons especially in the Phoenix forum. I just wanted to see what people from other places thought.

I am satisfied now that Houston is definitely a better place than Phoenix.
I think it is conclusive now. In the future when the folks in Phoenix say that Houston is a hell hole and its weather is unbearable etc. we will now have conclusive proof that the concensus is that Houston is much better than Phoenix 2 to 1.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 AM

5,429 posts, read 12,883,362 times
Quote:
1. Phoenix has just as much "sprawl"
2. Anyone who thinks Houston has nothing to do is living under a rock
3. Houston is not the fattest city, supposedly Miami is (with NYC up there too) - list is stupid and not scientific
4. Nobody likes Houston = stupid comment with zero truth
5. Nice first post. Are you in grade school?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:19 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,069,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
I hope to keep this as as unbiased as possible. I really honestly just want to see how people feel about these two places. There have been many heated comparisons especially in the Phoenix forum. I just wanted to see what people from other places thought.

I am satisfied now that Houston is definitely a better place than Phoenix.
I think it is conclusive now. In the future when the folks in Phoenix say that Houston is a hell hole and its weather is unbearable etc. we will now have conclusive proof that the concensus is that Houston is much better than Phoenix 2 to 1.

You're not being very unbiased, but I will say that it is quite immature of you to find it satisfying that one place is definitely (in your opinion) better than another. These cities are all made up of their histories and people. That is ultimately what makes a city, and Houston people are no better than Phoenix people. BTW, I see way too many posts made by people from Texas who hammer and hammer how much better their cities are than others, and also throw around a lot of nasty comments about other cities to help boost their cities up (you are not immune). If you happen to see posters biting back, perhaps it is because they have their own city pride that you find irrelevant. Texas may seem like the center of the US, but it is not the center of the universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or