U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-18-2008, 07:43 AM

3,696 posts, read 6,072,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Casden, you're absolutely right on this point. I moved to Abq 5 years ago from Palo Alto, CA. It is sometimes referred to as Shallow Alto..

I put away my Stanford sweatshirts after noticing that nobody --except Lobo fans-- wears college attire here.
Well, everyone except that dorky uncle we all have that travels around to schools he's never gone to, collecting sweaters. Oh, just my dorky uncle?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:37 PM

358 posts, read 659,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Casden, you're absolutely right on this point. I moved to Abq 5 years ago from Palo Alto, CA. It is sometimes referred to as Shallow Alto..

I put away my Stanford sweatshirts after noticing that nobody --except Lobo fans-- wears college attire here.

nmguy - I really miss the fact that most people in Albuquerque tended to take me at face value - they didn't seem to care how much money I made, or how much education I had - we related on other levels.

I was college student and worked after college there, and wasn't getting paid very much, but I met some of the most extraordinary people from all walks of life, with various economic situations (that I knew of), and they were always nice and receptive to establishing some kind of friendship.

I lived in California (Bay Area - Walnut Creek and San Francisco) for a while and it seemed friendly but not in the same way it was in Albuquerque - and I was more established professionally and had more economic stability in the Bay Area.

Now, I live in Chicago and I have a great job. I really like it here in Chicago, because the people here are friendly in a very similar way that they are in Albuquerque.

At this point in my life I can honestly say that Chicago and Albuquerque will be where I feel most at home. I'm planning on moving back to Albuquerque within the next 5 to 10 years, but I'll try and keep a small place in Chicago too. I'm really torn between the two cities that I love most, so hopefully soon my time will be shared between the two.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City