U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Beverly Hills of the South
Coral Gables, Florida 51 10.52%
Buckhead (Atlanta, Georgia) 148 30.52%
Highland Village (Dallas, Texas) 58 11.96%
SouthPark (Charlotte, North Carolina) 12 2.47%
South Beach (Miami, Florida) 77 15.88%
Uptown Houston (Houston, Texas) 43 8.87%
Palm Beach, Florida 134 27.63%
Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) 33 6.80%
Doctor Phillips (Orlando, Florida) 11 2.27%
Galleria area (Dallas, Texas) 20 4.12%
French Quarters (New Orleans, Louisiana) 14 2.89%
Other 32 6.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 485. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:02 PM
 
4,229 posts, read 4,114,436 times
Reputation: 3185

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Omg! Chiatidal, you act like you are the only one who knows anything! Lol!! I know Buckhead is in Atlanta and is more than its cbd, and Tyson's is a DC suburb. I worked in Tyson's Corner for years. Tysons also has beautiful condos, apts and homes around it. So does Bellevue Washington and I worked there for years too. Who cares whether they're edge cities, big cities, towns or suburbs. These areas can certainly be compared imo. The Beverly Hills of the south imo is Palm Beach. So relax. Its just an opinion. Jeez!!!
Wait a second Buckhead is not like Beverly Hills because Beverly Hills is suburb and theirís a size difference but itís like Tyson corner even through Tyson corner is suburb and theirís size difference. I love that logic ) Again while Buckhead would have one small area like Tyson corner Buckhead has several small Beverly Hills over. 10% of Buckhead would be like Tyson corner, 90% of Buckhead would be like Beverly Hills. Just saying.

And for the second time "failĒ Iím relax and then I said myself Palm Beach is closer to Beverly Hills, because Buckhead is a lot larger and itís part of the main city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Awesome. And whose fault is it that people associate Buckhead with its skyline rather than the large mansions off the main drag?

Posters who don't read, or pick and read what they want out of a post.

 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
5,256 posts, read 12,558,881 times
Reputation: 5091
There you go again!! 4.9, edge city, suburb....whatever dude! Logic? I wouldn't care if one was in the Mohave Desert and the other in the middle of Mexico City! Now I'm starting to wonder if you've even been around the Tyson's Corner area, Bellevue or Houston. But it doesn't matter.
 
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM
 
4,229 posts, read 4,114,436 times
Reputation: 3185
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
There you go again!! 4.9, edge city, suburb....whatever dude! Logic? I wouldn't care if one was in the Mohave Desert and the other in the middle of Mexico City! Now I'm starting to wonder if you've even been around the Tyson's Corner area, Bellevue or Houston. But it doesn't matter.
I starting to wonder did you even read my post? Meaning the reason posters saying Buckhead is like Tyson corner makes Buckhead even more like Beverly Hills, Now I would understand your point if Buckhead is more of a CBD with a few affluent areas around but it's the opposite, Buckhead is generally a affluent areas with a CBD in the middle.

Again I would say 10% of Buckhead would be like Tyson corner, 90% of Buckhead would be like Beverly Hills.
 
Old 03-13-2011, 08:59 PM
 
Location: America
5,098 posts, read 7,343,396 times
Reputation: 1919
Edit: I actually think it's a tie between the Park Cities and Palm Beach.
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:02 PM
 
1,120 posts, read 2,223,515 times
Reputation: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post

While Beverly Hills has a population density of near 6,000 ppsm, most people think of the huge mansions on the hillsides rather than the more dense development down below.



Parts of Beverly Hills are as flat as a pancake.

I haven't spent a lot of time in Beverly Hills, but most of the parts I've seen are flat. I've entered Beverly Hills driving on Sunset Blvd. I have driven on a few streets that were hilly.

Years ago, I attended church services in Beverly Hills. And the topography was completely flat.
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM
 
6,385 posts, read 10,362,926 times
Reputation: 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Posters who don't read, or pick and read what they want out of a post.
I was going to go with all of the Atlantans who post skyline pictures that feature "Buckhead."

Seriously, though, 90% of the images on forums like these are of Buckhead's skyline, not its mansions. Just sayin'....that's the image that is being imprinted on most outsider's minds.
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 PM
 
Location: The City
21,945 posts, read 30,797,404 times
Reputation: 7488
Some areas around Miami feel way more like BH than does Buckhead. Buckhead is very nice but to me compares more to a higher end area in most large metros than would it conjur images of BH; honestly for the most part to me that is a good thing.

Last edited by kidphilly; 03-13-2011 at 09:19 PM..
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
 
1,120 posts, read 2,223,515 times
Reputation: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post

Like I said before Houston and Dallas are the two wealthiest cities in the South hands down, Sorry Atlanta but it is what it is. The polls are flooded with Atlantans. Wealthy people do not have to flaunt it.


I'm from Atlanta and I think there's probably more wealth in Texas.

In regard to flaunting the wealth, Texans seem to be pros at that. Lavish parties seem to abound.
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 PM
 
6,385 posts, read 10,362,926 times
Reputation: 6528
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Some areas around Miami feel way more like BH than does Buckhead. Buckhead is very nice but to me compares more to a higher end area in most large metros than would it conjur images of BH; honestly for the most to me that is a good thing.
That's how I see it. It's the "nice" or "rich side of town"...not its own little exclusive enclave of wealth. Not trying to say Buckhead is "average"...it's not. I think there's a distinct difference between the Buckheads and the Beverly Hills....and that difference is size/scale.
 
Old 03-13-2011, 09:28 PM
 
1,120 posts, read 2,223,515 times
Reputation: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post

I was going to go with all of the Atlantans who post skyline pictures that feature "Buckhead."

Seriously, though, 90% of the images on forums like these are of Buckhead's skyline, not its mansions. Just sayin'....that's the image that is being imprinted on most outsider's minds.



That's because each individual compound is usually 1000 wooded acres consisting of 10 to 20 castles for international celebrities and royalty. It's very, very hard to get pictures when the castles are miles from the ornate, solid gold gates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top