U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
 
871 posts, read 1,902,664 times
Reputation: 596

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I don't know. If your theory is right then when I walk on an equally crowded street in say Columbus, Ohio and Atlanta I should see exactly 2.4 times as many beautiful black women in Atlanta as in Columbus. (the population ratio) But I've lived in both cities for years and I know that's not the case. I will see many more than that in Atlanta easily.

Don't get me wrong I've seen some gorgeous women in Columbus too. But Atlanta is ridiculous.
YouTube - Allen Iverson Mansion Pool Party Birthday Bash
but once again, living in columbus you would have been lucky to know 2 percent of the population (and that would be extremeley generous). its really who you just happened to meet up with. really it just doesnt work like that. the vast majority of atlanta's black women are NOT models, despite the fact that the city has more of that than columbus. good looks is pretty much random, especially when you are specifically talking about people of sub-saharan african descent. ugly people can have pretty babies, and vice versa. when we start talking about millions, it really all just starts to average out. that being said, there are patterns of average weight and how well people can afford to take care of themselves that can affect how attractive they are, but ive yet to hear that listed as a reason.

but this whole theory about certain cities just having better looking women doesnt make sense, when you think logically, as theres no real reason how that could be possible. personal experience is useless, because youve barely met 1/100th of the population. and of course the women are going to be good looking at an allen iverson birthday party, he wouldnt let them in if they were ugly.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2010, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,790,408 times
Reputation: 7243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
but once again, living in columbus you would have been lucky to know 2 percent of the population (and that would be extremeley generous). its really who you just happened to meet up with. really it just doesnt work like that. the vast majority of atlanta's black women are NOT models, despite the fact that the city has more of that than columbus. good looks is pretty much random, especially when you are specifically talking about people of sub-saharan african descent. ugly people can have pretty babies, and vice versa. when we start talking about millions, it really all just starts to average out. that being said, there are patterns of average weight and how well people can afford to take care of themselves that can affect how attractive they are.

but this whole theory about certain cities just having better looking women doesnt make sense, when you think logically, as theres no real reason how that could be possible. personal experience is useless, because youve barely met 1/100th of the population
It works like this; which city are you most likely to see the most attractive women on average. Not who has the most beautiful women.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,612 posts, read 24,802,203 times
Reputation: 11185
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
wow. first off, why, for your example, would you compare a place youve never been to and actually seen to a place you have been to? that is just dumb right off the bat, you can go out on as many limbs as you want. this is just pure stereotype, clearly not based in reality as youve already admitted youve never even seen it for yourself (however, even if you had been both places that would still be meaningless, as there is no way for you to even see 1 percent of the population just by going there).
Just for you, JimmyJohnWilson, I will petition President Obama to commission a panel whose sole and exclusive purpose is to gauge the aggregate beauty of women in cities across the nation. I'm not sure what the likelihood of success of such an endeavor will be, so until then, I'll have to rely solely on casual observation to buttress my point. Nonetheless, I feel completely confident in saying that Miami has more hotties than Buffalo. It certainly has more than Philadelphia.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
first off, you pretty much did say that. what im telling you, is you havent seen anything! if you lived in atlanta for 10 years youd be lucky to have met 2 percent of the women. there is no way you can gauge whether or not attractive women work certian types of jobs in each city beucase you havent met anything close to a majority of the women, its not possible to have done so. all you can say is of the women youve met (which is a huge minority of the population) happened to work those types of jobs. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
DC has well rounded women, but they are far from being the best-looking women. This is a great place if you want a "6" with a law degree. Atlanta, on the other hand, has tons of "8s" who work in HR...just looking fine for no good reason at all. It's just a smorgusborg down there.
Where in this statement do I even come remotely close to saying that ALL women of certain attractiveness work a certain job? Do you want to rescind your statement, or alternatively, enroll in a GED course? You could do both. By no means are these courses of action mutually exclusive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
wow. you arent really getting what i was saying. im not saying some men like obese, crooked toothed, big nosed women and some men like girls that look like rihanna, im saying that mens taste really does differ as to whos more attractive when it comes to women who are in decent shape and not facially disfigured. ive many times had freinds point to what they thought was an extemeley attractive girl and not thought too much of here, and the same has happened vice versa. a 6 to you could very well be an 8 to me, just depending on what features i find to be more attractive.
My statement was based off what you typed, which was that all men have a different definition of "good looks." Do I need to quote you again? This obviously is not true since, as you astutely observed, men generally do not like "obese, crooked tooth, big nosed women." There's more variation among men, however, when it comes to the top slither of female beauty. In other words, men will spend more time arguing whether Paula Patton is finer than Halle Berry than they will arguing whether Paula Patton is finer than Taraji Henson. For the most part, men will consistently agree on who the "hotter" chick is.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 01:44 PM
 
14,006 posts, read 21,961,418 times
Reputation: 4085
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Atlanta. Hands down. Even my GF says it makes no sense for an attractive woman in her late 20s/early 30s to live in Atlanta. It's like being a baseball player who complains about riding the bench and then demands a trade to the Yankees.

DC has well rounded women, but they are far from being the best-looking women. This is a great place if you want a "6" with a law degree. Atlanta, on the other hand, has tons of "8s" who work in HR...just looking fine for no good reason at all. It's just a smorgusborg down there.

Miami has some nice black women, but they have some really rough ones, too. Miami's a mixed bag, I think. You'll come across some attractive Caribbean women, but for every one of her, you'll meet three Trinas. Eh, hair weave's just not my thing. The best thing about DC, imho, is that weave is really frowned upon. I can't stand it.
I think this one is sadly true. I can't disagree here. Alot of rough looking, ghetto, black chicks in Miami.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,612 posts, read 24,802,203 times
Reputation: 11185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It works like this; which city are you most likely to see the most attractive women on average. Not who has the most beautiful women.
Yes and no. You are more likely to run into a 7 or 8 in Atlanta because the city has an abundance of them. But some cities clearly have more dime pieces than others. If you took the best looking women in DC and placed them in Karu and Y in Miami circa 2008, they would not even stand out. And let's not even talk about Port-au-Spain, Trinidad or Salvador, Brazil (chills run up spine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
that being said, there are patterns of average weight and how well people can afford to take care of themselves that can affect how attractive they are, but ive yet to hear that listed as a reason.

but this whole theory about certain cities just having better looking women doesnt make sense, when you think logically, as theres no real reason how that could be possible. personal experience is useless, because youve barely met 1/100th of the population. and of course the women are going to be good looking at an allen iverson birthday party, he wouldnt let them in if they were ugly.
That's implicit in all of the comments, Sherlock. Part of being attractive is not looking like a beluga whale.

Whether we're talking the TOTAL number of bad chicks you see or the AVERAGE hotness of all chicks in the city (meaning we literally add up the rankings and divide by N), we can say with a fair degree of confidence, and accuracy, that DC comes out ahead of Mobile, Alabama. This is due in large part to DC girls' greater commitment to exercise as well as their ability to push away from the table, but it's also due to the fact that hotter chicks tend to gravitate towards the cities where the high-status men are.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 09-14-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
 
871 posts, read 1,902,664 times
Reputation: 596
bajanyankee, so pretty mcuh your argument is that youve met a lot of beautiful women in miami, moreso than you did in philadelphi. therefore, despite the fact that you have met less than 1/100th of the female population of miami or any other city, you can conclude that women are better looking in miami than in buffalo and philadelphia.

what i'm telling you is that when you have that many people IT WILL ALL AVERAGE OUT. if you want to claim that you know way more attractive women in atlanta than in philly, go ahead. im sure thats true. but dont think that there is something about miami that just makes black women who live there more beautiful. once you get out of the high roller club scene (which is a huge minority of the population) and just get into the regular folks (those HR anbd professionals) its really just random, and the looks shouldnt be any different anywhere. there is no logical reasoning that would lead you to believe otherwise

as far as the whole beauty is relative thing. im not just talking about the celebrities like halle berry. im talking about everyday women (after all im an everyday man, not a celebrity). to use your number scale, a "5" to you could very easily be an "8" to me. thats just how it is. if you really think all men are on the exact same page then you havent talked to enough other men.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
2,851 posts, read 5,428,914 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It works like this; which city are you most likely to see the most attractive women on average. Not who has the most beautiful women.
^^^ What he said. I think that's what this thread really boils down to. Which city are you more easily able to find black women of a certain level of beauty. That's what's really relevant. Not total numbers or percentages necessarily. Something else wrong with your assertions is you kind of assume an even spread or distribution of certain physical features among populations. That i don't think is a correct assumption. For instance I observed that white women in Ohio definitely have a different look than white women in general in Georgia. This I'm sure has to do with Georgia women mostly being of Scottish-Irish and English Stock where as women from Ohio are more Germanic in origin with more being Eastern European or Italian also.

I've also noticed a difference in the skin qualities of black women raised in the South as opposed to say the MidWest. (This is in general)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
27,612 posts, read 24,802,203 times
Reputation: 11185
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
bajanyankee, so pretty mcuh your argument is that youve met a lot of beautiful women in miami, moreso than you did in philadelphi. therefore, despite the fact that you have met less than 1/100th of the female population of miami or any other city, you can conclude that women are better looking in miami than in buffalo and philadelphia..
I will concede one point: I may suffer a bit from sample bias. It is very well possible that Miami has rolls of dime pieces, but has rolls of pennies as well, bringing the average chick hotness rating ("ACH") down. For all intents and purposes, though, most men focus only on the top 30% or so of female beauty. Of that top 30% of nationwide beauty, more of it is concentrated in NYC, LA, and Miami than Cleveland, Ohio and Kansas City, Missouri. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters to the gentleman with a prurient interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
as far as the whole beauty is relative thing. im not just talking about the celebrities like halle berry. im talking about everyday women (after all im an everyday man, not a celebrity). to use your number scale, a "5" to you could very easily be an "8" to me. thats just how it is. if you really think all men are on the exact same page then you havent talked to enough other men.
I will agree with this...to an extent. My friends and I had this disucssion a couple of months ago. One of my friends, for example, would see a girl and give her a "9.5." Then another girl would walk by and he would say that she was better than the 9.5. Shortly thereafter, another girl would walk by and she would be better than the girl who was better than the 9.5. Clearly, his rating system needed to be adjusted, or there was just that much of a gradient between a 9.5 and a perfect 10 for him to be able to rank all of his eye candy.

We all settled on a scale. A "7" is a pretty girl; definitely wifey material (looks wise). You know a 7 has entered the room when your boy points her out to you. An "8" is a girl who puts above average chicks in their place. When she enters the room, your boy grabs your arm and drags you across the room to look at her. A "9" is a girl whose name rings out in the streets like Nicky Barnes. You don't even have to know her to know about her. Finally, a "10" is a girl who is so bad that you she takes half of your money in a divorce settlement and you ain't even mad about it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 02:40 PM
 
1,084 posts, read 3,392,818 times
Reputation: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Atlanta. Hands down. Even my GF says it makes no sense for an attractive woman in her late 20s/early 30s to live in Atlanta. It's like being a baseball player who complains about riding the bench and then demands a trade to the Yankees.

DC has well rounded women, but they are far from being the best-looking women. This is a great place if you want a "6" with a law degree. Atlanta, on the other hand, has tons of "8s" who work in HR...just looking fine for no good reason at all. It's just a smorgusborg down there.

Miami has some nice black women, but they have some really rough ones, too. Miami's a mixed bag, I think. You'll come across some attractive Caribbean women, but for every one of her, you'll meet three Trinas. Eh, hair weave's just not my thing. The best thing about DC, imho, is that weave is really frowned upon. I can't stand it.

its not just the black women in miami, its the culture/attitude of everyone sadly, all the chicas black women white women they all have this im better than you attitude and self centered, really hard to find a nice girl here
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 PM
 
Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
3,458 posts, read 3,000,383 times
Reputation: 1939
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Oh really? So if we took one million women from Buffalo, NY and one million women from Miami, the looks quality of all those women would roughly average out? I don't know. I've never been to Buffalo, but I've been to Miami. Has anybody on here been to Buffalo? Care to chime in? I'll go out on a limb and predict that someone who's been to both will attest that the women in Miami, in the aggregate, ARE FAR BETTER LOOKING than the women in Buffalo.

I never said that all of the "6s" work one job and all of the "8s" work another. I said that DC has a lot of well rounded "6s" with professional degrees. Naturally, you will have many "6s" that will work in HR and some "8s" that will work as Congressional Chiefs of Staff. But overall, you're not going to see heart-busting hotties in DC the way you will in Atlanta, Miami, or LA. They are rare. But you will come across more women who have the "total package," if that's what you're into.

Why don't you see as many heart-busting hotties in DC, you might ask? Well, Miami and LA have industries that suck in attractive women: modeling, acting, etc. DC has law firms, non profits, and government agencies. The fact that you need a certain level of education to work at most of these places already reduces the hottie quotient by at least 85 percent. Thus, you don't see as many hotties in the DC area as you do in a place like Atlanta.
Thats one of the dumbest quotes i've ever heard on this forum, DC has ALWAYS been proven to be known as a prime hot bed for black women, Miami and LA have 1 or two little glamour spots the rest of their black women can't hold a candle to the ones in the DC area, face, body, intellect, and career wise. I just went to the Trey Songz and Monica concert two weeks ago at Constitution Hall and let me tell you, it was 100 to 1 Bad Chicks to Males ratio in there. Miami and LA are not messing with DC's black women overall on any scale. Do you know how many times i've been in both cities and met something i though was the baddest thing walking, then come to find out she's from back home in DC! I lived in FL and visit there at least twice a year, no city in that state has more or better "black women" than the DMV area. I'll have my good friend from Miami tell it he just left here. DC women are some of the most prized women in the world, might wanna get your facts straight.

As for ATL its like a 2nd or 3rd home to me i'll always side with DC since i grew up in the area and know how many we have to offer. But ATL is something serious to be reckon with so i'll never be mad at anyone who gives it to them. Although half of their best ones down there are originally from DC

Last edited by the resident09; 09-14-2010 at 08:56 PM..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top