Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
the middle paragraph here is just nonsense. you are talking about populations in the millions, yet somehow the cities' women just are a certian way? it doesnt work like that. if you take 1 million people, of any city in the US, roughly the same amount will be good looking. there are no cities where the women are better/worse looking on a 1-10 scale, and where all the "8s" work a certain type of jobs and the "6's" work another. there is also no way to gauge average "well-roundedness" of women. it just doesnt work that way when you are talking about millions of people, it all just averages out when you have a sample size that large. not to mention, good looks means something different to every man.

basically, this just the case of the women you met, which were less than one percent of the population
Oh really? So if we took one million women from Buffalo, NY and one million women from Miami, the looks quality of all those women would roughly average out? I don't know. I've never been to Buffalo, but I've been to Miami. Has anybody on here been to Buffalo? Care to chime in? I'll go out on a limb and predict that someone who's been to both will attest that the women in Miami, in the aggregate, ARE FAR BETTER LOOKING than the women in Buffalo.

I never said that all of the "6s" work one job and all of the "8s" work another. I said that DC has a lot of well rounded "6s" with professional degrees. Naturally, you will have many "6s" that will work in HR and some "8s" that will work as Congressional Chiefs of Staff. But overall, you're not going to see heart-busting hotties in DC the way you will in Atlanta, Miami, or LA. They are rare. But you will come across more women who have the "total package," if that's what you're into.

Why don't you see as many heart-busting hotties in DC, you might ask? Well, Miami and LA have industries that suck in attractive women: modeling, acting, etc. DC has law firms, non profits, and government agencies. The fact that you need a certain level of education to work at most of these places already reduces the hottie quotient by at least 85 percent. Thus, you don't see as many hotties in the DC area as you do in a place like Atlanta.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 09-14-2010 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
not to mention, good looks means something different to every man.
This deserves its own post. What a pretty, self-preserving lie people love to tell themselves! There is far less variability among what men find attractive than what women find attractive. By and large, beauty is not in the eye of the beholder. If this were true, you'd have ugly fatties getting hit on in the club just as much as the hourglass shaped, wavy hair girls you see in Fat Joe videos. As anyone who has ever been to a club knows, you don't generally see non-fat women with long, wavy hair and pretty teeth sitting down in a corner with their faces twisted up. Those seats are reserved for the ug-mugs.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:43 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
This deserves its own post. What a pretty, self-preserving lie people love to tell themselves! There is far less variability among what men find attractive than what women find attractive. By and large, beauty is not in the eye of the beholder. If this were true, you'd have ugly fatties getting hit on in the club just as much as the hourglass shaped, wavy hair girls you see in Fat Joe videos. As anyone who has ever been to a club knows, you don't generally see non-fat women with long, wavy hair and pretty teeth sitting down in a corner with their faces twisted up. Those seats are reserved for the ug-mugs.
To be fair, the club usually attracts a very specific demographic of people. Usually the people that love to go to clubs all the time are also the people who one might consider "shallow".

As for me personally, I won't lie and say I don't care about looks. And yes, it's my dream to hook up with a perfect 10 (or 9...or 8). But I wouldn't pass up a solid 5, 6, or 7 if she was the right one for me and we clicked. That would be foolish. Though I admit, I tend to be quicker to accept an unattractive female that has "assets", if you know what I'm talking about, than I would one that doesn't.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
To be fair, the club usually attracts a very specific demographic of people. Usually the people that love to go to clubs all the time are also the people who one might consider "shallow".
Girls who go to the club also go to church, Target, the gym, Whole Foods, poetry slams, the Post Office, the gas station, the bus stop, work, art shows, indie film festivals...you get the point. Whether a girl is a cute, club-hopping attention-junkie or a cute, quiet book worm is beside the point (although it's actually possible for her to be both). You recognize a cute girl from a non-cute girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
As for me personally, I won't lie and say I don't care about looks. And yes, it's my dream to hook up with a perfect 10 (or 9...or 8). But I wouldn't pass up a solid 5, 6, or 7 if she was the right one for me and we clicked. That would be foolish. Though I admit, I tend to be quicker to accept an unattractive female that has "assets", if you know what I'm talking about, than I would one that doesn't.
Every man has his threshold.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Houston, Atlanta, DC

Old 09-14-2010, 10:57 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,128 times
I would Choose Atlanta Its known for its goergous black women.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:31 AM

871 posts, read 2,247,085 times
Quote:
Oh really? So if we took one million women from Buffalo, NY and one million women from Miami, the looks quality of all those women would roughly average out? I don't know. I've never been to Buffalo, but I've been to Miami. Has anybody on here been to Buffalo? Care to chime in? I'll go out on a limb and predict that someone who's been to both will attest that the women in Miami, in the aggregate, ARE FAR BETTER LOOKING than the women in Buffalo.
wow. first off, why, for your example, would you compare a place youve never been to and actually seen to a place you have been to? that is just dumb right off the bat, you can go out on as many limbs as you want. this is just pure stereotype, clearly not based in reality as youve already admitted youve never even seen it for yourself (however, even if you had been both places that would still be meaningless, as there is no way for you to even see 1 percent of the population just by going there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee;15879514[B
]I never said that all of the "6s" work one job and all of the "8s" work another[/b]. I said that DC has a lot of well rounded "6s" with professional degrees. Naturally, you will have many "6s" that will work in HR and some "8s" that will work as Congressional Chiefs of Staff. But overall, you're not going to see heart-busting hotties in DC the way you will in Atlanta, Miami, or LA. They are rare. But you will come across more women who have the "total package," if that's what you're into.
first off, you pretty much did say that. what im telling you, is you havent seen anything! if you lived in atlanta for 10 years youd be lucky to have met 2 percent of the women. there is no way you can gauge whether or not attractive women work certian types of jobs in each city beucase you havent met anything close to a majority of the women, its not possible to have done so. all you can say is of the women youve met (which is a huge minority of the population) happened to work those types of jobs. however, someone else could go there and happen to meet a completely different set of women and have the complete opposite experience. we are talking about millions of people here. and yes, when you have a sample size that large it all tends to pretty much average out.
Quote:
Why don't you see as many heart-busting hotties in DC, you might ask? Well, Miami and LA have industries that suck in attractive women: modeling, acting, etc. DC has law firms, non profits, and government agencies. The fact that you need a certain level of education to work at most of these places already reduces the hottie quotient by at least 85 percent. Thus, you don't see as many hotties in the DC area as you do in a place like Atlanta.
this is just pure idocy, for the reasons stated earlier.
Quote:
wow. you arent really getting what i was saying. im not saying some men like obese, crooked toothed, big nosed women and some men like girls that look like rihanna, im saying that mens taste really does differ as to whos more attractive when it comes to women who are in decent shape and not facially disfigured. ive many times had freinds point to what they thought was an extemeley attractive girl and not thought too much of here, and the same has happened vice versa. a 6 to you could very well be an 8 to me, just depending on what features i find to be more attractive.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:53 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,352 times
Quote:
wow. first off, why, for your example, would you compare a place youve never been to and actually seen to a place you have been to? that is just dumb right off the bat, you can go out on as many limbs as you want. this is just pure stereotype, clearly not based in reality as youve already admitted youve never even seen it for yourself (however, even if you had been both places that would still be meaningless, as there is no way for you to even see 1 percent of the population just by going there)

first off, you pretty much did say that. what im telling you, is you havent seen anything! if you lived in atlanta for 10 years youd be lucky to have met 2 percent of the women. there is no way you can gauge whether or not attractive women work certian types of jobs in each city beucase you havent met anything close to a majority of the women, its not possible to have done so. all you can say is of the women youve met (which is a huge minority of the population) happened to work those types of jobs. however, someone else could go there and happen to meet a completely different set of women and have the complete opposite experience. we are talking about millions of people here. and yes, when you have a sample size that large it all tends to pretty much average out.
this is just pure idocy, for the reasons stated earlier.
wow. you arent really getting what i was saying. im not saying some men like obese, crooked toothed, big nosed women and some men like girls that look like rihanna, im saying that mens taste really does differ as to whos more attractive when it comes to women who are in decent shape and not facially disfigured. ive many times had freinds point to what they thought was an extemeley attractive girl and not thought too much of here, and the same has happened vice versa. a 6 to you could very well be an 8 to me, just depending on what features i find to be more attractive.
The guy you're arguing with is very much right on atleast one account. Some cities really do have a dispropotionate amount of really beautifull women because they have a lot of jobs for women that have beauty as a job requirement. LA, NYC, Miami, and Las Vegas for example have lots of models, actors, muscicians (fans now a days for better or worse demand that their female singer/rapper look good in addition to having a little talent in most cases.) Atlanta has a really booming music industry and some television and modeling as well. The male stars in Atlanta attract a lot of beautiful groupies as well. Atlanta also has been notorious for having a giant stripper industry for a long time and for having really high quality strippers in the looks department.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:57 AM

871 posts, read 2,247,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
The guy you're arguing with is very much right on atleast one account. Some cities really do have a dispropotionate amount of really beautifull women because they have a lot of jobs for women that have beauty as a job requirement. LA, NYC, Miami, and Las Vegas for example have lots of models, actors, muscicians (fans now a days for better or worse demand that their female singer/rapper look good in addition to having a little talent in most cases.) Atlanta has a really booming music industry and some television and modeling as well. The male stars in Atlanta attract a lot of beautiful groupies as well. Atlanta also has been notorious for having a giant stripper industry for a long time and for having really high quality strippers in the looks department.
but even then those are maybe 10,000 extra women out of millions of them, and on average the women still look the same. that doesnt really affect the average looks of those with professional degrees and working in HR, and wouldnt affect the ratio of good looking women in both of those categories

Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,352 times
Quote:
but even then those are maybe 10,000 extra women out of millions of them, and on average the women still look the same. that doesnt really affect the average looks of those with professional degrees and working in HR, and wouldnt affect the ratio of good looking women in both of those categories
I don't know. If your theory is right then when I walk on an equally crowded street in say Columbus, Ohio and Atlanta I should see exactly 2.4 times as many beautiful black women in Atlanta as in Columbus. (the population ratio) But I've lived in both cities for years and I know that's not the case. I will see many more than that in Atlanta easily.

Don't get me wrong I've seen some gorgeous women in Columbus too. But Atlanta is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSzC0IxM9k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City