Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:10 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,635,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Does she live in Houston?
I think she does, or she's orginally from Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 08:12 PM

91 posts, read 151,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msb0810 View Post
Mostly likely the cities with the most single African-American women are the ones with the most African-Americans! Duh, Winning!

lol

Old 03-17-2011, 08:33 PM

2,924 posts, read 5,585,613 times
miami seems good cuz if you strike out you can just say to hell with it and hop on a flight to some caribbean island or colombia or something and hook up with a hot black chick for pennies on the dollar.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:36 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,758,369 times
In the end,talking about which city has more attractive black women is moot. Koi,the woman in the photo,has a hair weave and that would probably considred ugly or rather,unappealing in DC. In the south,if your skinny,you might not be considered all that attractive whereas a chick that was considered thick in Atlanta would be considered fat in La. How do I know? I was considered fat in the north jersey area and didn't receive a lot of attention but as soon as I moved to the philly area I get a lot. Nothing has changed about my appearance. Another example is when I moved to NC. I wear my hair natural,without perms and in an afro but people were laughing at it and making rude comments. However I got compliments on it when I went to Nyc.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:49 AM

639 posts, read 1,283,953 times
It's interesting how ppl are acting how different regions of the US produce women with different genetics, bodies, and faces.
Ive seen hot black women in Idaho, and ugly ones in ATL.

It's all a numbers game, look at the % of black ppl, than look at the poverty rate amongst the black community in that area. That will let you know how big the pool is.

If classy BW are what your into ATL or DC are the winners.
If you for some reason are into hood rats take a trip to Detroit.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:51 AM

639 posts, read 1,283,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
In the end,talking about which city has more attractive black women is moot. Koi,the woman in the photo,has a hair weave and that would probably considred ugly or rather,unappealing in DC. In the south,if your skinny,you might not be considered all that attractive whereas a chick that was considered thick in Atlanta would be considered fat in La. How do I know? I was considered fat in the north jersey area and didn't receive a lot of attention but as soon as I moved to the philly area I get a lot. Nothing has changed about my appearance. Another example is when I moved to NC. I wear my hair natural,without perms and in an afro but people were laughing at it and making rude comments. However I got compliments on it when I went to Nyc.
Perms can look really good on some BW, but I don't understand why a man would prefer it to natural. BW have beautiful natural hair, and you are right, in the south most BW have perms or weaves which annoys me. I prefer fros, dreads or braids to perms. A hairstyle that I can run my fingers thru without screwing up and having a greasy hand.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,410,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Perms can look really good on some BW, but I don't understand why a man would prefer it to natural. BW have beautiful natural hair, and you are right, in the south most BW have perms or weaves which annoys me. I prefer fros, dreads or braids to perms. A hairstyle that I can run my fingers thru without screwing up and having a greasy hand.
Atlanta has always (or atleast in my lifetime) been a city of all kinds of hairdos. It is head quarters of some popular hair care companies and host to national hairdo shows and all that. Further more Atlanta is a city where there is a large variety of styles in dress and clothes unlike many cities where they are quick to say we don't wear this or that here. A major reason for this is because Atlanta is a transplant city with people from all over the country. Here you will see Southern styles right along with East Coast, Midwest and even some West Coast.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:42 AM

92 posts, read 179,086 times
Quote:
that's how people are down here about natural hair. sadly. i've been going natural for a while now and everytime it's loose my daddy says something about "when you going to do something with that wild head, when you going to comb that head". i'm thinking...will you shut up, you getting on my nerves with this every month.

who were you called fat by in jersey? black men or everybody else? i think black men all over the country think the same about what's skinny, thick and fat. i know other races think differently.

to answer the question, any cities with large black populations. everybody knows dc and atl. but don't forget nc . most cities here have large black populations and half the rural areas in piedmont and eastern nc are majority black or almost, so there's plenty of single aa women. And tons of us are attractive, just like AA women all over the country. and most of us are non-hoodacting women because all of us raised here grew up in quiet rural areas or relatively safe cities (except 2 cities...ya'll know which ones). And you know there's plenty of single smart AA college girls/women throughout the state, but for meeting the most Greensboro would be the place i'd say.

Last edited by Shani NC; 03-18-2011 at 09:33 AM..

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,037,981 times
Quote:
DC have NO room to talk. I saw tons of sloppy weave wearing girls there. Besides, Houston doesn't consist of one signature hairstyle amongst black women; just like DC. Women wear a variety of different hairstyles. I think on average; southern women do more upkeep to their hair than other regions. Hair amongst AAs in the south is a big thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
It's interesting how ppl are acting how different regions of the US produce women with different genetics, bodies, and faces.
Ive seen hot black women in Idaho, and ugly ones in ATL.

It's all a numbers game, look at the % of black ppl, than look at the poverty rate amongst the black community in that area. That will let you know how big the pool is.

If classy BW are what your into ATL or DC are the winners.
If you for some reason are into hood rats take a trip to Detroit.
But this is more about quality and quantity. No one is denying that beautiful black women can be seen nationwide, but you won't find as many on average in Idaho like in cities such as DC and ATL.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:24 PM

9,005 posts, read 13,758,369 times
If you look at the housewives of Atlanta and even visit Atlanta there are so many hair weave wearing women than in nyc. So while they may upkeep bthere hair more its because it isn't theirs. Isttill say women in nyc have the best style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City