Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 11:41 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Yeah you guys must be mindreaders....bc that is exactly what I was goin to say....actually Indy gives you a more city like experience...from density...to plenty of outdoor festivals...very distant neighborhoods....very walkable....lots of amenities....lots of parks downtown...natural beauty...an actually completed perimeter....an active arts commmunity....actual winning sports teams....a city scene that doesn't become non existant 4 blocks from the downtown core...actual suburbs that feel suburban of a big city...a laid out real city grid.....better city planning...moe unique restaurants...etc etc.....Indy is better than Charlotte and gives you a much better city experience...the only thing Charlotte wins out in is better winter (but even that is objective)
Ajjam I suggest you find your way too atlanta, if your bored..It seems like your not satisfied with what charlotte has to offer. Your not going to get the same experience in charlotte as you will atlanta.. So don't try to compare them.. Buckhead is on another level than south park period..

I like Indys downtown better than charlottes

the shopping experience is better in charlotte than Indy

Over all I choo se charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 03:21 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,189 times
I'll be home for good after the new year

Old 11-13-2010, 06:45 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Lol. At first I thought you were talking about Carmel Rd in Charlotte and then I remembered Carmel is in Indiana. Lol. But the Carmel Rd. district in Charlotte is pretty nice. I'm sure Carmel is nice. Is it like a suburb or a satellite city?
Carmel is a suburb that will be very interesting to see in the next 20 years. It is already the upper income suburb of Indianapolis, but it is trying to put itself on another level. The are developing a new downtown and getting rid of virtually all stoplights and stop signs in favor of roundabouts.
Welcome to Carmel City Center (http://www.carmelcitycenter.com/pcd_ccc/index.aspx - broken link)
Project CarmelLink - Connecting Carmel to the Future • Carmel, Indiana

Old 11-13-2010, 08:39 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Carmel is a suburb that will be very interesting to see in the next 20 years. It is already the upper income suburb of Indianapolis, but it is trying to put itself on another level. The are developing a new downtown and getting rid of virtually all stoplights and stop signs in favor of roundabouts.
Welcome to Carmel City Center (http://www.carmelcitycenter.com/pcd_ccc/index.aspx - broken link)
Man that is real interesting. Go Carmel. It is the second largest city after Indianapolis right?

Old 11-13-2010, 09:28 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,680,051 times
Quote:
Yeah that's cool,I'm not much for most of these "new urban" places because they feel too sterile and a little fake,but in 40/50 years they will be interesting to see after having been lived in a while. And this one in Carmel seems like there going about it right.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:25 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,654 times
Quote:
Man that is real interesting. Go Carmel. It is the second largest city after Indianapolis right?
If you're talking metro area, I think so. If you're talking about Indiana as a whole, that would be Fort Wayne.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:56 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
Quote:
If you're talking metro area, I think so. If you're talking about Indiana as a whole, that would be Fort Wayne.
Yeah, I was referring to metro.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:14 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
Yeah, I was referring to metro.
Carmel is part of the Indy metro.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:47 PM

365 posts, read 499,268 times
Good comparison

Old 07-14-2012, 01:15 PM

365 posts, read 499,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Uuummmm...south park has 6 department stores as anchors....other than that the mall is just one level...ill take macys and bloomingdales and 4 stories of shopping over a belk and dicks and one level of shopping....south park is slightly bigger but it looks small...its only a regional mall...where as lenox attracts global shoppers....not to mention another MAJOR mall is right across the street and a one billion dollar retail development is underway down the street....u are soo funny and delirious it saddens me....southpark just got a container store for crying out loud....ha ha ha.....psstt....btw lenox shoppers spend more per sq foot of the mall than any other mall in America....better comparison...south park and perimeter......

To stay on topic......indianapolis is way better than charlotte!!!
I don't think South Park has a Dicks. They have Macy and Neiman Marcus plus a lot of high end stores.
You're underestimating South Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City