Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 01:44 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
The stores were on different sides of the city, so I don't see what you're getting at...
The store closest to the bulk of the clientele, on the north side of the city, started getting all of the business. The one that was further away got less business because of that and had to close. It's pretty easy to understand. If Charlotte had a Nordstrom originally in Uptown and then a second one open in South Park some time later, the same thing would have happened for the same reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,511,029 times
lets drop the which city has the better mall arguements.
Cause #1 its silly
and #2 its kinda embarassing for both cities if they are so similar they have to argue which malls are better..................

Old 09-26-2012, 10:45 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,968,139 times
I like Indianapolis' downtown much better than Charlotte's. Indianapolis does FAR better with its parks and bike trails too. Charlotte is ok, but I'd much prefer to live in Indianapolis if choosing between the two.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:45 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Personally, I like Charlotte's parks better. I think parks in Charlotte, or in NC really have the advantage because all the seasons.
I thought Indianapolis' downtown felt too small with nothing to offer but okay-ish looking buildings.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Personally, I like Charlotte's parks better. I think parks in Charlotte, or in NC really have the advantage because all the seasons.
I thought Indianapolis' downtown felt too small with nothing to offer but okay-ish looking buildings.
Pretty obivious you didnt bother exploring Downtown Indianapolis.
#1 there is the Central Canal.
#2 there are over 200 unique resturants to eat at. 90% locally owned.
#3 there are over 300 unique places to shop. again 85% locally owned.
#4 There is Monument Circle/War Memorial Plaza/The new Marion County Library/If your in town during the fall the Colts games downtown and other conventions at the Convention center
#5 the Indiana History Museum/Medal of Honor Memorial/Eitjong museum/Eli Lily Museum under Monument Circle/City Market/Cultural Trail.

So it sounds like you were to lazy to get out of your car and explore Downtown Indy.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
#4 There is Monument Circle/War Memorial Plaza/The new Marion County Library/If your in town during the fall the Colts games downtown and other conventions at the Convention center
#5 the Indiana History Museum/Medal of Honor Memorial/Eitjong museum/Eli Lily Museum under Monument Circle/City Market/Cultural Trail.

So it sounds like you were to lazy to get out of your car and explore Downtown Indy.
Lol, because I like Charlotte's downtown better I didn't "explore" Indy's downtown? No. I never once said I didn't like their downtown, as I stated before, I actually like Indianapolis.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Transportation:Charlotte

Restaurants:Indianapolis

Shopping:Charlotte

Schools:Indianapolis

History:Charlotte

Diversity:Charlotte

Airport:Charlotte

Thats all i can think of...
Museums & Galleries: Indianapolis
Parks: Indianapolis
Life Sciences: Indianapolis
Medical Facilities: Indianapolis
Sports: Indianapolis
World Wide Name Recognition: Indianapolis

Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,968,139 times
Quote:
Did you happen to check out the CanalWalk and White River State Park with the museums and all? As many times as I've been to Charlotte, I've never seen a park there that comes close to that.

And Charlotte's incorporation of water into its parks is really miniscule and mundane compared to Indianapolis' until you actually get outside of Charlotte.

And good luck biking from Charlotte's outer loop to downtown. Piece of cake all the way from Carmel area to downtown Indianapolis on dedicated off road trails. Bike trail park space is HIGHLY signifcantly developed in Indianapolis.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Lol, because I like Charlotte's downtown better I didn't "explore" Indy's downtown? No. I never once said I didn't like their downtown, as I stated before, I actually like Indianapolis.
well then dont say Indy's Downtown has nothing to offer and then nobody will mistaken you

Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post

Can you show some sources on the two I bolded? I'd really be interested in seeing how 85% of the stores are locally owned. Same with 90% of the restaurants. The numbers themselves seem possible, just not the percent locally owned. And actually, the 300 places to shop seems like it could be a bit bloated too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City