U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 PM

587 posts, read 656,559 times

Advertisements

I'm from San Francisco but I'm not delusional. Chicago not only has a more impressive skyline than San Francisco, but has the most impressive skyline on the continent. Chicago not only has a massive skyline, but its a nice looking skyline too. The architecture is top notch. New York's skyline has no style- just random buildings everywhere. Chicago's skyline is much more thought out, modern, and classy. San Francisco has the 3rd best skyline in America. If you took Chicago's buildings and placed them on San Francisco's backdrop, you'd have the best skyline in the world.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:53 AM

12,581 posts, read 10,478,078 times
I'm not a big fan of this ranking. For example, in the case of Toronto they include Mississauga which is nonsensical as it is about 25 kilometres away and has zero connection to T.O's skyline. If they do that for T.O than they are doing that for other cities like Tokyo etc which is bogus....Having said that I do agree with the fact that Chicago is in the top 5 skylines in the world. S.F while impressive isn't even in the top 20 imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

Old 03-03-2013, 10:59 AM

12,581 posts, read 10,478,078 times
Although I agree that Chicago has a more asthetically pleasing skyline, I have to question the fact that NYC has no style and is random.. I love the dense canyons in Manhattan and the depth and breadth of the archictecture is tough to beat even for Chicago imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNative87 View Post
I'm from San Francisco but I'm not delusional. Chicago not only has a more impressive skyline than San Francisco, but has the most impressive skyline on the continent. Chicago not only has a massive skyline, but its a nice looking skyline too. The architecture is top notch. New York's skyline has no style- just random buildings everywhere. Chicago's skyline is much more thought out, modern, and classy. San Francisco has the 3rd best skyline in America. If you took Chicago's buildings and placed them on San Francisco's backdrop, you'd have the best skyline in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or