U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 08:06 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,573,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Whether you like a city or not does not hurt my feelings; however making blanket statements as you do may result in you missing out on some good life experiences. Yes, there are shallow and pretentious people EVERYWHERE, and that includes Houston, but if you enjoy life, and people in general, you could have a good time ANYWHERE even if you do not like the shallow ones (just ignore them). LA is not made up of all shallow people, and neither are the other cities you listed, and they DO have redeeming qualities. Please free-think on that.
There are nice people in LA, every city has nice people, thanks for pointing that out... But sweetclimber meant in comparison to other cities around the country... LA is incredibly shallow compared to most of the country. I met shallow people when I went out there for a baseball game with some friends. I'm proud to say we shoved it right back in their face as we also do to shallow people here in New York. Nobody likes funny guys.

You took it too literally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 08:17 AM

2,893 posts, read 4,212,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsitlity View Post
I would never live

1. Houston - Too Ugly for me, its flat hot and boring I would rather die than go to Houston
2. Detroit - **** hole of America right after Houston
3. Atlanta - too ghetto, overrated
4. New Orleans - Hurricane Prone
Look, I'm not the moral police here; but, you could've left it at 'I would rather not go there', in respect for the tens of thousands of people in the U.S. on any given day fighting for their lives.

Grow up.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:23 AM

20,973 posts, read 32,955,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
How about 5 pairs ?

1. Detroit and Chicago - Crime
2. Phoenix and Las Vegas - Heat
3. SLC and Oklahoma city - Too Conservative
4. Atlanta and New Orleans - Heat/Humidity
5. Minneapolis and Milwaukee - Cold

Obviously other cities have similar issues and some of these cities
have more issues than these.
The climates in these cities are nothing alike; Atlanta sits 1000 ft above sea level in the foothills of the Appalaichians. New Orleans resides way to the south at sea level in the coastal plain. Big difference.
Houston and New Orleans is more like it.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:18 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,062,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
There are nice people in LA, every city has nice people, thanks for pointing that out... But sweetclimber meant in comparison to other cities around the country... LA is incredibly shallow compared to most of the country. I met shallow people when I went out there for a baseball game with some friends. I'm proud to say we shoved it right back in their face as we also do to shallow people here in New York. Nobody likes funny guys.

If he doesn't want people to take him literally, he shouldn't make blanket statements as he does. I think the people in LA are just as nice as they are in any place. Sometimes you get in return what you give.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 PM

263 posts, read 948,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Let me first start off by saying that the intent of this thread is not to bash other cities. Personally, I find all major American cities interesting. However, there are undoubtedly places that do not appeal to me as a place to live. Therefore, if your city is mentioned, please don't be too offended.
With that being said, what cities would you least like to live in (city proper)?

My top 5 (or bottom 5) would be:

(1) Detroit
(2) Oakland, CA
(3) Kansas City
(4) Minneapolis
(5) Jacksonville
Anyone with high crime, like detroit, baltimore, DC (the district itself, not the burbs), and florida-to lousianna.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 PM

7,946 posts, read 14,615,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoverme View Post
Why are so many people saying Oklahoma City? It's really a great little city with really nice people, a good quality of life, that is clean and safe.
Its conservative. Conservative cities get no love on this forum.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:09 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,683,759 times
Omaha
Oklahoma City
Detroit
Indianapolis
Des Moines

Old 12-20-2008, 12:37 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,041,727 times
LA
Detroit
Maimi
Cleveland
NYC

Old 12-20-2008, 01:06 AM

2,015 posts, read 4,902,279 times
1. Detroit
2. St. Louis
3. Memphis
4. Cincinnati
5. D.C.

For similar reasons, which I will not elaborate, I think if you've been there you get the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post

In LA F- You means Hello! And in NY Hello means F- You!

Old 12-20-2008, 01:10 AM

380 posts, read 933,918 times
1.Boston
2. Baltimore
3. Detroit
4. Los Angeles
5. Houston
Runners up small cities as well
6. Richmond, Va
7. Camden, NJ
8. Newark
9. Dallas
10. Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or