Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiavoli View Post
Not to get me started but Chicago as far as racial relations go is still in the 60's. Do not consider Chicago a typical Northern city.
i knew yo a$$ would say something

Overall Most Segregated (Averaging ranks for all 5 major dimensions) Drumroll…..
  1. Milwaukee
  2. Detroit
  3. Cleveland
  4. St. Louis
  5. Newark
  6. Cincinnati
  7. Buffalo-Niagara Falls
  8. New York
  9. Chicago
  10. Philadelphia
  11. (tie) New Orleans and Kansas City
new orleans is the only city from the south. AND ITS 11th!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM

269 posts, read 468,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Ok, I believe everything they say...lol. No, I'll be the judge of that when I go see the Astros in Houston and go around the city.
Why in the world would you go somewhere you so obviously hate?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post
Why in the world would you go somewhere you so obviously hate?

Because I can.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
High and mighty? I am quoting you the LAW. Do you want me to give you the logic of these court cases?
No, please. Stop talking to me..it's exhausting.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Because I can.
You want to go somewhere because you can? That doesn't make much sense.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
No, please. Stop talking to me..it's exhausting.
No, it's because you lost the argument.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:40 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
Ok, I believe you from your one-time visit And you just ASSUME they looked at you because of the color of your skin. Here's a news flash: People will look at you on the streets. Doesn't mean it has to do with your skin color.

That doesn't have to do with gays either.
When did I ever say I have only been one time? And I have a ton of family up there and a ton who moved down here. And every time my family from up there comes down here they talk about how nice and friendly the people down here are.

And please explain to me why I didn't get any stares from other blacks? Answer that one for me with your superior northern intellect. Please! I do beseech you.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
No, it's because you lost the argument.
What was I arguing about? I believe the only argument I had was that gay people can, in fact, hold hands in Texas. I don't believe I lost that one!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
What was I arguing about? I believe the only argument I had was that gay people can, in fact, hold hands in Texas. I don't believe I lost that one!
What my mom said.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:44 PM

467 posts, read 874,061 times
Quote:
What is your point? I know the case, and I acknowledged that it is definitely not a bright spot in Texas law.

I don't believe I ever claimed Texas has the most personal freedoms for gays or anyone else. I was simply refuting another one of your daughter's ridiculous, uninformed claims. The end.
Why gays? Penalization of sodomy (undertsood as oral or anal intercourse) between myself and my wife would affect me, too? And I do not really care if this laws is enforced or not but it is there. Why?

I think you are missing the point which is that the state of Texas insisted on regulating such aspects of human lives that I believ should be left to the people themselves to decide. The great state of Texas believes that it is OK for me to own and carry a lethal weapon but it is not OK for me and my wife to decide what we are going to do with in our own bedroom. This is what I call conservative hypocrisy. It's a matter of principle, do you get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City