Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:01 AM

814 posts, read 2,306,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
southern does not equal redneck. There are rednecks from all states with no southern connections at all....from the few posts I've read from you, you are very bitter and unhappy, which I suspect wouldn't change no matter where you lived.
And most Americans are not rednecks...what a lamo statement.

And editing to add, there is nothing wrong with rednecks anyway. Most are the salt of the earth.
i know it comforts you to believe that. that's about a stone's throw away from saying no one can possibly be happy unless they live in america even though americans primarily don't even want foreigners but is said to appease the ego.

actually, i've lived in places i liked but things change. have you not noticed threads where people wish things were like in the old days? lol

you can go to stormfront and no one is happy living in america and they consider themselves the most american. lmao. i suppose they won't be happy anywhere either since nothing is to their liking. lol

really likes or dislikes can't be argued with. someone disliking or liking something doesn't mean the object of their attention is definitely good or bad, just not appealing to them.

of course most americans are rednecks. look at the majority of america. i don't need to go to mississipi to not notice the correlation between the southern states and say missouri residents (most americans). you'll find quite a lot of historical tidbits of unwanted being asked to go to america or sent to america throughout history from europe as well and most of them are very reminiscent of rednecks. it's also evidenced in some aspects with the overall american culture. that doesn't mean an underdog can't succeed. america is proof of that. it's just takes opportunity and resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 03:52 PM

395 posts, read 1,374,742 times
The problem with knowing a city is that most people here have only visited cities. It all depends on what's going on in that city at the time.

Boring isn't defined by the skyline. That just says how many office buildings there are downtown.

For example, when I went to Dallas, everything was dead. There was nothing going on downtown to do. I can simply say "Dallas is boring"...but how could I possibly know if it's truly boring or not? I couldve gone the next weekend when there were two festivals going on and I would've thought opposite.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
I nominate Little Rock, Arkansas as the supreme most boring city in USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
or perhaps we actually like doing stuff with other people, making friends or doing interesting things, and when we get dropped in the boring city with boring drones who actually ARE boring we have to become reclusive observers of why the cities suck. Most people who are posting like that on here ARE like this and HAVE lived in other cities and had good lives, only to move by their own means, or by means out of their control by work/economic/family situations and trying to get out, just not as easy to pack and go on a whim, especially right now. When your idea of fun is going to a museum, concert, or all night at a good restaurant, and the people around you want to go to Talladega, mud bogging or hunting a gobbling turkey... It might be exciting for them, but boring, even distasteful and mindless to you.
Exactly. I would LOVE to get out and do fun stuff but nobody around here wants to do anything except for go to church three times per week or go to the "deer woods". Everybody is so conservative nobody has any idea how to have fun. People around here's idea of "culture" is a George Strait concert and their idea of "fine dining" is the Olive Garden. If you deviate any from the redneck alpha-male stereotype or talk without a southern accent, you are suspected of being gay (and you don't want people thinking that around here!). Thats not considering that at my age (23), 98% of people in my area are already married with kids or with kids on the way. The crime is so high here I wouldn't even consider it a good place to raise a family. I've your not a bible beating redneck or a wannabe thug, there isn't much for you here. I would give anything to be able to up and move on a whim, but its going to take a while if it ever happens at all. I feel like I am pissing away what should be some of the most exciting years of my life in this hellhole.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
Charlotte, NC...I only lasted 1 year there before moving back home when attended I unc-charlotte (so boring)...i couldn't find any charm there, the environment is not attractive at all and there seems to be nothing to do...very depressing! There are just some places that have charm, like DC, for instance, where you see interesting people and interesting sights. But not in Charlotte...a weird non-existent like place!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,103,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You must not be a fan of beer or meat in tube form.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:11 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_la View Post
Charlotte, NC...I only lasted 1 year there before moving back home when attended I unc-charlotte (so boring)...i couldn't find any charm there, the environment is not attractive at all and there seems to be nothing to do...very depressing! There are just some places that have charm, like DC, for instance, where you see interesting people and interesting sights. But not in Charlotte...a weird non-existent like place!
Apparently you didn't do anything while you were here but stayed cooped up on campus.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Apparently you didn't do anything while you were here but stayed cooped up on campus.
UNC-Charlotte does have an unfortunate location in the city. Usually universities are nearer city centers. I guess some of the newer ones were located in more suburban locales as larger swaths of land were harder (and more expensive) to come by.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:45 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
VA Beach, Norfolk, Charlotte, etc..

Old 05-18-2010, 01:24 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Va Beach is nice in the summer, Norfolk is DEAD in the winter

Old 05-18-2010, 01:37 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
You haven't even been to Charlotte. You've only stopped in NC while passing through, so stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City